Woman wins $8M in lawsuit against father

Started by neoteny, Nov 16, 2007, 03:24 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

who me?

I think it is premature to conclude that men constitute the majority of child abusers until we see a study on mother-infant sexual abuse.

Well I have seen the other stat that 60% of child abuse is caused by women. So maybe women simply act out the sexual aggression in a different way.

Strange, I thought we were discussing sexual abuse in children.

But when the numbers do not work to prove something less than 97% of sexual abuse is perpetrated by men...it's a good thing to change the subject really fast.

Rape is a very big deal.  It doesn't matter if the victim is male or female or if the perpetrator is male or female; it's still a big deal. 

It affects the life of the victim for a lifetme.

There should be no excusing it for a second.  Even if the one doing the excusing is doing so for some political agenda.

Whoa! I did NOT toss other stats in as a red herring. In fact YOU were the one that tossed in the male rape stats. I honestly acknowledged the incest stats, had some questions but then acknowledge the numbers would just cause a progressive growth in perps. Where do you get off accusing me of some agenda? I have in no way denied any stats presented AND EVEN verified your stats with DOJ stats that say about the same thing. 

That is a grossly unfair accusation.

The first link I provided was a .pdf file from the DOJ site.  It was posted in response to typhon's comment.

The second link was posted in response to a question you posed later in the thread.

The comment that you have reacted so strongly to was in response of the comment you made about seeing some stats on child abuse.  Although you did not link the stats.

I don't know if this woman was abused or not.  We do not know what kind of evidence was offered beyond what was stated in the OP which I'm sure is short on details. 

There are some on this forum that seem to think rape only counts if the victim is male and perpetrator is female.  A mindset so far from reality it isn't even worth discussing.  I don't get the impression you are one that would fall into that crowd.

As you said women act out differently from men.  That along with the fact that women typically are ones that spend the greater amount of time with children; it only stands to reason that the stats show that women are more likely to physically abuse than are men.  The same stats show that men are more likely to cause greater physical harm to a child on the other hand.

The subject is as long as it broad.

Either way sexual explotation of children comes with a high price to our society as a whole.  If you do not believe that go back to the second link and do some reading.  The men that put that site together raised some very valid points in that area.

I'm sorry for allowing Gonzo's ankle biting to distract me from a poster that is really trying to discuss a subject.  It doesn't appear that is his intent.  I should not have confused his inability to discuss with your widening of the topic at hand.

dr e

There are some on this forum that seem to think rape only counts if the victim is male and perpetrator is female.  A mindset so far from reality it isn't even worth discussing.  I don't get the impression you are one that would fall into that crowd.

Back that statement up or it will be considered a pesonal attack.  Please show us some evidence for this.  Looks like a lie to me.  Typical for feminists who are trying to shift the ground. 
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

who me?

Back that statement up or it will be considered a pesonal attack.  Please show us some evidence for this.  Looks like a lie to me.  Typical for feminists who are trying to shift the ground. 

You read the same posts I do. 

If this statement is to be considering a personal attack, then it maybe necessary to specify who you feel I was attacking don't you think.  Is there a poster that goes by the name some?

It's also very interesting how you try your best to jump any statement I make and try to twist it into some brand of personal attack all while ignoring Gonzo's very direct and clear personal attacks.

Do the rules for this forum only apply if you disagree with the poster?  Are some excused simply because you know they can not do any better?

Please identify the poster named some...

dr e

This is your last chance.  Yyou have been asked to back up a claim you made that there are those on this board  "that seem to think rape only counts if the victim is male and perpetrator is female."   This is a serious claim and will not be taken lightly.  Prove your claim or apologize. 
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

who me?

This is your last chance.  Yyou have been asked to back up a claim you made that there are those on this board  "that seem to think rape only counts if the victim is male and perpetrator is female."   This is a serious claim and will not be taken lightly.  Prove your claim or apologize. 

Sure thing.

Here's an example of that type of post from this very thread no less.
SEXTRA CREDIT
The big list: Female teachers with students
Most comprehensive account on Internet of women predators on campus

It does go on for much longer than allows to be reprinted.

