Woman sentenced for false rape report...

Started by Quentin0352, Jan 12, 2009, 08:05 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Quentin0352

Yup, nothing major done to her except having to pay back the money and a couple of years probation. Nothice the excuses for her behavior I bolded? Now imagine those used to defend a guy in a rape case!

http://www.daytondailynews.com/n/content/oh/story/news/local/2009/01/12/ddn011209falsereportweb.html

Woman sentenced for false rape report
By Nancy Bowman

Staff Writer

Monday, January 12, 2009

TROY -- A Wapakoneta woman will be paying authorities $892 for the overtime detectives used to investigate her false claim of being raped.

Melissa Turner, 40, told the sheriff's office May 19 she was raped on the banks of the Great Miami River, under the Eldean Bridge north of Troy. She admitted May 21 that she had lied, according to court documents.

She pleaded guilty to the felony charge in November and was sentenced Monday, Jan. 12 to community control and order to reimburse the Miami County Sheriff's Office.

In court Monday, Turner said the incident showed "bad judgment" on her part. "I do want to apologize," she told Judge Robert Lindeman in Common Pleas Court.

Defense lawyer William Kruge said Turner's actions were out of character. He said she had no felony record and said Turner was "concerned about what she should do that day" when an encounter went beyond what she thought she had consented.

Lindeman said the likelihood of Turner ever committing the same type of offense again "is just about nil."

She was ordered to complete two years of community control, fined $1,000 and ordered to make restitution. If she violates condition of the probation, she faces up to one year in prison.

Contact this reporter at (937) 225-2292 or [email protected].

neoteny

Well, at least she was found guilty.
The spreading of information about the [quantum] system through the [classical] environment is ultimately responsible for the emergence of "objective reality." 

Wojciech Hubert Zurek: Decoherence, einselection, and the quantum origins of the classical

K9

To the reporter:
Ho-Hum story. Where is the out-rage? How many men are in prison because other women were mistaken or outright lied? Where is the national database that keeps records of these reports. Why is it not repeated over and over that if the law must err, it must err by setting the guilty free instead of putting the innocent in prison? Are you a journalist or a regurgitator of police and court log books? Is this "kookiness" on her part an integral part of all women; "duh, i tot i wuz raped butt i wuz wrong?" This judicial "pass" given women needs to stop. This woman should do serious prison time, just as any rapist who has been convicted by facts and not gender-based stupidity
Explaining misandry to a feminist is like explaining "wet" to a fish.

wractor

Let's just all thank God that she didn't actually use the charge to frame a specific guy.
"If you're going through Hell...Keep Going."--Winston Churchill.
(Sites by KK: www.RockHerWorld.Net, www.Focusgroup.ning.com)

Quentin0352

Interesting that the exact same newspaper refused to even look at doing a story on my divorce case and the problems with the corrupt system. The rteporter stated it was just a "He said/She said" case though I had proof positive of her abusing the law with false accusations and Children's Protective Sevices refusing to investigate real abuse by her. But hey, a case involving the suspicious death of an infant, court endorsed abuse by false accusations, allowing and encouraging electronic harassment and stalking and keeping children in dangerous conditions the court's own investigators found isn't news.

Go Up