why do feminists tend to side with palestine

Started by Cordell Walker, Jan 04, 2009, 06:58 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Cordell Walker

this is weird
lately on some other boards israel/palestine, hamas whatever has come up
and Ive noticed that posters that take pro feminist stands on other issues etc, stand firmly behind palestine
what gives?
"how can you kill women and children?"---private joker
"Easy, ya just dont lead em as much" ---Animal Mother

gwallan

I know a few Jews who aren't real pleased with Israel's behaviour.

One long time Jewish friend who'd spent time in Israel in the late seventies has always maintained that the Palestinians have been treated awfully.

They have become a "displaced" people not unlike the situation Jews themselves have faced in the past. They may well be viewed in a similar way in the future.
In 95% of things 100% of people are alike. It's the other 5%, the bits that are different, that make us interesting. It's also the key to our existence, and future, as a species.

dr e

US Govt = enemy and bad guy
US Govt is supportive to Israel
Israel is the enemy of Palestine
therefore Palestine= good guy
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

Cordell Walker

US Govt = enemy and bad guy
US Govt is supportive to Israel
Israel is the enemy of Palestine
therefore Palestine= good guy

so in their eyes this deflects from the fact that feminists get way more play in israel than they would a  palestinian state

dr e

I am no expert on this Tony but from what I have heard the fems are willing to give them a pass on their very different treatment of women in order to maintain their anti-usa stance.  Maybe someone else can chime in with the scoop.
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

The Gonzman

I am no expert on this Tony but from what I have heard the fems are willing to give them a pass on their very different treatment of women in order to maintain their anti-usa stance.  Maybe someone else can chime in with the scoop.

No, that pretty much sums it up.

The amount of "Every Schoolboy Knows" misinformation on the whole Palestine issue is staggering.  It's gotten to the point where I just give up trying to educate people.

Far as I am concerned, there is one reason and one reason alone that the "Palestinians" should thank God for the Shoah and Adolf Hitler - having been on the receiving end of an attempt at genocide, it's been the one thing that has stopped the Israelis from executing it on the "Palestinians" - as they have earned it in spades over the years.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am the MEANEST son-of-a-bitch in the valley.

Mongo

Many hundreds times more Palestinians have been killed by Syria
and other countries and no one ever hears about it :BangHead:.

http://www.wsws.org/articles/2000/jun2000/assa-j16.shtml

Cordell Walker

No, that pretty much sums it up.

The amount of "Every Schoolboy Knows" misinformation on the whole Palestine issue is staggering.  It's gotten to the point where I just give up trying to educate people.

Far as I am concerned, there is one reason and one reason alone that the "Palestinians" should thank God for the Shoah and Adolf Hitler - having been on the receiving end of an attempt at genocide, it's been the one thing that has stopped the Israelis from executing it on the "Palestinians" - as they have earned it in spades over the years.

naw, I think that all that aid that goes to that part of the world and  israel being practical as far as  not wanting to be a pariah in the western world is what keeps the palestenians in gaza and the west bank alive
If the US did the pontious pilate and washed our hands of the whole thing,  gaza and the west bank would be golf courses

Libertariandadd

I support these Orthodox Rabbi's;
www.nkusa.org
'It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers-out of unorthodoxy.' George Orwell, Nineteen Eighty-Four

Peter

BM-NByw7VE2PwjfTtsVdeE5ipuqx1AqkEv1

Cordell Walker

lessons for hamas
1.dont take rocks to a tank fight
2. dont take homemade rockets to a long range ICBM fight

PaulGuelph

Jan 05, 2009, 04:07 PM Last Edit: Jan 05, 2009, 09:33 PM by PaulGuelph
x
Men's Movie Guide:  http://www.mensmovieguide.com   The Healing Tomb: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081N1X145

TheHappyMisogynist

this is weird
lately on some other boards israel/palestine, hamas whatever has come up
and Ive noticed that posters that take pro feminist stands on other issues etc, stand firmly behind palestine
what gives?

Conservatives, the supposedly closest thing iin mainstream to anti-feminists, are generally pro Israel.

The enemy of my imagined enemy is my imagined friend.
It is better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self.  Cyril Connelly

http://www.thehappymisogynist.com

Tony Ananda

Jan 06, 2009, 06:13 PM Last Edit: Jan 06, 2009, 06:16 PM by Tony Ananda
Well, August, answer your own question by telling us why most men's rights activists, for example the majority of opinion on Men's News Daily, support Israel no matter what they might do.  Why is that?  American right wing politics should have little to do with the Middle East, yet there it is.  Is it part of the Christian belief system or something?
When the going gets weird, the wierd turn pro.

Libertariandadd

( My opinion might end up shocking some of you but here goes.....Im convinced that Henry Makow is correct regarding Israel & Zionism; www.henrymakow.com
:toothy9:
'It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers-out of unorthodoxy.' George Orwell, Nineteen Eighty-Four

Go Up