Started by poiuyt, Jun 16, 2008, 03:43 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

poiuyt

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0608/11096.html
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5isOFwdbq0tsqatW6vJpkDRTI1gMgD91AMTT00
http://www.suntimes.com/news/politics/obama/1007021,obamaweb061608.article

Obama tells fathers to meet their responsibilities
"Any fool can have a child -- that doesn't make you a father," Obama said to cheers of agreement. "Too many fathers are missing from too many lives and too many homes. They have abandoned their responsibilities. They are acting like boys instead of men. And the foundations of our families have suffered because of it.

"You and I know this is true everywhere but nowhere is it more true than in the African-American community. We know that more than half of all black children live in single-parent households. Half. There's a reason why our families are in disrepair and some of it has to do with a tragic history, but we can't keep on using that as an excuse."

Obama knows the problem of fatherlessness first-hand. His father left when he was two years old, leaving him to be raised largely by his white grandparents in Honolulu.

"I know the toll it took on me not having a father in the house -- the hole in your heart when you don't have a male figure in the home that can guide you and lead you and set a good example for you," Obama said. "So I resolved many years ago that it was my obligation to break the cycle -- if I could do anything in life, I would be a good father to my children."

Obama gave the same advice to this congregation that he has to largely African-American audiences he has spoken to around the country from Texas to Indiana: turn off the television set.

"It's a wonderful thing if you are married and living in a home with your children, but don't just sit in the house watching 'SportsCenter' all weekend long," Obama said. "As fathers and parents, we've got to spend more time with them, and help them with their homework, and turn of the TV set once in a while. Turn off the video game and the remote control and read a book to your child."

Obama chose this 20,000-member mega church in Woodlawn because its legendary pastor, Bishop Arthur M. Brazier, who retired two weeks ago after 48 years at the helm, is a friend and former law client.

"I'm the same young lawyer that helped you get a parking lot, that's all I am, I haven't changed," Obama told Brazier as he took the pulpit Sunday.

Obama has taken a lot of heat for doing legal work for now convicted developer and businessman Tony Rezko. Technically, Obama and his former law partners have argued that Obama did not work for Rezko, but for Brazier and his church groups that were partnering with Rezko to build low income housing on the South Side.

Obama's former law partner Allison Davis, who left Obama's old firm to become a developer and play a major role in putting together many of those housing projects, sat in the audience Sunday.

"I am very happy to see my dear friend Allison Davis," Brazier called out to Davis, having him stand.

Obama and his family recently quit the Trinity United Church of Christ, whose former pastor the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, created national controversy when his sermons criticizing Hillary Clinton and blasting American foreign policy as playing a role in the 9-11 attacks.

Obama brought his wife Michelle and daughters Sasha and Melia with him to Sunday's service but did not announce whether he was considering making this congregation their new church.

Obama mentioned Jesus Christ many times during his sermon and said people ask him how he puts up with the rigors of the campaign.

It looks as if this chauvenist dummy is shaping up, as just another leading male, not unlike McCain, whom will spend his every moment cogitating, on just how much more to profit females at the expense of the rest of society. That is profiting females and their daughters, at the expense of males and their sons, whilst glibbly promising, a non-existent or intended "change" out of his anus.

Look here Obama, you need to seriously look in the mirror for the sources and causes of fatherlessness in society, and the social problems that evolve as a consequence. Fatherlessness, at the behest of radical females, is a state manufactured phenomena, which the likes of you and other leading males have created and perpetuated for personal profit.

You and others of your kind in authority, have maliciously created and incentivised fatherlessness and bastardy, with the object of generating a perpetual and running excuse for social intervention. An intervention which you and others claim, is for the protection of women and children, but is actually an extortion racket, targetting men, their property and income.

Where would you and other state mongers be today, if you were not so freely able to intrude in other mens homes and families, in order to deliver from evils you created, their wives and kids ? Youself, other lawyers and male politicians like you, would have then had to find some real productive work with which to sustain yourselves and your egos.

Having intruded into other mens homes and relationships, as would-be saviours of women, you've gone on to encourge them in baseless arguments and disputes over mens income, children and property. Income, children and property they would have had no claims to, in the absence of males and their children in the home. ... Or income, children and property they even wouldnt have been able to acheive for themselves, if left alone to achieve it, unaided by men and children as stooges.

You filthy cheek you.... Yourself and other leading males of the land have dirty minds, are willing to sell-out other men and their sons for nothing, and will stoop to spilling any self-serving propaganda-bilge to acheive this. A thing which you ought account for in the near future.

Stupid.

dr e

Well said.

