Woman set fire to husband's genitals, Australian court told

Started by neoteny, Jan 05, 2009, 06:39 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

neoteny

Link to article

Woman set fire to husband's genitals, Australian court told

SYDNEY (AFP) - An Australian woman who allegedly set fire to her husband's genitals because she believed he was having an affair appeared in court on a murder charge Monday.

After the fire spread through the family home, Rajini Narayan, 44, told neighbours she had only wanted to burn her husband's penis "so it belongs to me and no one else," prosecutors said.

"It's just his penis I wanted to burn, I didn't mean this to happen," she was quoted as saying, the Adelaide Advertiser reported.

Prosecutors said Narayan's engineer husband Satish was asleep in their double-storey Adelaide home when his wife doused his genitals with methylated spirit and set them on fire on December 8 last year.

The blaze spread when he jumped out of bed and knocked over the bottle of spirits, causing around a million dollars (700,000 US dollars) damage to the house and a neighbouring property, the court heard.

Narayan, 47, died in hospital last week.

His widow was remanded in custody until Friday, pending the results of a psychological assessment.

----

His widow? His widow?! His murderer... I don't ever recall a male spousal murderer ever being called "her widow", either before or after trial.  :BangHead:
The spreading of information about the [quantum] system through the [classical] environment is ultimately responsible for the emergence of "objective reality." 

Wojciech Hubert Zurek: Decoherence, einselection, and the quantum origins of the classical

Kyo

There's a classic old joke about an example of the Yiddish word "chutzpah", used to educate goyim on what the word means.

Imagine, the explainer says, a child who's murdered his parents.  He then begs the judge for mercy by saying, "Please be kind to me!  I'm an orphan!"   :toothy9:

Now that's "chutzpah"!

Why don't they ever use a wife instead of a child, begging for mercy because she's a widow?  Why?  Because that's something that would actually happen, and wouldn't require any chutzpah at all!

neoteny

Kyo,

yeah, that's a classic.

There was a case several years back which went up to the Supreme Court of Canada: a woman attempted to murder her husband. She didn't succeed, although the husband sustained some permanent injuries, due to which he had to take a lower-paying job. The woman went to prison, he divorced her in the meantime... then she came out of prison, and sued him for spousal maintenance, as she had no income. The Canadian Supremes decided that he should pay her, because she was in need, he had income and the fact that she wanted to waste him had no bearing on the previous two facts.
The spreading of information about the [quantum] system through the [classical] environment is ultimately responsible for the emergence of "objective reality." 

Wojciech Hubert Zurek: Decoherence, einselection, and the quantum origins of the classical

outdoors

Kyo,

yeah, that's a classic.

There was a case several years back which went up to the Supreme Court of Canada: a woman attempted to murder her husband. She didn't succeed, although the husband sustained some permanent injuries, due to which he had to take a lower-paying job. The woman went to prison, he divorced her in the meantime... then she came out of prison, and sued him for spousal maintenance, as she had no income. The Canadian Supremes decided that he should pay her, because she was in need, he had income and the fact that she wanted to waste him had no bearing on the previous two facts.

WHAT?-any link?--i could really use this if u could find me an article

this is how low our court system treats men? and everyone wonders why men(me) are angry in this country?

lemme guess-this guy didn't or isn't saying a word about how well he was treated by the courts and just took his medicine like a good canadian man should.

I would be so angry at the courts if that happened to me-i would be in prison a long time.

why couldn't he go after her for a few differen't things,one including spousal maintenance,as she was in jail and not contributing to the marriage because of her crimes? :angryfire:

neoteny

Hi outdoors,

I'm afraid I don't have the time to go through the Supreme Court of Canada decisions (http://csc.lexum.umontreal.ca/en/), but it must have been sometimes in the mid-90's (definitely before 2000) and the case had to be some kind of "XYZ vs. XYZ" as the (ex-)wife was suing the (ex-)husband.

Well, the husband wasn't taking it laying down; after all, he took it to the Supreme Court. They just fucked him over as all the lower courts...  :dontknow:

Go Up