O/T Wish me luck

Started by bluegrass, Apr 25, 2008, 12:16 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

bluegrass

Well, just a few weeks shy of my 43rd birthday, I've decided to chuck my career in biotech and pharmaceuticals and start over.

This time I'm going to work in a developing nanotechnology industry here where I live.  I just gave notice at my job today.

You'd be surprised at how young it makes you feel to start out at the bottom of the ladder again.
"To such females, womanhood is more sacrosanct by a thousand times than the Virgin Mary to popes--and motherhood, that degree raised to astronomic power. They have eaten the legend about themselves and believe it; they live it; they require fealty of us all." -- Philip Wylie, Generation of Vipers

The Biscuit Queen

Congratulations! 
he Biscuit Queen
www.thebiscuitqueen.blogspot.com

There are always two extremes....the truth lies in the middle.

Galt

Good luck, Bluegrass.

It's difficult to make a big change as you get older (I mean no longer in your 20s), but usually it works out well - you are able to assess what you are getting into better.

CaptDMO

Keep an eye on "instapundit" BG.
He NEVER shuts up about news concerned with  crossover between evolving nanotech based pharma delivery  and mechanical nano-biotech "armatures".

Unless, of course, you never want to see the acronyms FDA or CDC for the rest of
your natural life

outdoors

good luck!

dr e

Great stuff Bluegrass!  Go for it.
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

Sir Jessy of Anti

Awesome man, best wishes; it takes a lot of courage to start out on your own.  Hope it doesn't cause your marriage very much strife.
"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master." -- Ayn Rand<br /><br />

Go Up