Obama's being hailed as a new champion for women

Started by SIAM, Jan 25, 2009, 06:36 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

SIAM

The west needs feminism more than ever....riiiiiggggghhhhht  :pino:

And if anyone ever doubted it, Obama's just going to facilitate every whim of the feminist lobby. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1127428/SOS-new-feminism-How-Obamas-hailed-new-champion-women.html

SIAM

I wrote a comment:-

This is satire, right? You're not actually serious that feminism hasn't marched on unhindered over the last 40 years? You cite examples about women being judged by looks.  WOMEN judge other women by their looks.  Nobody forces women to buy fashion magazines or spend money on looking good.  It's their (here's the responsibility bit) CHOICE to do this.

Maternity leave "not fair" to women?! You're right in a way.  Because they asked and got 52 weeks, now they're the first in the firing line for the recession.  Be careful for what you wish for.  If you want to break the back of your employer carrying all the weights of your "rights", when the employer is in trouble, he offloads the heaviest weights.  This is a classic case of wanting your cake and eating it, then complaining about the resulting indigestion.  You wanted the right without the commensurate responsibilities and risks.

Feminism = rights without those pesky responsibilities.

Fe-Fi-Fo-Fum

I wrote a nice* comment as well.  However, the comment section still shows 0 comments.  Censoring, perchance?

*Well....I thought the comment was nice  ;)

Go Up