Jackson Katz-anti-sexist male activist

Started by outdoors, Mar 15, 2008, 07:15 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Mr. X

He made a very good point that the majority of violence is by men, no women. Even when men are the victims the perps are usually men. By addressing men and their violence, he feels he is responding to violence against men. I am not sure how to respond to this.

I wonder if he's willing to admit a portion of that male on male violence is women manipulating men into committing violence for them. Like the highschool cheerleader who is sweetness and light, its easy to claim angel status when your own hands aren't dirty and you bully boyfriend is beating up everyone you happen not to like.

I also wonder if he'd be willing to make the same arguement about blacks. Most, if not a significant portion of violence committing against blacks is by other blacks. In fact its been shown the majority of violence by race is committed by someone of the same race. So should white violence on blacks be ignored because blacks commit more violence to themselves?
Feminists - "Verbally beating men like dumb animals or ignoring them is all we know and its not working."

typhonblue

I also wonder if he'd be willing to make the same arguement about blacks. Most, if not a significant portion of violence committing against blacks is by other blacks. In fact its been shown the majority of violence by race is committed by someone of the same race. So should white violence on blacks be ignored because blacks commit more violence to themselves?

Another item of note.

There is more black-on-white violence then white-on-black. Does it follow that we should ignore white-on-black violence or perhaps consider that there are forms of white-on-black violence that are systemitized and thus invisible?

TheManOnTheStreet

True 'dat TB......

is "systemitized" even a word...... come now.... My tongue fell out just attempting to say it!

:-)

TMOTS
The Man On The Street is on the street for a reason.......

bluegrass

My question is always: Why not just be against violence against PEOPLE.

That approach may actually help things in society. I think a lot of domestic violence is more of a mutual dance rather than a solo performance.

I so fully agree with this.

it has always struck me as hopelessly ironic that limiting one's concern to a certain group of people while ignoring others afflicted by the same circumstance is now somehow characterized as MORE compassionate that considering everyone.
"To such females, womanhood is more sacrosanct by a thousand times than the Virgin Mary to popes--and motherhood, that degree raised to astronomic power. They have eaten the legend about themselves and believe it; they live it; they require fealty of us all." -- Philip Wylie, Generation of Vipers

The Gonzman

Now why the hell is TB allowed to use a picture of her bald pussy for an avatar?

I swear, this place is going straight to Hell.....
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am the MEANEST son-of-a-bitch in the valley.

dr e

Now why the hell is TB allowed to use a picture of her bald pussy for an avatar?

I swear, this place is going straight to Hell.....

Muroidea?

:greener:
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

The Biscuit Queen

That was supposed to be "not women" as opposed to "no women"-it was a typo. Sorry.
he Biscuit Queen
www.thebiscuitqueen.blogspot.com

There are always two extremes....the truth lies in the middle.

outdoors

geez...i didn't realize i had to get on my knees -to get this sexist bitch to give me the runaround-seems when u even r nice bq u r gettin the runaround and deflective answers-so why shud i even give a poop if i offend him! He will never come here regardless !

typhonblue

True 'dat TB......

is "systemitized" even a word...... come now.... My tongue fell out just attempting to say it!

:-)

TMOTS

If I made it up, I'm copyrighting it. :D

Systemitized== bigotry that is systemic, organized and legal thus invisible.

TheManOnTheStreet

Touche' TB.

TMOTS
The Man On The Street is on the street for a reason.......

Go Up