Do note the "slaps on the wrist" that are so prevalent.  And in so many cases these are excused or the victim blamed by feminists for their political agenda.

We do pay attention.
[/quote]

Backed up with an example of a REAL personal attack:

I did.

Myth: Adult men cannot be sexually assaulted by women.

Reality: Although the majority of perpetrators are male, (97 to 98%), women can, and do, also sexually assault men. If you include emotional blackmail as a way of giving the victim no choice, then the number greatly increases. Also don't think that if a woman rapes you that you have to penetrate her, there are such things as vibrators that she can use on you as well.

If you also count the shame that is heaped on men who report such things, and the absolute refusal by many authorities/statiticians to even accept such reports, the number goes up.

Again, I refer you to a book called "How to Lie With Statistics."

If you rig your studies, or don't have the right questions, or any of a nuymber of axe grinding means of skewing them, ANYTHING may be proved with statistics, and it is my observation that people who limit themselves to "cites" and "studies" and "statistics" are usually close-minded idiots who are incapable of any measure of independent thought.  And any assbag with a modicum of capability of any critical thinking will understand right briskly that when laws in the very vast and very overwhelming majority of locales are written such that "rape" can only be perpetrated by males ... hmmm.  Wonder why so few women are ever charged with "rape?"  Oh yeah - under the law, they CAN'T be.

So much for that little nugget of bullshit.

I believe what I see.  And what I have seen all my life are men - myself included - who were Mrs. Robinsoned by some pedophile female, and mind fucked in the process, and somehow convinced that they should feel "lucky" - even though every one of them, years later, is still uncomfortable with it.

Feminists such as yourself are very much in love with your rigged statistics because they allow you to deal in statistical morality, to say "Well, that is horrible for the men, BUT..."  No.  No "But."   Like an apology, any denunciation with a "but" in it is not a denunciation.

This allows mendacious people like yourself to give the appearance of giving a fuck, without actually having to do so.

What has happened here is that you have seen an obvious miscarriage of justice with some contrived story, and some recovered memories or some such shit, nothing in the real way of evidence - and you're trying to do the ol' "Pay no attention to the Femicunt behind the curtain" gambit, and shift shit back to how "howwible" it is for women.

You've cherry picked "A" site - which only tells a half truth (Read: Lie).

I'm supposed to be impressed why?

So if I need to lodge a complaint in order for you to examine his posts; consider the complaint lodged.

I'm still looking for the poster named some though.  Also, you did notice the word seem in that statement didn't you?  It is the impression I've gotten from SOME of the posters on this forum.

Do whatever it is you feel you need to do.  If the level of tolerance is high for those who's posts you agree with and low for those you are in personal disagreement with; I'll understand.

It really isn't a problem.

poiuyt

Rape is a very big deal. It doesn't matter if the victim is male or female or if the perpetrator is male or female; it's still a big deal.

There should be no excusing it for a second.

As you said women act out differently from men. That along with the fact that women typically are ones that spend the greater amount of time with children; it only stands to reason that the stats show that women are more likely to physically abuse than are men.

... sounds like an excuse for politically favoured perps.

who me?

Rape is a very big deal. It doesn't matter if the victim is male or female or if the perpetrator is male or female; it's still a big deal.

There should be no excusing it for a second.

As you said women act out differently from men. That along with the fact that women typically are ones that spend the greater amount of time with children; it only stands to reason that the stats show that women are more likely to physically abuse than are men.

... sounds like an excuse for politically favoured perps.

No, it was merely pointing out the obvious.

As has been pointed out multitudes of times on this forum; women tend to get sole custody of the children.  They are typically the primary caregivers of the children.  Therefore they spend more time alone with the children.

Women and men act out differently.

I do not excuse a woman that beats her children no more than I excuse a man that rapes a child.

If you read something more than that into my posts it had nothing to do with the post itself.  It had much more to do with your need to expand on the statement.

