Started by neoteny, Mar 21, 2008, 08:29 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

neoteny

Link to article

Gay ex-gov wins round in divorce court
By ANGELA DELLI SANTI, Associated Press Writer
Fri Mar 21, 1:53 AM ET

ELIZABETH, N.J. - Former Gov. Jim McGreevey didn't plan to torment his wife while they were married, a judge in their divorce case ruled Thursday, while allowing her to continue with a claim of marriage fraud.

The judge dismissed Dina Matos McGreevey's claim of emotional distress against her estranged gay husband.

"Mr. McGreevey was not out to destroy her emotionally," Superior Court Judge Karen Cassidy said.

Cassidy said she would permit the fraud claim to continue for now, but warned, "That does not guarantee the defendant will be successful in trying her claim."

Matos McGreevey claims she was duped into marrying a gay man who sought the cover of a wife to hide his homosexuality and further his political ambitions. He claims he provided companionship and a child, thus fulfilling his part of the marriage contract.

The pretrial hearing came less than a week after McGreevey, 50, said claims that he and his wife engaged in threesomes with a male aide were true; Matos McGreevey, 41, denied they happened.

Arriving with her attorney Thursday, Matos McGreevey said only "no comment" as she entered the courthouse. McGreevey also attended the hearing and said nothing on his way into or out of the courthouse.

His lawyer, Stephen Haller, said the judge's rulings encouraged his legal team. "Read between the lines," he said of the judge's words of caution in allowing the fraud claim to proceed.

Cassidy told the former first couple that their divorce trial, scheduled to start May 6, would get ugly.

"We all know what happened this week," she said. "What evidence will likely be heard in this case, this week was just the tip of the iceberg."

In interviews with The Star-Ledger of Newark and the New York Post, former McGreevey driver Teddy Pedersen said he had consensual sex with the couple for about two years before McGreevey became governor. He said he had contact only with Dina Matos McGreevey during the trysts and wasn't sure whether McGreevey was gay.

Pedersen, 29, said he came forward to support McGreevey's contention that his wife had to have known he was gay when they married. She says she had no clue.

Cassidy also agreed during Thursday's three-hour court proceeding to allow testimony from a financial expert hired by Matos McGreevey. McGreevey sought to bar CPA Kalman Barson's report, which claims she is entitled to much more money than what the ex-governor says he can afford to pay.

She is seeking $600,000 in compensation for the time she would have spent at the governor's mansion had he not resigned.

That estimate includes keeping with the "Drumthwacket lifestyle," which included use of state police helicopters, a personal assistant, household staff and use of the state's beach house. Drumthwacket is the governor's mansion.

Before McGreevey became governor, he made $52,000 a year as mayor of Woodbridge, and the couple lived in a condominium.

McGreevey left office in 2004 after acknowledging an affair with a male staffer who he said was trying to blackmail him. The ex-staffer denies being gay or having an affair, and said he was sexually harassed by the Democratic governor.

Cassidy also heard arguments on the custody of their 6-year-old daughter, but barred the media from that portion of the hearing. The judge this week sealed court records relating to the girl.

----

So this is why feminists fought against the wedding vow: "To have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness or in health, to love and to cherish 'till death do us part."

No, none of the "for worse" part; she faults her (soon to be ex-)husband for not being able to continue "in style". Fuckin' special...  :rolle:
The spreading of information about the [quantum] system through the [classical] environment is ultimately responsible for the emergence of "objective reality." 

Wojciech Hubert Zurek: Decoherence, einselection, and the quantum origins of the classical

MAUS

Wait a minute...if there is anything that has ALWAYS been fashionably feminist it has been being a fag hag.

foldedintobeauty

homophobes in here, i see.

she has every right to sue that man
when would jesus floss?

bluegrass

Actually no.  Many of us see gay men as the canary in the coal mine who get it worse also basically because they're men and see them as a valuable part of our movement.

When was the last time you heard of a lesbian getting beaten to death for being gay?

Also, every right based in what?

She's already interfering with his visitation.
"To such females, womanhood is more sacrosanct by a thousand times than the Virgin Mary to popes--and motherhood, that degree raised to astronomic power. They have eaten the legend about themselves and believe it; they live it; they require fealty of us all." -- Philip Wylie, Generation of Vipers

foldedintobeauty

Actually no. 

[font=Verdana] fag hag.[/font]
[/b]
Many of us see gay men as the canary in the coal mine who get it worse also basically because they're men and see them as a valuable part of our movement. Oh, sure. Just use them for your cause.

When was the last time you heard of a lesbian getting beaten to death for being gay?http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandon_Teena[font=Verdana]zing![/font]

Also, every right based in what? based on the fucking vow he took on the altar. he betrayed her and lied to her.

She's already interfering with his visitation.good because he is so worthy to see the children he didn't even want to make.
when would jesus floss?

Cordell Walker

if his wife is anything like you FIB, I can understand why he bacame a pillow biter
"how can you kill women and children?"---private joker
"Easy, ya just dont lead em as much" ---Animal Mother

typhonblue

Wait a minute...if there is anything that has ALWAYS been fashionably feminist it has been being a fag hag.

Using a gay man as a mincing court jester and asexual 'funny friend', yes.

Married to one? The gloves come off.

typhonblue

When was the last time you heard of a lesbian getting beaten to death for being gay?

Brandon Teena was beaten to death for being a FtM transexual.

based on the fucking vow he took on the altar. he betrayed her and lied to her.

And that has what to do with his relationship to his children?

MAUS

How do you know I'm not gay?.....propaganda enters ear....brain atrophies...knee jerks...

bluegrass

Brandon Teena was beaten to death for being a FtM transexual.

based on the fucking vow he took on the altar. he betrayed her and lied to her.

And that has what to do with his relationship to his children?

I think you're mistaken.  Theoretically, they aren't his children -- they're hers to do with as she sees fit.
"To such females, womanhood is more sacrosanct by a thousand times than the Virgin Mary to popes--and motherhood, that degree raised to astronomic power. They have eaten the legend about themselves and believe it; they live it; they require fealty of us all." -- Philip Wylie, Generation of Vipers

foldedintobeauty

How do you know I'm not gay?.....propaganda enters ear....brain atrophies...knee jerks...

i'm gay! great excuse
when would jesus floss?

typhonblue

So this is what I'm hearing.

They had consensual threesomes with another man in which she was the 'hinge'(all sexual activity was directed towards her).

Something tells me she knew he liked men (doesn't mean he doesn't like women too) and that they both got into some kinky fun. But once it came out she dropped him like a hot potato and played the violated wife 'cause the gravy train was over.

typhonblue

i'm gay! great excuse

For not being a homophobe?

Well... I really think that's being a bit disingenous there...

I mean, he could be gay and a homophobe, but at that point I think he's the one who suffers most so it sort of renders the whole issue mute.

foldedintobeauty

i'm gay! great excuse

For not being a homophobe?

Well... I really think that's being a bit disingenous there...

I mean, he could be gay and a homophobe, but at that point I think he's the one who suffers most so it sort of renders the whole issue mute.

no. he used a homophobic slur and i called him out on it, then he tries to cover his ass by implying he MIGHT be gay. fucking lame.
when would jesus floss?

MAUS

i'm gay! great excuse

The most misogynistic things I have ever heard uttered have come from the mouths of gay men. Gay men play fag hags just like pimps do. I did a documentary on transgenderism back in the 1970's. There are still lots of gaybars in Montreal where I would be welcome past the door....and YOU would not. Go make me a sandwich bitch.

Go Up