Oh yeah. This aint entrapment... no...

Started by Mr. X, Dec 29, 2007, 10:14 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Mr. X

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=4022717&page=1

Robin Garrison, an off-duty 42-year-old firefighter, was walking in Berliner Park in Columbus, Ohio, in May when he saw a woman sunbathing topless under a tree.

He approached her and they started talking and getting comfortable, the woman smiling and resting her foot on his shoulder at one point.

Seconds later, undercover police officers pulled up in a van and arrested Garrison; he was later charged with public indecency, a misdemeanor, based on video footage taken by cops who were targeting men having sex or masturbating in the park. While topless sunbathing is legal in the city's parks, exposing more than that is against the law.

Feminists - "Verbally beating men like dumb animals or ignoring them is all we know and its not working."

outdoors

WTF? might as well have arrested him for just looking! why do the words Ho,Ho,Ho come to mind?

dr e

Note to men in Columbus Ohio. -- Don't forget to take your cameras to the park with you.  Make sure to post those pics on the net. 
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

Mr. X

Note to men in Columbus Ohio. -- Don't forget to take your cameras to the park with you.  Make sure to post those pics on the net. 

Any woman who can lay out in a park topless ain't going to care her pics are on the internet. In fact they probably already are.

I still would love to know how this actually stops crime vs simply rounding up a jailing everyone who approaches a topless woman.
Feminists - "Verbally beating men like dumb animals or ignoring them is all we know and its not working."

scarbo

I can't help but wonder how many of us would approach a woman who was sunbathing topless, but not approach the same woman if she was sunbathing with her top on.

Whereas I totally agree that this was entrapment in the worst way, I question Robin's judgment anyway. "Hey, a topless woman! I think I'll go talk to her and see if I can get anywhere!"

How many of you do that, or would think of doing that? Why not simply let a woman sunbathe in peace, topless or not?

Game Boy

video footage taken by cops who were targeting men having sex or masturbating in the park

Are they also going to arrest the women whom the men are having sex with?

I think not...

ClarkCable

This also says it all about ABCNews, which had the nerve to describe the victims of this as "perverts."

Quentin0352

Not like this is important either!

Eventually, she asked to see Garrison's penis; he unzipped his pants and complied.

If she had asked him to have sex with her and she was drunk it would be rape but then again society only holds men accountable for this kind of stuff.

Mr. Bad

This is a shameless revenue-generating scam aimed at making men pay fines to support the system.
"Men in teams... got the human species from caves to palaces. When we watch men's teams at work, we pay homage to 10,000 years of male achievements; a record of vision, ingenuity and Herculean labor that feminism has been too mean-spirited to acknowledge."  Camille Paglia

ClarkCable

It's sickening that a good man who truly does protect society-- a firefighter-- has been ruined by these parasites who serve no purpose. If I had a magic wand I'd wave it and make ABCNews and these police disappear!

Quentin0352

It's sickening that a good man who truly does protect society-- a firefighter-- has been ruined by these parasites who serve no purpose. If I had a magic wand I'd wave it and make ABCNews and these police disappear!

I agree though ABC is actually doing good by reporting it to show how the police are setting these poor guys up. It really doesn't take the side of the police in the article.

I did just watch the video though and you can see that no one else is around and if he did pull it out there is no way anyone but her could see it. He didn't stand up or anything and her legs were outside of his in a way that blocked anyone seeing it.

Alien Love Child

I can't help but wonder how many of us would approach a woman who was sunbathing topless, but not approach the same woman if she was sunbathing with her top on.

I wouldn't, for a multitude of reasons. One being that I have class.

realman

I have no problem with this, provided they are performing similar sting operations such as leaving diamond jewelry or stylish women's shoes lying around in the park and then arresting any women who stop to pick them up ... as a means of preventing shoplifting and robberies at jewelry and shoe stores, of course... :rolle:

ClarkCable

I've read that in NYC, police are leaving wallets around so that they can arrest whoever picks it up.

Go Up