Your expansion is incorrect.

dr e

Nov 19, 2007, 07:03 AM Last Edit: Nov 19, 2007, 07:09 AM by dr e
That was no proof of your false accusation.  Because people here are concerned about the rape of men is no indication that they lack concern for women who are raped.  This is the tired old feminist knee jerk shaming crap that won't play here.  If you try to accuse all or some of the members of this board of some quality or way of thinking you had best be ready to back it up.  Otherswise you will recieve a warning.  You now have one warning.  You get a total of three. 

The humorous part of this is that you are likely just projecting.  I mean really, don't you think the feminists are completely and utterly landlocked into female-centric ways of thinking that ignore the pain of men?  Your attack is best made looking into a mirror.   The concern of the folks here is that our culture is concerned and shows compassion for only women who are raped and very, very little concern and compassion for the men.  If you can't see that then bless your heart. 

You now have my attention.  I would urge you to tread carefully.

Sure thing.

Here's an example of that type of post from this very thread no less.
SEXTRA CREDIT
The big list: Female teachers with students
Most comprehensive account on Internet of women predators on campus

It does go on for much longer than allows to be reprinted.

Do note the "slaps on the wrist" that are so prevalent.  And in so many cases these are excused or the victim blamed by feminists for their political agenda.

We do pay attention.

Backed up with an example of a REAL personal attack:

I did.

Myth: Adult men cannot be sexually assaulted by women.

Reality: Although the majority of perpetrators are male, (97 to 98%), women can, and do, also sexually assault men. If you include emotional blackmail as a way of giving the victim no choice, then the number greatly increases. Also don't think that if a woman rapes you that you have to penetrate her, there are such things as vibrators that she can use on you as well.

If you also count the shame that is heaped on men who report such things, and the absolute refusal by many authorities/statiticians to even accept such reports, the number goes up.

Again, I refer you to a book called "How to Lie With Statistics."

If you rig your studies, or don't have the right questions, or any of a nuymber of axe grinding means of skewing them, ANYTHING may be proved with statistics, and it is my observation that people who limit themselves to "cites" and "studies" and "statistics" are usually close-minded idiots who are incapable of any measure of independent thought.  And any assbag with a modicum of capability of any critical thinking will understand right briskly that when laws in the very vast and very overwhelming majority of locales are written such that "rape" can only be perpetrated by males ... hmmm.  Wonder why so few women are ever charged with "rape?"  Oh yeah - under the law, they CAN'T be.

So much for that little nugget of bullshit.

I believe what I see.  And what I have seen all my life are men - myself included - who were Mrs. Robinsoned by some pedophile female, and mind fucked in the process, and somehow convinced that they should feel "lucky" - even though every one of them, years later, is still uncomfortable with it.

Feminists such as yourself are very much in love with your rigged statistics because they allow you to deal in statistical morality, to say "Well, that is horrible for the men, BUT..."  No.  No "But."   Like an apology, any denunciation with a "but" in it is not a denunciation.

This allows mendacious people like yourself to give the appearance of giving a fuck, without actually having to do so.

What has happened here is that you have seen an obvious miscarriage of justice with some contrived story, and some recovered memories or some such shit, nothing in the real way of evidence - and you're trying to do the ol' "Pay no attention to the Femicunt behind the curtain" gambit, and shift shit back to how "howwible" it is for women.

You've cherry picked "A" site - which only tells a half truth (Read: Lie).

So if I need to lodge a complaint in order for you to examine his posts; consider the complaint lodged.

I'm still looking for the poster named some though.  Also, you did notice the word seem in that statement didn't you?  It is the impression I've gotten from SOME of the posters on this forum.

Do whatever it is you feel you need to do.  If the level of tolerance is high for those who's posts you agree with and low for those you are in personal disagreement with; I'll understand.

It really isn't a problem.
[/quote]

dr e

Who me - If you think the post you copied is a personal attack you better be more specific.  Where was the attack?  I sure didn't see it. 

who me?

