Torture kids[boys] to spite dads

Started by poiuyt, Oct 11, 2007, 11:09 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

poiuyt

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/7039476.stm
A mother who poured a kettle of boilling water over her five-year-old son to get back at his father who had left her has been jailed for 10 years.[/size]

The victim, now aged 17, suffered burns to more than 20% of his body.

He told Cardiff Crown Court his mother called him to the kitchen and said "I'm sorry I've got to do this".

The 36-year-old woman insisted the incident was an accident and admitted lying at the time because she feared her son would be taken into care.

The judge at Cardiff Crown Court told the 36-year-old, who cannot be named, that she had "failed her first and greatest responsibility as a parent".

Judge Phillip Richards added the mother had become "the danger" to her son.

"The first and greatest responsibility of a parent is to protect his or her child from danger," he said.

"You not only failed to do that but you became the danger and you caused your son horrific injuries."

The victim had told the court that he was still full of rage over his mother's actions and wanted to make her pay.

He said he did not tell anybody about the incident until the autumn of 2004, because she had told him she would kill herself if he did.

The teenager said that on the day he was injured his mother had told him his father did not want to see him and did not love him.

"She called me out the kitchen and said 'Sorry I've got to do this' and tips the kettle over my chest," he told the court.

'Appalling act'

"She said, 'now your effing father will come and see you'."

Before sentencing, Judge Richards was told that the mother, from Cardiff, had been before the court on five previous occasion for a total of 13 offences involving dishonesty.

He told her: "There is no punishment that I can impose which will be as dreadful as the punishment you gave to your young son.

"You built up a resentment for your position as being left as a single parent.

"Your son's father did not turn up that day as intended and over the course of the day your resentment drove you to behave in a way in a way no mother should.

"You entirely lost your patience with your son and carried out this appalling act of pouring boiling water over him.

"You punished your child for wrongs you believed have been done to you by your former partner."

The mother claimed she had boiled the kettle to pour on an ants' nest at her kitchen door and had spilled the water after bumping into him.

She told the court she would never hurt her son to get back at his father.

But the jury rejected the explanation and delivered a unanimous guilty verdict of grievous bodily harm with intent in July.

After the verdict, an impact statement was read out in court by prosecuting barrister Michael Mather-Lees.

It explained how the incident had affected the victim's life and how he had even contemplated suicide.

"I can't even begin to explain the pain I felt when this happened to me as a young innocent child," the statement said.

"My memories are of the burning feeling, the pain on a scale of 10 was 10.

"The pain was constant, all day, every day sitting there, crying because of the pain, it would never go away.

"I have memories of my mother telling me she would kill herself if I ever told the truth and this made me feel scared that if she did kill herself it would be my fault.

"My mother made me feel like a bad person. She would batter me and I would be too scared to say," it added.

The teenager also described how unwilling he was to was to show his body and wore clothes to hide his scars.

"I got my burns for nothing. I don't deserve to have these scars - I have been punished for nothing - because one woman never loved her son," he said.

... millions of children of divorce, especially boys, are set up for a life of hellish traumas when societies' institutions deem them and their fathers to be less worthy, therefore less human parties to the family unit.

neoteny

Well, the jury system worked; they didn't buy her lame tale. I hope she'll do at least half of the 10 years, although in her case it is only punishment, not rehabilitation; psychopaths like her don't get better.
The spreading of information about the [quantum] system through the [classical] environment is ultimately responsible for the emergence of "objective reality." 

Wojciech Hubert Zurek: Decoherence, einselection, and the quantum origins of the classical

typhonblue

And it remains a mystery where male psychopaths come from? (Just something inherent in men, right? Nothing to do with the years they live completely beholden to a psychopathic authority figure.)

Garak

The judge at Cardiff Crown Court told the 36-year-old, who cannot be named, that she had "failed her first and greatest responsibility as a parent".

??
I will stop staring at your boobs when you stop staring at my paycheck!

shard43

??

Seriously. This non-naming of women in any and all court cases is going too far.

Garak

??

Seriously. This non-naming of women in any and all court cases is going too far.

But but we can't tell the public who she is, she already feels bad enough.  :laughing6:

Cordell Walker

one thing that trips me out is that I saw a report on  women in prison and female child abusers arent abused in prison by other inmates the way male child abusers/molesters are

why, if women are more protective of kids than men, are female child killers safer in jail than male ones
"how can you kill women and children?"---private joker
"Easy, ya just dont lead em as much" ---Animal Mother

Garak

one thing that trips me out is that I saw a report on  women in prison and female child abusers arent abused in prison by other inmates the way male child abusers/molesters are

why, if women are more protective of kids than men, are female child killers safer in jail than male ones

That is a GREAT question.

