do you have any freinds who are/idenify as feminists?

Started by Cordell Walker, Apr 23, 2009, 09:04 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Cordell Walker

"how can you kill women and children?"---private joker
"Easy, ya just dont lead em as much" ---Animal Mother

outdoors

if i did? we probably wouldn't be friends for long

julie

You're a hardcase with some of your questions CW.  (they're good though)

I can't answer any of your fighter ones because I don't know who they are but this one I can.

Yes, I have feminist friends. And radical feminist friends at that.
Ignorance is the Oppressor, Vigilance the Liberator.

PaulGuelph

Family, former co-workers and one or more of my wife's friends are feminists.

I don't see how I could be friends with a feminist.   :pigs:
Men's Movie Guide:  http://www.mensmovieguide.com   The Healing Tomb: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081N1X145

julie

I don't see how I could be friends with a feminist.   :pigs:

I think once you know someone is a feminist you can decide to break a friendship. But then I suppose if they have saved your life or something similar you have to ask yourself if morally you can hate someone because they have a different belief than you.

I think men can hate women if they want to and women can hate men if they want to. It is the influence on society that is wrong. IMO

Does anyone have any friends who hate women like feminists hate men?

SIAM

But then I suppose if they have saved your life or something similar you have to ask yourself if morally you can hate someone because they have a different belief than you.

Talk about an "edge case"! How many feminists have saved your life julie? I think you're framing a peculiar question using an extremely rare situation (please don't get like devia!).  And it depends on how you define "saved your life" - do you mean literally, as in, scooped you up from a rough sea, or patted you on the back when you were feeling sorry for yourself?

I think it's difficult to be friends with someone when there's such a fundamental difference of opinion on a very important topic.  Inevitably conversations come back to this topic, and what's the point in feeling inhibited and walking on eggshells all the time. 

julie

But then I suppose if they have saved your life or something similar you have to ask yourself if morally you can hate someone because they have a different belief than you.

Talk about an "edge case"! How many feminists have saved your life julie? I think you're framing a peculiar question using an extremely rare situation (please don't get like devia!).  And it depends on how you define "saved your life" - do you mean literally, as in, scooped you up from a rough sea, or patted you on the back when you were feeling sorry for yourself?

I shouldn't be sensitive about this. Sorry about that.

I think it's difficult to be friends with someone when there's such a fundamental difference of opinion on a very important topic.  Inevitably conversations come back to this topic, and what's the point in feeling inhibited and walking on eggshells all the time. 

Yes, I believe it would be difficult.

Setaseba

yes, i have feminist friends. i don't have any rad-fem friends nor would i have any (or even share an elevator with them if i knew)

befriending someone knowing they hate your guts because you were born with a penis is stupid and self-destructive IMO

Mr. X

Probably like a black man being friends with a KKK member ---- none.
Feminists - "Verbally beating men like dumb animals or ignoring them is all we know and its not working."

gwallan

I'm a member of a political party so I'm often surrounded by them.

Had massive fun explaining to a few why I wasn't attending a function devoted to Emily Pankhurst.

They are on notice that I will attend in 2014 to distribute white feathers in commemoration of Emily's role as "convenor" of the White Feather Brigade.

In 95% of things 100% of people are alike. It's the other 5%, the bits that are different, that make us interesting. It's also the key to our existence, and future, as a species.

Cordell Walker

Probably like a black man being friends with a KKK member ---- none.

I remember  I went with my ex to a funeral for one of her relatives in Lousiana, and there was this white dude at the funeral that was real broke up
he got up and talked about  his fishin buddy
and how he was gonna miss him
come to find out, that old white man owned a car lot next to  his business, and also happened to be a klavern leader
"how can you kill women and children?"---private joker
"Easy, ya just dont lead em as much" ---Animal Mother

CaptDMO

yes, i have feminist friends. i don't have any rad-fem friends nor would i have any (or even share an elevator with them if i knew)

You do realize of course, if nothing else, this eliminates opportunities to express one's own flatulence to a captive audience?
Re: do you have any freinds who are/identify as feminists?

Some, but as has been mentioned by others here, I offer no "friendship" to
ANY folks that espouse what I consider radical ignorance toward ANY
aspect of life.

Disclaimer:
Feel free to assume that I discriminate amongst the company I choose to keep.

wractor

I've had feminist friends, some of them still have slightly feminist leanings, but eventually most of them burned out on all the activism and anger they were experiencing, and/or saw the truth about the effects of feminism. One of my publishers was the biggest feminist firebrand I've ever known, and finally she found religion and said it was more beneficial for women to ditch feminism in favor of Christianity.

I think also, that a lot of feminists ditched the cause when it had accomplished most of their goals (workplace equality, etc.). Granted, a lot of them want more & more power, but most of them are just like "I got mine, I can relax now".
"If you're going through Hell...Keep Going."--Winston Churchill.
(Sites by KK: www.RockHerWorld.Net, www.Focusgroup.ning.com)

Mr. X

And my sense is women don't really want true equality. Who wants to be out at 3 am repairing a busted water main on xmas eve? Its far better to be the concubine who whispers in the emporer's ear than to be emporer.
Feminists - "Verbally beating men like dumb animals or ignoring them is all we know and its not working."

Renegade

And my sense is women don't really want true equality. Who wants to be out at 3 am repairing a busted water main on xmas eve? Its far better to be the concubine who whispers in the emporer's ear than to be emporer.

Exactly. Women's idea of "equality" is any percieved benefit that men get, they want as well; no attempt to actually share responsibilities, or to fight for men to have any benefits that women have.

Years ago I was discussing "equality" with a woman at work. I remember this quote exactly, because it is one of the first times that I noticed that "equality" and "the womens movement" were bull-plop. She said to me, "I believe in equality when it comes to jobs and stuff, but I still think that men should pay for dates and hold open doors for women."

Yup. Equality means 1) Remove anything negative about being a woman in our society, but keep anything positive and 2) Make sure that men do not get the same treatment (i.e. anything negative about being a man is enforced, but they must still share anything "positive").

:angryfire:
"A man chooses. A slave obeys." What if a man 'chooses' to obey, because he is met with scorn, shame and ridicule and rendered a social outcasts if he does not?

Go Up