Urgent Help Needed: Guilty until proven innocent

Started by paolo20, Jan 04, 2009, 08:40 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

paolo20

After about half a century of radical feminism, truth is indeed much stranger than fiction.  My brother is in desperate need of a good lawyer, one who appreciates that men are often guilty until proven innocent, and who knows Vermont law.  Briefly, here is what happened:

He and his wife and daughter were having dinner at the kitchen table.  The next door neighbor kids were in his pool and his wife asked him to tell them to leave as they could not be supervised.  He got up, opened the sliding glass doors and stepped out onto the deck and asked them to leave.  He felt a cool breeze on his crotch and looked down.  Much to his dismay, he saw that his penis had slipped through the opening in his lounge pants and was exposed. He turned and went in the house.  He decided it would be prudent to call the father of the kids and explain what happened and apologize.  The father made light of it and said no big deal.  Everything seemed fine and over the next 2 weeks or so, the kids were over several times.  But seventeen days after the incident, the police knocked at the door and arrested him for felony lude and lascivious behavior in front of minors!

Now he is being offered a plea deal of a misdemeanor lude and lascivious. But the deal would involve 7 years of strict probation and being on the child sex offender list.  His lawyer wants him to take the plea, but he doesn't really think much of his lawyer, for several reasons.  And anyways I sense from what my brother has told me, that his own lawyer seems to think he is guilty of a deliberate act.  He is 58years old with absolutely no criminal history.
This is a real nightmare, and in northern rural Vermont he can't seem to find a good lawyer.  Does anyone have suggestions for locating one?

Thanks so much

TheHappyMisogynist

Jan 04, 2009, 09:30 PM Last Edit: Jan 04, 2009, 09:36 PM by TheHappyMisogynist
I am sorry to hear about your brothers situation, and I am thankful at least you know what the score is.  There may be other references from people here that would do you more good, but barring that I would try the legal referral service through http://www.glennsacks.com/blog/?page_id=1470

Also, you might suggest your brother read this before agreeing to be placed on that registry.

http://thehappymisogynist.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=66:rl&catid=34:essays&Itemid=67

I wish you the best of luck and hope to hear of a good outcome.
It is better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self.  Cyril Connelly

http://www.thehappymisogynist.com

Cordell Walker

three words
"crank it up"
that means tell the DA "crank it up, I want a jury trial"
the more willing a defendent is to tell the DA "fuck you, I want trial", the better off the defendent is
a whole lot of counties dont have that great of record with jury trials, therefore DA's try to go for plea deals  as if not more aggresivly than defense lawyers
like famous  lawyer racehorse haynes said
if  you say my dog bit you
1. my dog wasnt there
2. my dog doesnt bite
3. I dont have a dog
"how can you kill women and children?"---private joker
"Easy, ya just dont lead em as much" ---Animal Mother

SIAM

who actually notified the police? Seems that person has a grudge against this man.

outdoors

he doesn't need a fuckin liar to just make things worse-he needs a jury of his peers and explain what happened-just like u did here

imho getting a lawyer in the first place is admitting some type of guilt.

Mr. Bad

So, the kids were on his property (were they there with expressed permission or were they technically trespassing?) and the guy, on his own property, was politely asking them to leave.  What kind of bullshit is this where all of a sudden he's guilty of a crime?  Sheesh, Janet Jackson had a "wardrobe failure" on national TV and I don't believe that she got arrested for it.

Sounds like this guy should use the Janet Jackson "wardrobe failure" defense to a jury.  I'm guessing that his peers are going to have a lot more sense than some stupid DA - who's probably been 'trained' by the feminists - and throw the case out. 
"Men in teams... got the human species from caves to palaces. When we watch men's teams at work, we pay homage to 10,000 years of male achievements; a record of vision, ingenuity and Herculean labor that feminism has been too mean-spirited to acknowledge."  Camille Paglia

poiuyt

There has got to be something terribly wrong with any society that deems any part of the male anatomy to be dangerous, threatening, offensive, crude or vulgar. Even more so where the institutions of power, control and legitimate coercion are dominated by males themselves.

Is this antimale madness really progressive and civilised or something much more degenerate and vile? A land where female bodies are to be celebrated and lauded while male bodies are to be controlled and hidden away as something nasty and disorderly.

Are males no longer just as human as females ?

You know ... much, much worse in the way of male dehumanisation is on the way for men in modern societies at this current rate and course. But you wont see it comming beforehand.

TheHappyMisogynist

Not by legal standards. 

If a woman is subathing and exposed in her back yard and you look at her, you are a peeping Tom and can be proscuted.  If a man is exposed in his back yard, he can be prosecuted for being looked at.

Some pretty sick shit.
It is better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self.  Cyril Connelly

http://www.thehappymisogynist.com

outdoors

Not by legal standards. 

If a woman is subathing and exposed in her back yard and you look at her, you are a peeping Tom and can be proscuted.  If a man is exposed in his back yard, he can be prosecuted for being looked at.

Some pretty sick shit.

yep!

If you need a lawyer, you can ensure that you get the most qualified one if you verify that he or she is AV-rated.  This means that they have sufficient experience as well as the recognition of their peers.  There's a Web site that tracks which lawyers are AV-rated.  More info:

http://www.dontmakehermad.com/faq/#lawyer

Quentin0352

Being peer rated is not a big plus in my belief. That is like wolves rating who is the best wolf! My lawyer was found through finding people that had suggested him after the layers I had were worthless at over 3 times the cost, VERY highly rated by all the various legal ratings and on the who is who list of lawyers.

Now I have a great guy I actually connect with, who does great work for an honest price and actually CARES about my case. I suggest going to various lawyers until you find one that actually believes you and you connect with since if he knows everything about the law but doesn't give a shit it won't matter while someone that actually cares will fight for you and will FIND what they need to win in court as well instead of sitting on their ass telling aides to file BS motions.

Libertariandadd

Paolo-
I urge him to fight this fiercely to the bitter end. And have him watch this too;

Don't Talk to Cops, Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8z7NC5sgik
'It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers-out of unorthodoxy.' George Orwell, Nineteen Eighty-Four

Men's Rights Activist

How come he's in all this trouble and a "wardrobe malfunction" by a female to all the world goes largely unpunished?
Life, Liberty, & Pursuit of Happiness are fundamental rights for all (including males), & not contingent on gender feminist approval or denial. Consider my "Independence" from all tyrannical gender feminist ideology "Declared" - Here & Now!

Go Up