Today's Funny

Started by The Gonzman, Sep 08, 2008, 07:21 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

The Gonzman

Via Argghhh!

...I also went to a luncheon at the fuel distribution point here when it was finished and had an interesting conversation with an Iraqi engineer.

Him: "Are you married?"

Me: "Yes"

"What is your opinion of marriage?"

"I've been married 13 years; I don't have an opinion anymore."

"In Iraq they say a husband is like a monkey, a donkey and a dog. At first she loves you like a pet monkey, then she orders you around like you are a donkey, then you are an old dog, you bark and bark and no one listens."

"It's just like that in America too."

"Is it true in America you only marry one women?"

"Yes"

"An in America if you leave she gets half?"

"Yes"

He rolls his eyes and says "Thank God I am Iraqi."
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am the MEANEST son-of-a-bitch in the valley.

LSBeene

That is so true on SOOOOOoooooo many levels.

I don't approve of how (some) Iraqis treat their women, but for a woman to divorce in an Arab or Muslim country is a major loss for them - and, gee, the women almost never file for divorce.

Steven
'Watch our backs at home, we'll guard the wall over here. You can sleep safe tonight, we'll guard the door."

Isaiah 6:8
"Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"

The Gonzman

And here's feminist logic:

Women don't file for most divorces in the Dar al-Islam because the system is against them.

Men in the west don't do it because ... the "Patriarchy" favors them?
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am the MEANEST son-of-a-bitch in the valley.

Go Up