Hillary's Feminist Problem

Started by SouthernGuy, Oct 29, 2007, 02:01 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

SouthernGuy

Oct 29, 2007, 02:01 PM Last Edit: Oct 29, 2007, 02:03 PM by SouthernGuy
This on on CBS, a mainstream network site, pretty cool.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/06/15/opinion/main2934136.shtml

This rather dramatic change of heart encapsulates one of the great ironies of Hillary Clinton's bid for the presidency. Many of the very same feminists who were her most ardent supporters as First Lady are now fiercely opposed to her historic bid to become the first female President of the United States. The woman once described by Susan Faludi as a symbol of "the joy of female independence" now evokes ambivalence, disdain and, sometimes, outright vitriol. The right wing's favorite "femi-nazi" now has to contend with Jane Fonda comparing her to "a ventriloquist for the patriarchy with a skirt and a vagina."

Two page editorial, includes commentary from all the usual suspects: Feministing.com, Bitch magazine, N.O.W., etc.

Are feminists deserting Hillary? Comments?

Garak

Jane Fonda comparing her to "a ventriloquist for the patriarchy with a skirt and a vagina.

They don't like her because she doesn't appear to be as much of a man-hater as they want her to be?

No, this is not good news because if she shifts her tactics to make them happy (and she probably will) then things are worse.

I will stop staring at your boobs when you stop staring at my paycheck!

TheManOnTheStreet

I saw this on Fox as well.  They had a femikook commenting on it..... WOW!  She layed into hitlary like she was... well.. male!

TMOTS
The Man On The Street is on the street for a reason.......

Cordell Walker

well hillary lost much of her charm for the feminuts when they found out rudy looked better in a skirt(plus  him marrying his cousin was a plus for the  mary winkler types) :toothy9: :occasion18: :occasion18: :occasion18:
"how can you kill women and children?"---private joker
"Easy, ya just dont lead em as much" ---Animal Mother

Tony Ananda

>In her Newsweek column, Anna Quindlen declared, "The truth is that Senator Clinton has a woman problem."<

Ha ha!  Everybody has a woman problem.

Hillary's got the right idea.  Don't even try to please them because it's impossible.  They live in a chronic state of dissatisfaction.  There is no cure.

Oh yeah, let's hear what the founder of Bitch magazine has to say.  We want to keep our fingers pressed to the very pulse of American Society Today.
When the going gets weird, the wierd turn pro.

Men's Rights Activist

Oct 29, 2007, 04:35 PM Last Edit: Oct 29, 2007, 06:45 PM by Men's Rights Activist
"a ventriloquist for the patriarchy

A ventriloquist usually has a dummy sitting on his/her knee.  Apparently, that statement is saying that Patriarchy (all men) are the dummies sitting on Hillary's knee.

That appears to be a rather stereotyping and hateful thing to say about a group of people.  Would it be politically correct to say that Hillary is a ventrilquist for blacks, or gays, or whoever?  No?  So why does this person think it is okay to say this about men?  ...Talk about no accountability for prejudices.
Life, Liberty, & Pursuit of Happiness are fundamental rights for all (including males), & not contingent on gender feminist approval or denial. Consider my "Independence" from all tyrannical gender feminist ideology "Declared" - Here & Now!

Cordell Walker

but what I love about it is it  basically exposes her main weakness..................................................the core of her suport is  people(some union  northeast ethnic whites, southern black middle/working class types, state and local PO's social workers, prison gaurds etc)who  are hoping that hillary 08 is a third bill term.

Libertariandadd

I suspect its merely a case of good cop/bad cop. Hitlary's plan is to get into the white house no matter what the cost so she can open the floodgates to the marxists and turn the country inside out again. Her constituents will be rushing in with glee regardless what theyve printed now.
'It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers-out of unorthodoxy.' George Orwell, Nineteen Eighty-Four

dr e

The article brought up a chilling point. Think of the experience of women in the voting booth on election day.  What are the chances that they will see themselves "making history" and to vote "no" would be not doing their part for women.  I am guessing that it will be very hard for women to judge Hillary on her record and her accomplishments and will be more likely to feel a sense of responsibility to righting the wrongs of thousands of years of oppression....

Oh man, this is not a pleasant thought.
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

neonsamurai

"a ventriloquist for the patriarchy

A ventriloquist usually has a dummy sitting on his/her knee.  Apparently, that statement is saying that Patriarchy (all men) are the dummies sitting on Hillary's knee.

LOL! Good point MRA! It's like when people call Frankenstein's Monster 'Frankenstein'. Although I must say, if anyone can spot a political mouthpiece, it's gotta be Fonda.

"Hilary Clinton is a mouthpiece for the patriarchy! How do I know, well I was one for the Viet Cong!" say Ms Fonda.