BRIAN

Whycome can't they say her name? The kid is 17 now and its not like they have to protect a juvenile anymore?
You may sleep soundly at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence upon those who seek to harm you.

Cordell Walker

Whycome can't they say her name? The kid is 17 now and its not like they have to protect a juvenile anymore?

to paraprase your response to my NASCAR thread........................................does it really suprise you????

today  when I was watching fox news about the fat kid with the arsenal , they named him but his mom whom was arrested they didnt name
"how can you kill women and children?"---private joker
"Easy, ya just dont lead em as much" ---Animal Mother

MAUS

One of the greats of the blues was "Blind Willie Johnson" his song about the Titanic was, and still is, the benchmark of great bottleneck guitar. He was blind because his stepmother threw a cup of Gillette's lye in his face in retalliation for jealousy against his father.

poiuyt

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cambridgeshire/8268632.stm
A mother who murdered her two daughters as they slept has been jailed for life and must serve a minimum of 33 years.

Rekha Kumari-Baker, 41, stabbed 16-year-old Davina 37 times and 13-year-old Jasmine 29 times at their home in Stretham, Cambridgeshire.

Her ex-husband said the killings were "an act of calculated viciousness".

The 33-year minimum sentence handed down at Cambridge Crown Court is one of the longest jail terms given to a woman in the UK in modern times.

David Baker, Kumari-Baker's ex-husband, said he had been "robbed" of his daughters.

Denied murder

Kumari-Baker admitted killing the girls in June 2007 but denied murder on the grounds of diminished responsibility.

However the jury did not believe her and took just 35 minutes to find her guilty of murder.

Sentencing her, Mr Justice Bean said the Parole Board would not consider her for release until 2040, when she will be 72.

He said she had been found guilty of two brutal murders on the basis of "clear and compelling evidence".

"Most people will find it inexplicable that a mother could kill her own children and you have given no explanation for it," he said.

He said she was "certainly upset" at the breakdown of her relationship with boyfriend Jeff Powell.

He added: "I think mild depression was probably combined with a wish to retaliate against David Baker and destroy the happiness in his life but to some extent your motive remains a mystery.

"Your defence of diminished responsibility was flimsy and unsubstantial. You knew quite well what you were doing and you were not mentally ill."

The judge considered whether Kumari-Baker should ever be considered for release but concluded that the premeditation was significant but not substantial so a "whole life order" was not warranted.

In a victim impact statement read to the court by prosecutor John Farmer after Kumari-Baker was convicted, Mr Baker told of the "incalculable" loss he had suffered.

"Having them taken away from me in such a brutal way and by the woman who was their mother... has had an incalculable effect," Mr Baker said in his statement.

"I am haunted by the horror of the events of that night and probably will remain so for a very long time."

His statement continued: "She tore them from us all and life can't be the same for those who remain."

'Wreak havoc'

Prosecutors had said Kumari-Baker was trying to "wreak havoc" on her ex-husband.

During the two-week trial, jurors heard that she attacked the girls in the early hours of June 13.

The court heard evidence showed that Davina - whose body was found kneeling on the floor - had struggled. Jasmine was found dead in bed.

The prosecution said Kumari-Baker bought the knives she used to attack the girls at an Asda supermarket two days earlier.

She argued that she had been suffering from a mental disorder and mounted a "diminished responsibility defence".

What a poor suffering woman. The authorities didn't buy her pussy-pass defence card as they promised her murderous kind they would. That is, for the perpetration of domestic violence against minors and the murdering two daughters in isolation of their economically extorted father on divorce.

Anyway, she mustn't worry. Femaleists Harriet Harman, Vera Baird and Cherie Booth Blair are working feverishly to permit embittered females alone, as wives or mothers, to alledge past abuse or violence inorder to lawfully kill their husbands, fathers, boyfriends, lovers or their own children.

She will soon be freed from jail and lauded as a surviving heroine. You wait. Afterall it is only a mere political killing and mere political crime she has commited against her daughters. That is, not anything so bad as deserving of moral turpitude for a whole 33 years.

Captain Courageous

"RADICAL FEMINISTS USE DISTRACTIONS TO MASK WOMAN MURDERERS

There has been a massive rise in radical feminist news in the corporate media. It is most noticeable when there has been a lot of media attention over women murderers. If its not rape its domestic violence the usual tactics that smear men by the jack boot lesbians running the hate men womens movement.

The radical feminists are definitely using a tactic of distracting attention away from news this week about the mother who stabbed to death her two children to get back at her boyfriend."

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article.html?Double_murder_mother_jailed_until_2040&in_article_id=741689&in_page_id=34

Go Up