"Cougars" on the prowl in Colorado nightclubs

Started by mens_issues, May 29, 2009, 04:34 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

mens_issues

Story here:

http://www.denverpost.com/frontpage/ci_12464762

Excerpts:

"There aren't as many men my age who are single and fabulous," said Gail Bridges, 38, sitting in a Boulder coffee shop.

Many women who date younger men said they are open to their contemporaries -- or older guys. Not Melanie Olson, 44, a retail manager hanging out at Elway's bar recently.

How often does she date younger men? "Always," she said.

"They work out like I do. Guys my age are fat and gross. I want the total package. I deserve the total package. I want hot and funny."

Well Melanie, you bigot, I'm 47 and 5' 11" and 165lb with a flat belly and a full head of hair and look several years younger than my age.  A lot of women in my age range look like walking bean bags.  So SHUT UP!

Men's Issues Online - a voice for men's advocacy http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MensIssuesOnline

Follow Male Positive Media on Twitter - https://twitter.com/MalePositive

Cordell Walker

I can dig some cougers, but, they gotta pay like they grey!
"how can you kill women and children?"---private joker
"Easy, ya just dont lead em as much" ---Animal Mother

devia

May 29, 2009, 08:04 PM Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 08:11 PM by devia
On one hand men have been "cougars" for generations, and I see nothing wrong with women wanting the same thing. Sorry but if I was single with a large salary I might just look for eye-candy/compliant instead of my best friend. Nothing wrong with that.

But there is something wrong with the "you go girl" mentality of the article, fact is much younger lovers are bought and paid for regardless of sex unless you are one of the very few that's got a great surgeon.  If women want to dive into being sugar mommas then I say great for you but lets not pretend it's anything but what it is, and it is to the bystander slightly creepy.

"We" (society) laughs about the concept of mail order brides, heck I know a guy who really looks like a little monkey who has two Romanian "wives" (I worked with him didn't socialize). It should be equally ludicrous in the eyes of the press (it is in real life) to see a twenty year old guy hanging off the arm of a forty-something woman.

BTW I had a late 40's client one day who walked in with her boy-toy. I had no problem with it except she wanted me to know what he was, when the reverse happens I find men to be pretty much in defensive mode. That I find unfortunate. I laughed at her not with her, and the men shouldn't have to feel ashamed by having "bought some love".

wractor

Heh. I'm dating a 'Cougar' right now, and loving it. She's got no kids, her own $$$, her own place, and actually meets me halfway for dates (I buy the dinner, she buys the flick, etc.)

I was in 'Male Nirvana' on one of our dates when we went back to her place, and she opened a beer for me, gave me a stack of horror DVDs to choose from (we're both into horror) and said "I'm going to take a nap, but wake me up to F**k!"

(I thought, DAMN, the only way this woman could be more perfect is if she was a Dodge Mechanic...not that I ever really WANTED a Dodge, but I'm stuck with one for a dozen more payments...)
"If you're going through Hell...Keep Going."--Winston Churchill.
(Sites by KK: www.RockHerWorld.Net, www.Focusgroup.ning.com)

Quentin0352

Divia, thank you and well put! I see no reason we call a relationship between consenting ADULTS creepy or coll based on genders and ages involved.

JoeFin

I think Devia pegged it

"bought some love" seems to be the operative phase all too often and it has been brought up in the context of the afore mentioned article

Women finally have enough economic independence to forge their own way as adults, observers say. This, combined with more social acceptance, has led to a phenomenon that has moved far beyond the fringes.

Sadly thou - this more then likely are the proceeds from her recent divorce

Resident Sh!! house attorney at large

Men's Rights Activist

May 29, 2009, 10:41 PM Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 10:45 PM by Men's Rights Activist
Guys my age are fat and gross...

I hear a lot of c#@p about cougars these days, but I don't see very many attractive women in that age range.  Pudgy Pumas, seem to be everywhere.  Even if women in that age range aren't fat and gross, the bloom is definitely off the flower for many of them.  I'm not bitter though, which is more than I can say for a lot of the crabby tabbies and entitlement tigeresses I run into - who think being female means men are supposed to ki$$ their butt$ and clean their litter boxes forever.
:occasion18:
Life, Liberty, & Pursuit of Happiness are fundamental rights for all (including males), & not contingent on gender feminist approval or denial. Consider my "Independence" from all tyrannical gender feminist ideology "Declared" - Here & Now!

Cordell Walker

MRA there are sexy cougers, like pam grier, who will be sexy even after being put in the ground

Men's Rights Activist

May 30, 2009, 08:33 AM Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 08:36 AM by Men's Rights Activist
MRA there are sexy cougers, like pam grier, who will be sexy even after being put in the ground.

I see them on the screen, but most of the cougars running around my neighborhood have big claws and teeth.  I do see some two legged, painted, prancing panthers, parading their flabby fannys around my locale. :dog:
But these days I stick to the hiking paths where the chances of being attacked are less.  Once mauled, twice shy. :sign17:
Life, Liberty, & Pursuit of Happiness are fundamental rights for all (including males), & not contingent on gender feminist approval or denial. Consider my "Independence" from all tyrannical gender feminist ideology "Declared" - Here & Now!

Cordell Walker

MRA there are sexy cougers, like pam grier, who will be sexy even after being put in the ground.

I see them on the screen, but most of the cougars running around my neighborhood have big claws and teeth.  I do see some two legged, painted, prancing panthers, parading their flabby fannys around my locale. :dog:
But these days I stick to the hiking paths where the chances of being attacked are less.  Once mauled, twice shy. :sign17:

LOL
I bet they are out in force now that their watering hole in sacrmento's gone dry
My last girlfriend was 44
nice chick
but she moved north and we werent that serious

Go Up