Glen Sacks to write about fatherhood in the Gaurdian??

Started by Tigerman, May 05, 2009, 07:22 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Tigerman

A comment is free poster called 'LenFirewood' has posted a request in the "What do you want to talk about?" thread for Glen Sacks to write a piece about the war on fatherhood in the west.  This is the thread that posters can request articles about be covered in the comment is free section of the newspaper.
To quote from Len's post :
LenFirewood

05 May 09, 2:54pm (6 minutes ago)

I would like to see someone write about the current war on fatherhood that is raging almost throughout the western world. I know of a very well respected and eloquent writer in this field - he is called Glen Sacks. Here is some info from his own blog:

Glenn Sacks is the Executive Director of Fathers & Families, the nation's largest family court reform organization.

Fathers and Families, a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization, improves the lives of children and strengthens society by protecting the child's right to the love and care of both parents after separation or divorce.

Glenn's columns have appeared in dozens of the largest newspapers in the United States. He regularly appears on radio and TV, and is often quoted in major publications.

GlennSacks.com was founded in 2001 and is by far the largest men's and fathers' issues blog in the world.

His email address is [email protected] - he doesn't know I have suggested him but he is sure to respect the coverage that the Guardian could give to the issues he finds so important.
I'm feel confident that when you see Glenn's writings you will be assured that you would be getting a piece of excellent thought provoking material that also fulfils high journalistic standards.

If you agree with LenFirewood's request please visit the link given and recommend the suggestion.
Thanks.

Tigerman

Okay first of all *I* am the LenFirewood mentioned. Secondly the Guardian moderators have just inexplicably deleted my request despite the request being on topic, non abusive (in fact I went out of my way to be polite and respectful!) and is an issue much neglected by the newspaper. I have just raised a strong objection but to be frank I am not holding my breath that it will do any good!  :angryfire: :BangHead:

Tigerman

For what it is worth I have just informed Glenn about what has just transpired.

Cordell Walker

what do you expect from a nation that elected  whats her name, harriet harman, yeah thats it.
I think britain's conservative newspaper is  the daily mail
are you a brit?
"how can you kill women and children?"---private joker
"Easy, ya just dont lead em as much" ---Animal Mother

Tigerman

what do you expect from a nation that elected  whats her name, harriet harman, yeah thats it.
I think britain's conservative newspaper is  the daily mail
are you a brit?

Yes.

neoteny

Secondly the Guardian moderators have just inexplicably deleted my request despite the request being on topic, non abusive (in fact I went out of my way to be polite and respectful!) and is an issue much neglected by the newspaper. I have just raised a strong objection but to be frank I am not holding my breath that it will do any good!  :angryfire: :BangHead:

Well, supposedly it happened because you had Glenn Sacks' email address there... try the same post/comment without the address again. It'll be interesting to watch.
The spreading of information about the [quantum] system through the [classical] environment is ultimately responsible for the emergence of "objective reality." 

Wojciech Hubert Zurek: Decoherence, einselection, and the quantum origins of the classical

Tigerman

Secondly the Guardian moderators have just inexplicably deleted my request despite the request being on topic, non abusive (in fact I went out of my way to be polite and respectful!) and is an issue much neglected by the newspaper. I have just raised a strong objection but to be frank I am not holding my breath that it will do any good!  :angryfire: :BangHead:

Well, supposedly it happened because you had Glenn Sacks' email address there... try the same post/comment without the address again. It'll be interesting to watch.

I've been away for a few hours so I wasn't able to respond earlier. It seems you are right about their reason and to be fair I think I can understand why they were reluctant to let the post stand. I have apologised to the mods for flying off the handle the way i did and i have amended my wording somewhat more diplomatically and removed Glenn's email address (even though it is freely available from his public blog!).
Here is a copy of my amended post:
LenFirewood

05 May 09, 11:29pm (1 minute ago)

I would like to see someone write about whether fatherhood has\is being undermined in many nations in the west and what could be done to improve matters not just for the sake of fathers and children but for our societies as a whole. I know of a very well respected and eloquent writer in this field - he is called Glen Sacks. Here is some info from his own blog:

Glenn Sacks is the Executive Director of Fathers & Families, the nation's largest family court reform organization.

Fathers and Families, a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization, improves the lives of children and strengthens society by protecting the child's right to the love and care of both parents after separation or divorce.

Glenn's columns have appeared in dozens of the largest newspapers in the United States. He regularly appears on radio and TV, and is often quoted in major publications.

GlennSacks.com was founded in 2001 and is by far the largest men's and fathers' issues blog in the world.

His email address for contact should you wish to request that he write for you can be obtained from his public blog - he doesn't know I have suggested him but he is sure to respect the coverage that the Guardian could give to the issues he finds so important.
I'm feel confident that when you see Glenn's writings you will be assured that you would be getting a piece of excellent thought provoking material that also fulfils high journalistic standards.

I now await their response (if any).

neoteny

[...]

Looks good; let's see what comes of it. I think it is great that you took the opportunity and the effort...
The spreading of information about the [quantum] system through the [classical] environment is ultimately responsible for the emergence of "objective reality." 

Wojciech Hubert Zurek: Decoherence, einselection, and the quantum origins of the classical

Tigerman

[...]

Looks good; let's see what comes of it. I think it is great that you took the opportunity and the effort...

Thanks but it's just a little bit of activism - nothing much really compared to what the likes of Glenn sacks does every day.

Go Up