Perhaps Obama can explain to us how 17% of Black children in 1950 were born to unwed mothers but in 1990, forty years later, it was 65%.  Just more fathers deciding to abandon their kids right?  No, we have engineered this increase with idiotic legislation that supports mothers and smears fathers.  Smears is nowhere close to being a strong enough word.  From welfare to no fault divorce, VAWA etc we have created our own monster and now we have to live with it and watch as men are blamed once again.  The blamers and womanitarians that fill our legislatures are locked into their pro-woman anti-male stance due to fears of not being re-elected.  I do wonder sometimes how the public would respond to a politician that spoke the truth.  And so it goes.
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

Cordell Walker

I would also like to add that Obama is probably projecting his own dad's irresponsibility to men in general.
On another note, the 65%out of wedlock stat that gets thrown around.........first of all, many couples live together but arent married, many couples are fairly young and may be each needed in their respective households either for income or babysitter, and it isnt practical to get married before the kid.
"how can you kill women and children?"---private joker
"Easy, ya just dont lead em as much" ---Animal Mother

dr e

I would also like to add that Obama is probably projecting his own dad's irresponsibility to men in general.
On another note, the 65%out of wedlock stat that gets thrown around.........first of all, many couples live together but arent married, many couples are fairly young and may be each needed in their respective households either for income or babysitter, and it isnt practical to get married before the kid.

What is the story of Obama's father?  Has anyone heard his side or is all the press coming straight fro the mothers side of things?  Duh.

Tony, you seem to be missing the point.  The point is that there has been a huge increase from 17% to 65%.  This sort of increase (over 380%) is not due to babysitting. 
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

dr e

What is the story of Obama's father?  Has anyone heard his side or is all the press coming straight from the mothers side of things?  Dad died long ago right?   Duh.  He isn't here to offer his side I would bet.

Tony, you seem to be missing the point.  The point is that there has been a huge increase from 17% to 65%.  This sort of increase (over 380%) is not due to babysitting. 

Cordell Walker

What is the story of Obama's father?  Has anyone heard his side or is all the press coming straight fro the mothers side of things?  Duh.

from all accounts ann dunham was flaky as hell anyway.
as for missing your point, no I didnt. I just didnt articulate my point very well.
let me try again
65% of births being out of wedlock doesnt really say anything by itself as nowdays living together is as common as marriage, and one thing I noticed is that I know 3 black couples who were together like a decade and had kids together before getting married(I dont know why, but I dont know any white people who lived together that long before getting married). so the 65% out of wedlock births by itself says nothing really about the prescence of fathers. What to me is more worthy of being looked at is the prison/probation/parole stats.
"how can you kill women and children?"---private joker
"Easy, ya just dont lead em as much" ---Animal Mother

CaptDMO

.... but I don't know any white people who lived together that long before (without in my case) getting married.

Well, you do now!
In fairness, no kids!

Stallywood

If you want to know the real reason why all this is, you only have to look at Black Women.... But Oshithead wasnt about to say anything Negative about them, was he?  He did the usual and blamed all black peoples faults on the men.... 
Hell Liberal policies starting with welfare has a big part to do wtih all this...
as for black women...just look on the internet...
Stally
Gentleman is a man who consciously serves women. I prefer the golden rule.

Behind every great man, is a
parasite.

Women who say men won't commit, usually aren't worth committing to.

Mr. Bad

At first I was leaning towards Obama, then as I got to know him better I started to move away, but as soon as I heard this he lost my vote forever.  There is absolutely no chance that I will vote for him, no matter how cold it gets in Hell.  By pandering to the feminazis he's lost all credibility in my book, and I suspect for many others as well.
"Men in teams... got the human species from caves to palaces. When we watch men's teams at work, we pay homage to 10,000 years of male achievements; a record of vision, ingenuity and Herculean labor that feminism has been too mean-spirited to acknowledge."  Camille Paglia

Men's Rights Activist

Jun 16, 2008, 06:01 PM Last Edit: Jun 16, 2008, 06:04 PM by Men's Rights Activist
...then as I got to know him better I started to move away, but as soon as I heard this he lost my vote forever.  There is absolutely no chance that I will vote for him, no matter how cold it gets in Hell.  By pandering to the feminazis he's lost all credibility in my book

Considering how McCain is courting former Hillary supporters, this statement might soon be appropriate for both Presidential candidates.  McCain just needs to publicly clarify his bias in favor of gender feminist issues (against men/against Dads).  We already know McCain voted for VAWA - twice.  MRA's and FRA's are clearly percieved as a constituency not worth bothering with - just like 4 years ago - just like 8 years ago - etc.

Life, Liberty, & Pursuit of Happiness are fundamental rights for all (including males), & not contingent on gender feminist approval or denial. Consider my "Independence" from all tyrannical gender feminist ideology "Declared" - Here & Now!

Sorry Isnt Good Enough

"Any fool can have a child"....?  Things that he might take for granted (having a wife and children) don't come automatically for everyone.  Some people just can't get it to work.  Sorry, Senator Obama, going to have to withdraw my support.  Good luck with that national health care system. 
"To my considerable chagrin, we found that at least 60 percent of all the rape allegations were false." --Dr. Charles P. McDowell, Supervisory Special Agent, U.S. Air Force, Office of Special Investigations.

Go Up