Get well soon Skipgrrrl

Started by Tigerman, Mar 10, 2008, 07:44 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Tigerman

Okay it's just past 2.30am in the morning and I can't sleep. I just heard that the woman you all know here as 'skipgrrrl' was rushed into hospital a couple of hours ago. I keep in regular contact with skipgrrl mainly via skype and she told me earlier that she had a really bad migraine (she has been getting migraines on occasion) and would contact me later when she felt better. Later I checked my skype messages and learned that the migraine had worsened to the 'worst in my life' and that she had been rushed into hospital. Skipgrrrl is a wonderful woman when you get to know her (as I do) she is big hearted and has been genuinely affected by the way many men have been treated over custody and divorce issues etc. She had been witness to her own fathers harsh treatment so her empathy for other men is grounded in real experience. I don't normally 'pray' and do stuff like that but tonight (or this early morning I should say!) I am making an exception.  :sad5:

Cordell Walker

get well soon skip
send her my best wishes
"how can you kill women and children?"---private joker
"Easy, ya just dont lead em as much" ---Animal Mother

Tigerman

get well soon skip
send her my best wishes

Will do Rusty - and thanks I'm sure she will appreciate that. :)

dr e

Get well Skipgrrrl!  Thinking of you.
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

Tigerman

Thanks Dr E - I am relaying the goodwill messages of support to her via skype text.  :sunny:

gwallan

Thanks Dr E - I am relaying the goodwill messages of support to her via skype text.  :sunny:

Feel free to PM me squire. I assume Skipgrrrl is still in Aus. I'd be happy to make some phone calls if you can point me in the right direction.
In 95% of things 100% of people are alike. It's the other 5%, the bits that are different, that make us interesting. It's also the key to our existence, and future, as a species.

Tigerman

Feel free to PM me squire. I assume Skipgrrrl is still in Aus. I'd be happy to make some phone calls if you can point me in the right direction.

Thanks Gwallan - PM just sent. :)

Tigerman

Okay good news - skipgrrl returned home from hospital just before I left for work a couple of hours ago. She is very woozy due to treatments and drugs they gave her but was quite touched at the concern expressed for her here despite her being somewhat of a 'nooby' in this forum. Thanks again all for your good wishes.  :toothy9:

gwallan

Okay good news - skipgrrl returned home from hospital just before I left for work a couple of hours ago. She is very woozy due to treatments and drugs they gave her but was quite touched at the concern expressed for her here despite her being somewhat of a 'nooby' in this forum. Thanks again all for your good wishes.  :toothy9:

Excellent. Saves me the cost of STD calls too. :occasion18:

Please therefore ignore all other correspondence on the matter.
In 95% of things 100% of people are alike. It's the other 5%, the bits that are different, that make us interesting. It's also the key to our existence, and future, as a species.

Tigerman

Hey Gwallan - thanks man - I didn't spot your pm's until just now (I'm at work now during my lunch break!). It's nice to know that there is someone not too far away should skipgrrl ever get into an emergency etc. When I spoke to her this morning (am my time pm her time!) I advised her to go straight back to bed because she sounded very woozy from the medications they had given her. I will be speaking to her later tonight after I get home from work etc. She will no doubt want to thank you herself for your kind concerns.  :sunny:

gwallan

Hey Gwallan - thanks man - I didn't spot your pm's until just now (I'm at work now during my lunch break!). It's nice to know that there is someone not too far away should skipgrrl ever get into an emergency etc. When I spoke to her this morning (am my time pm her time!) I advised her to go straight back to bed because she sounded very woozy from the medications they had given her. I will be speaking to her later tonight after I get home from work etc. She will no doubt want to thank you herself for your kind concerns.  :sunny:

That's cool. I was just as concerned for yourself given that you are isolated from the immediate vicinity and couldn't find out what was going on.

Mr. Bad

Hey skipgrrrl, hang in there.  From personal experience I know migraines are no fun.  I hope you feel better soon.
"Men in teams... got the human species from caves to palaces. When we watch men's teams at work, we pay homage to 10,000 years of male achievements; a record of vision, ingenuity and Herculean labor that feminism has been too mean-spirited to acknowledge."  Camille Paglia

cootewards

Fingers crossed she's back on her feet real soon.

The Biscuit Queen

Glad you are home, and I hope your migraines start to subside. You are in my prayers.
he Biscuit Queen
www.thebiscuitqueen.blogspot.com

There are always two extremes....the truth lies in the middle.

typhonblue

My husband gets migranes.

I know how scary they can be.

If it's of interest, he used to take migrafew to try and keep them under control. He says it helped.

I'm glad she's feeling better.

Go Up