Jackson Katz-anti-sexist male activist

Started by outdoors, Mar 15, 2008, 07:15 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

outdoors

Can someone tell me HOW J.K. is anti-sexist?--he sure seems sexist to me

outdoors

I just invited him to come and talk to us and debate whether or not his books,vids or speaches help anyone or not. can't wait for an answer

signed it;
                "an abused man"

outdoors

guess i wasn't nice enough when i asked him here

"How did you think I would respond to an "invitation" that called/smeared me with a condescending and distorted characterization ("fembot ideologies"), questioned the basis of my life's work, and sloppily and inaccurately described my position? ("only women are victims" and " only men are abusers")
Please.  Over the many years that I have been working (uphill) with many others to change social structures that contribute to men's violence against women, children, and other men, I have never hesitated to discuss and debate my ideas with anyone who wishes to do that respectfully. In fact,in my many speeches and trainings, I always welcome disagreement, challenges and questions from men and women.  I always stand my ground."

I returned my invitation and apologised(kinda) and told him that his lifes work was mute if he didn't realize and accept the other side of d.v..
doesn't seem to be standing his ground to me-i also told him he wouldn't last 15 seconds here.
Hey J.K. if your reading this-feel free to jump right in!

outdoors

i gave him the link so he won't get lost-

MEN'S violence against women, children, and other men, I have never hesitated to discuss and debate my ideas with anyone who wishes to do that respectfully.

only men huh?

Mr. X

Ha! He tipped his hand. I've dealt with that type before. They get insulted at anything and everything as an excuse not to participate. He will take anything as an insult then walk away. Unless things are all done his way he will refuse to debate. Its kind of a blackmail/hostage trick. "Do things my way or you'll hurt my feelings and I'll leave". My experience is you're usually dealing with a fake person at this point. Feminists pull this tactic all the time and is why you rarely see them get into debates. I've seen them on talk shows stomp off stage or refuse to debate in phone interviews unless everything is their way, which usually means no disagreements. One radio program had some feminists on who refused any phone conversations with callers who disagreed with her claiming they were all hostile and abrasive (which they weren't).

This is also a manipulation trick. Dance for me or you won't engage me in a debate. Its a way to feel in control. I doubt you will get this guy in a debate. He will be insulted by everything and walk off.
Feminists - "Verbally beating men like dumb animals or ignoring them is all we know and its not working."

Galt

Mar 17, 2008, 05:56 PM Last Edit: Mar 17, 2008, 06:02 PM by Galt

Ha! He tipped his hand. I've dealt with that type before. They get insulted at anything and everything as an excuse not to participate. He will take anything as an insult then walk away. Unless things are all done his way he will refuse to debate. Its kind of a blackmail/hostage trick. "Do things my way or you'll hurt my feelings and I'll leave". My experience is you're usually dealing with a fake person at this point. Feminists pull this tactic all the time and is why you rarely see them get into debates. I've seen them on talk shows stomp off stage or refuse to debate in phone interviews unless everything is their way, which usually means no disagreements. One radio program had some feminists on who refused any phone conversations with callers who disagreed with her claiming they were all hostile and abrasive (which they weren't).

This is also a manipulation trick. Dance for me or you won't engage me in a debate. Its a way to feel in control. I doubt you will get this guy in a debate. He will be insulted by everything and walk off.

That sounds about right.

I've never analyzed things that closely, but I don't think I'd waste my time talking to this guy.

dr e

Perhaps Mr Katz would be interested in debating only one representative of this board in the ring?  That way no other posters could intrude on the process either pro or con.  note to JK -  It would be a great way to get your message out to lots of people who might not ordinarily be willing to listen.  And then again it might be a way for you to learn something.  If you are interested email me at [email protected] and we can set things up.
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

The Gonzman

LOL.

Yeah, like we'll ever see him.

Gutless, like all the rest.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am the MEANEST son-of-a-bitch in the valley.

foldedintobeauty

that's not how you INVITE someone to participate in an educated discourse DER. you don't insult them to get them to come.
when would jesus floss?

Men's Rights Activist

"educated discourse"  :laughing4:  All educations are not equal.  I miss some of the old emoticons.
Life, Liberty, & Pursuit of Happiness are fundamental rights for all (including males), & not contingent on gender feminist approval or denial. Consider my "Independence" from all tyrannical gender feminist ideology "Declared" - Here & Now!

outdoors

that's not how you INVITE someone to participate in an educated discourse DER. you don't insult them to get them to come.

fuck-off!
i didn't insult him-i called him on his ideological bull-shit-that only men commit abuse,it was a challenge not an insult- why are u still here?

o.k. dr.e give me a warning but i will not apologize to this person

typhonblue

Perhaps Mr Katz would be interested in debating only one representative of this board in the ring?  That way no other posters could intrude on the process either pro or con.  note to JK -  It would be a great way to get your message out to lots of people who might not ordinarily be willing to listen.  And then again it might be a way for you to learn something.  If you are interested email me at [email protected] and we can set things up.

Dr. Evil, I don't mind debating Mr. Katz, if you'd like.

I'm sure he can't possibly find little ol' me threatening. :) I'm just a girl after all.

Cordell Walker

I say typhon  KO's katz,  early tyson style
"how can you kill women and children?"---private joker
"Easy, ya just dont lead em as much" ---Animal Mother

outdoors

I say typhon  KO's katz,  early tyson style

we will call it a "win" by default!

Galt

"educated discourse"  :laughing4:  All educations are not equal.

Right. That always bothers me when feminists tell others to "get educated". A sophomore girl in women's studies tells a physician / attorney / doctorate in hard sciences or engineering to get educated.

Some "educations" aren't an education at all. Women's studies involves such sloppiness that it can't even be called sloppy scholarship. It's a bunch of girls at a quilting bee who are bitching about anything and everything. The only possible difference is that they have the slightest veneer of academics slapped over their activities. Like taking two minutes to put lipstick on a pig.

Go Up