That was no proof of your false accusation.  Because people here are concerned about the rape of men is no indication that they lack concern for women who are raped.  This is the tired old feminist knee jerk shaming crap that won't play here.  If you try to accuse all or some of the members of this board of some quality or way of thinking you had best be ready to back it up.  Otherswise you will recieve a warning.  You now have one warning.  You get a total of three. 

The humorous part of this is that you are likely just projecting.  I mean really, don't you think the feminists are completely and utterly landlocked into female-centric ways of thinking that ignore the pain of men?  Your attack is best made looking into a mirror.   The concern of the folks here is that our culture is concerned and shows compassion for only women who are raped and very, very little concern and compassion for the men.  If you can't see that then bless your heart. 

You now have my attention.  I would urge you to tread carefully.

Yes I'm sure I'm the only one projecting here.

I wasn't ignoring the pain of men as you say.  In fact, the site that sent dear Gonzo over the edge is a site created, maintained, and updated by men that have survived the crime of rape against them.  Easy to overlook I'm sure.

Now back to the complaint I formally lodged.

Any feedback in that direction?

who me?

Who me - If you think the post you copied is a personal attack you better be more specific.  Where was the attack?  I sure didn't see it. 

I can understand why you may think the liberal use of the "f" word directed at a fellow poster is not a personal attack.

The name calling...nope not a problem as long as it comes from the "right" side of the fence.

No problem.  I understand that I'm under a completely different set of rules.  I guess it's a good thing I'm able to express my thoughts without the use of profanities.

dr e

Instead of whining about your victimization why not point out exactly what you consider a personal attack?  You continue to play out the role of a feminist very nicely.

who me?

Instead of whining about your victimization why not point out exactly what you consider a personal attack?  You continue to play out the role of a feminist very nicely.

I'm not claiming to be a victim.  I was merely pointing out that a general statement posted by me is considered a personal attack while the post I quoted filled with obscenities and name calling by another poster directed at a specific poster is being ignored.  It's a very obvious double standard but if that is how this forum is run; so be it.

How can you view a very general statement as a directed post and not see a directed post for what it is?

Either way, no problem.  If you feel certain posters require a lower standard due to problems they have expressing themselves on a civil level; I can deal with that.

I really have no problem with a higher standard being set for me.  I'm not one to utilize obscenities or name calling; I leave that to those who can do no better.

dr e

Look, if you want to wallow in your feeling that you are being mistreated here then so be it.  I have asked you to be specific about the percieved attack and you are failing to do so.  Specify the attack.  Tell me where you have been called  names and we will go from there.  It seems at this point that you are more interested in grandstanding a phony arrow through your heart than you are in getting to the bottom of this.

And so it goes.  You really can play the role.

who me?

Look, if you want to wallow in your feeling that you are being mistreated here then so be it.  I have asked you to be specific about the percieved attack and you are failing to do so.  Specify the attack.  Tell me where you have been called  names and we will go from there.  It seems at this point that you are more interested in grandstanding a phony arrow through your heart than you are in getting to the bottom of this.

And so it goes.  You really can play the role.

Sure I'll shorten his post so you won't have so much to read.

I did.
*snip*

What has happened here is that you have seen an obvious miscarriage of justice with some contrived story, and some recovered memories or some such shit, nothing in the real way of evidence - and you're trying to do the ol' "Pay no attention to the Femicunt behind the curtain" gambit, and shift shit back to how "howwible" it is for women.You've cherry picked "A" site - which only tells a half truth (Read: Lie).

I even changed the color on the most offensive segments of the post so they will be even easier to spot.  This one is directed right at me.  It isn't a general statement; it is very specific.

You warn me over a very general statement.  You did notice the words seems and some in that one didn't you?  It's a  big stretch to take that statement as a personal attack.

But here we have a statement that fits all the qualifications of a personal attack aimed at a very specific poster and it's all but ignored.

Nope, I'm not wallowing in anything.  I'm just bringing this very obvious double standard front and center.

By the way...I've never identified myself as a feminist.  That is a tag some of you decided to give me because I do not agree with every word posted on this forum and of course I happen to be female.

Sin of all sins huh?  I've been found guilty of posting while being female.  How silly is that?

Go Up