But seriously, why the sudden loss of support? Personally I think it's because it's going to put the feminists in an awkward position regardless of whether Hilary wins or loses. Let's say she wins, suddenly a woman has become the most powerful person in the free world. How? She was democratically voted into power by a nation that boasts a majority of women. NOW and the feminists will suddenly find their claims of oppression much less effective, especially if the president is a woman vowing to end it. They know that much of what they spout is bull$hit, particularly the oppression of women by men, and their claims of a better world run by women is unfounded. With Clinton in power there will be no huge changes for them, no dramatic shift to a better world with women finally getting what they 'deserve' because so many of their lies are just political spin.

However, if Hilary loses (especially considering the female voters majority) then they are also is a bad position. It would seem that the 'sisterhood' (like the patriarchy only, much, much nicer) would have abandoned the one candidate they should have voted for. NOW and the feminists would also find themselves in an awkward position if Hilary loses to Obama that they can't complain about a minority winning without betraying their left wing ideals.

So by bad-mouthing Hilary the feminists win either way. If she wins then she's just a puppet of the patriarchy, if she loses it's because the 'sisterhood' saw through her lies and warned the women of the US not to vote for her. Regardless of the outcome NOW and the feminists get to continue playing the victim card and their little racket can go on.
Dr. Kathleen Dixon, the Director of Women's Studies: "We forbid any course that says we restrict free speech!"

K9

I suspect its merely a case of good cop/bad cop. Hitlary's plan is to get into the white house no matter what the cost so she can open the floodgates to the marxists and turn the country inside out again. Her constituents will be rushing in with glee regardless what theyve printed now.

I agree with LD; good cop / bad cop. The femi-nazis are faking it, something they do well. They're using reverse psychology.
Explaining misandry to a feminist is like explaining "wet" to a fish.

CG9603

I disagree, Neonsamurai.  I think that if Hillary wins then we will have voices of the matirarchy giving full volume to the "revenge" themes of feminist thought.  I think we will have even more and more reverse discrimination and "oppression" disguised as "equality," and even more events and social statements alongthe lines of the worst of early 1990's male bashing.  It means that many men, including us, will have to work even harder to expose the hypocracy of "subtle" feminism and reverse sexism. 
"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
-- General Dwight D.  Eisenhower. 

"Be bold and courageous.  When you look back on your life, you'll regret the things you didn't do more than the ones you did."
-- Unknown.

neonsamurai

I disagree, Neonsamurai.  I think that if Hillary wins then we will have voices of the matirarchy giving full volume to the "revenge" themes of feminist thought.  I think we will have even more and more reverse discrimination and "oppression" disguised as "equality," and even more events and social statements alongthe lines of the worst of early 1990's male bashing.  It means that many men, including us, will have to work even harder to expose the hypocracy of "subtle" feminism and reverse sexism. 

Very possibly CG9603, but I think the feminists are hedging ther bets. If Hilary gets in then she will have to show that she is winning the battle against male oppression and ensuring that women are earning more (especially if this is what she gets voted in on the back of). The labor government in the UK do this through lots of statistics (basically loads of red tape) that they throw around to tell us that our streets are safer and children are smarter.

However they are just statistics. That's how they show that they're supposedly a better government than the conservatives, which is all just spin really. Hilary will have to do the same thing. I'll bet if she comes into power we'll soon see that women begin to close the wage gap on men (they'll just use different statistics to the feminists). As far as NOW will be concerned she's undermining them, taking away their ability to point the finger and blame men. But Hilary's government will have to do this to show that they are actually doing what they promised.

I'm not saying it's a what the US needs, just why I think that the fems are up in arms about her. If they complain about her now, saying that she won't help women they can still bitch about her when she's in power and refute her statisics, which'll make sure they still have jobs.
Dr. Kathleen Dixon, the Director of Women's Studies: "We forbid any course that says we restrict free speech!"

Cordell Walker

the few  feminists I'm friendly with lean toward edwards

no2fembots

I hope CLITon gets the job!

I can't wait to see her send off MEN to enforce US foreign policy abroad! The fact of a female sending men to their (possible) deaths may shake loose the scant drops of testosterone left to the average "Everyone Loves Raymond" style pussy-whipped-Home Depot-wussy American "guy".  Is it possible that they'd turn into MEN and say NO! to 'selective service' discrimination!  If we go, YOU GO, SISTER!!!  :angryfire:

I'd LOVE to be a fly on the wall in certain Islamic circles if Mr. Hillary Clinton gets the job!  Seems they're not too fond of women in the first place, hate the Great Satan in the second place... could they perceive such a political victory for women in the US as a sign of the ultimate capitulation of masculinity by the US, and therefore think it is time for the Final Jihad?

Regardless, I truly think a victory for Clinton will hasten the demise of the West, which will bring about the destruction of the FEMINIST!  (Unfortunately, I am of the belief that the West and masculinity is too far gone down the road to ruin that there is nothing left for it but to wipe the slate clean.  Too bad we did not stand our ground when we had a chance!)
"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give."  - Winston Churchill

"Get Angry...Get Loud... GET UP off your KNEES!"

Go Up