National Fatherlessness Day At The Courthouse In Los Angeles

Started by Men's Rights Activist, Jun 18, 2008, 08:14 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Men's Rights Activist

"Most people are not evil; they just don't know that something hurts until you tell them."

This brings to mind the protest I attended for National Fatherlessness
Day at the courthouse in Los Angeles

by: Stephen M Weiss  June 18, 2008

The day, seeing all the dads going into court or coming out with 'deer in the headlights, deadmen walking' looks, really brought back all my trauma associated with the courts and divorce stripping me of my best friends and constant companions: my children. I could only sleep half the night last night, so real was the return of my feeling of desperation.

There were no media present for the protest, though I have been assured all the relevant media had been contacted. Glenn Sacks did not make it. I had thought he might be there, and I looked forward to shaking his hand.

Some guy with a bull horn droning on about the return of modern day Nazis, and them being in the courthouse was there. Fortunately, no one could really understand what he was saying, but the bull horn sound made the protest seem authentic. I think I will buy one. I would probably just read from the writings of the founding fathers such as T. Jefferson, J. Adams and such.

There was widespread public support for the protest from dads, granddads, grandmas, mothers, couples, and young men. I saw positive reactions from perhaps 25% of the people driving by. At times, the support honking was jarringly loud and pervasive, coming from half of the vehicles on the busy street at once!

My gorgeous blond 2 year old girl smiled and waved at everyone from her stroller under her sun hat. My wife stood at my side, supportively and proudly showing off her 7.5 mo pregnant belly, resplendent in F4J regalia.

The only negative responses I saw were from admitted divorce lawyers. One was an obese old lady who sneered at us and said" I am a divorce lawyer'. At least she understands how people view her: as scum. The other was a fat cat guy with a pitch like a used car salesman claiming to wonder what the hub-bub was about. He says all his men clients get at least 50% custody. I told him I knew which side of the bread his toast was buttered. To state it plainly, I believe he was lying and was trolling for more clients to bilk.

So, I felt, as I stood there smiling and waving at the broad support for our cause, that most of the people were not evil, only the lawyers and court were.
Life, Liberty, & Pursuit of Happiness are fundamental rights for all (including males), & not contingent on gender feminist approval or denial. Consider my "Independence" from all tyrannical gender feminist ideology "Declared" - Here & Now!

dr e

Good article.  Though his overt judgment of the man speaking about the similarities of the nazis and the familly courts seemed to be off base and not needed/self serving.
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

Men's Rights Activist

Jun 18, 2008, 06:17 PM Last Edit: Jun 18, 2008, 09:39 PM by Men's Rights Activist
Though his overt judgment of the man speaking about the similarities of the nazis and the familly courts seemed to be off base and not needed/self serving.

The larger we get, the greater the variety of viewpoints we get.  Larger groups become more challenging to work with, but are much more impressive in getting the message out to the public, IMO.

At one point in the protest I was across the street trying to get everyone's attention, trying to get them to bunch up by the front door and hold up their signs.  One guy who watched me for minutes waving my arms and shouting, "Bunch up," and "Closer together," started laughing.  I started laughing too and said to him, "It's like herding cats."  When I looked up everyone had gotten in place so I started pumping my arms in the air to signify the need to hold up signs.  When I got home and looked at the photos, I was happy that I'd made all the effort.  The photos presented our group looking organized and dynamic.  Hopefully, more of us are learning how to picket in public. 

Believe or not, we've had key people practice (drill) at our in-the-park rallies, in atticipation of just such an event as this.
Life, Liberty, & Pursuit of Happiness are fundamental rights for all (including males), & not contingent on gender feminist approval or denial. Consider my "Independence" from all tyrannical gender feminist ideology "Declared" - Here & Now!

dr e

I agree that it takes practice.  Knowing the best spots to stand, creating and getting photo opps, working the crowd, knowing how to interact with those who want more info, etc.  There's quite a bit to learn.  I for one, do appreciate your efforts MRA.
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

Men's Rights Activist

Thanks, Dr. E., and I appreciate Stand Your Ground.  It's always a pleasure showcasing (posting) Fathers' and men's rights activism on one of the nicest looking blogs on the Internet (Stand Your Ground).  The synergy that SYG facilitates takes the Fathers' and men's rights activism to a whole higher level.

Dadof4

I was at the ralley in Columbus, Ohio. I wasn't alligned with any particular FRG but I have since decided to join F4J after a few conversations with the Ohio coordinator. Great bunch of guys.
The Duluth Model is the most massive socially accepted and funded form of blatant ignorance since Nazi Germany

Men's Rights Activist

I have since decided to join F4J after a few conversations with the Ohio coordinator.

Glad to have you.  And thanks to you and everyone who helped raise public awareness on Fatherless Day 08.

We've been working on the video we took of our L. A. event, but it's harder to put together (for us) than the photos.  We would enjoy seeing photos, and/or videos, of other Fatherless Day events from around the country as people are able to get them on the Net. 

Raising public awareness is not just putting on the actual event, IMO.  It's just as much getting the news publicized after the event, IMO.

Go Up