Men Are Pigs! Science Says So

Started by scarbo, Nov 01, 2008, 05:52 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

scarbo

Gotta love my hometown liberal feminist-run rag:

Science proves men are pigs

Still no cure for cancer. But scientists from the University of Rochester have resolved one of the great research dilemmas of our time. It turns out (drum roll please) that men are more attracted to women wearing red than to those dressed in other colors.

And get this: Men are unaware of -- among other things -- how the color affects their perception of women's attractiveness.

It turns out that it took five separate psychological experiments to determine this elusive truth.

In one, men were shown photographs of a women wearing red. Then they were shown photographs of the same woman wearing a different color. The men reported they were more likely to ask the women in red to the prom or on an expensive date.

The research was reported this week in the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology. It's fascinating reading (another article seems to explore the mystery of "gaydar": "Accuracy and awareness in the perception and categorization of male sexual orientation").

Red, lead researcher Andrew Elliot noted, is linked to romance in nature. Non-human male primates are more attracted to females displaying red. Conclusion?

"As much as men might like to think that they respond to women in a thoughtful, sophisticated manner, it appears that at least to some degree, their preferences and predilections are, in a word, primitive."

Stunned, we tell you. We're stunned.

I know they're just trying to be tongue-in-cheek. Still pisses me off to no end, though.

Nillerz

next person who says "science proves" gets shot.
Evolution doesn't stop at the neck.

Mr. X

So if women don't care about us men why do they spend so much time analysing us and not themselves? How come no study about what women would like?

C'mon ladies. If you're aloof then be aloof and GO AWAY. Going around acting like you don't like us men while acting like a cat in heat is just pathetic.
Feminists - "Verbally beating men like dumb animals or ignoring them is all we know and its not working."

Nillerz

Disregard this:

$

Libertariandadd

"As much as men might like to think that they respond to women in a thoughtful, sophisticated manner, it appears that at least to some degree, their preferences and predilections are, in a word, primitive."

'It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers-out of unorthodoxy.' George Orwell, Nineteen Eighty-Four

outdoors

i wonder who funds these studies---vawa?

devia

The same person who funded the study that women have more germs.

Cordell Walker

STAY OUT OF THIS THREAD SNOWBACK
YOU GOT COOTIES :toothy9:
"how can you kill women and children?"---private joker
"Easy, ya just dont lead em as much" ---Animal Mother

scarbo

I didn't have time to read that study, devia. Tell me, did the headline writer choose that opportunity to call women by a derogatory name?

typhonblue

I can see it now.

"Scientific Proof that Women are Pigs: They Have More Germs!"

That's exactly what it said. Really.

I could have explained this easily using my advanced knowledge of color theory.

You see, hot colors like red are aggressive colors; they pop out at the eye. Other colors, such as blue, are submissive, retiring colors, they recede in importance, fade into the background. Pink, as a mixture of red and white(which is the most intensely bright color aside from yellow) is also very aggressive.

Who knew color theory could explain so much about gender relations in the west as well?

Nillerz

isn't that why women wear red lipstick despite the fact that it makes them look like clowns?

dr e

Where red lipstick?

Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

Cordell Walker

Where red lipstick?

hey doc you are a sumbitch.................quit usin livestock pics to  turhn me and my demographic on :toothy9:
"how can you kill women and children?"---private joker
"Easy, ya just dont lead em as much" ---Animal Mother

Nillerz

It looks like a heart... :love5:

gwallan

Dr E!!

You really ARE an asstonishingly evil bastard aren't you.
In 95% of things 100% of people are alike. It's the other 5%, the bits that are different, that make us interesting. It's also the key to our existence, and future, as a species.

Go Up