From the Car Talk Forums - STEP UP AND BE A MAN

Started by PowerMan72, Jun 16, 2009, 10:15 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

PowerMan72

:rolle:
*** LINK TO CAR TALK FORUMS ***

STEP UP AND BE A MAN

Why are there so few men driving the roads?

Somebody tell me.

When my daughter was born, long, long ago, my responsibility for her hit me like nothing ever had before. At that time, I realized her and my wife's vulnerability when they were away from me in our car. I hoped some decent man would come to their aid if it was needed.

But if other men were expected to help my wife, didn't I have to do likewise? It was an epiphany, and since that time, I have pulled over and changed countless flat tires for women, gotten gas for them, even installed a new radiator hose.

What a joy it has been too. What is so easy for a man most women won't even attempt. Denise Hubner would be alive today if a decent man had stopped to help her with her flat tire. After many such men passed her by at night, a monster stopped to abduct and murder her.

So here's the deal: Be a man. Help someone's wife, daughter, mother, sister.

You'll be glad you did. It's important stuff.

Posted by: BozoBama
Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan: "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."

The Gonzman

Fuck that.

I will gladly stop and help such women as I know who have demonstrated their worthiness to be treated like "ladies" by fucking acting like ladies.  First.  Without the expectation of treatment as such.

The rest of them have pissed that away by their silent assent to feminism speaking for them.  That's right, your birthright is gone. 

Want it back?  Earn it.  Until then, you're equal.  Which includes the equal right to kneel down in your good clothes at the side of the road in the dark and the rain and the cold, changing your own fucking tire.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am the MEANEST son-of-a-bitch in the valley.

Galt

I'm finally starting to realize why some men put on full-court shaming tactics for other men to be a "Real Man", even in constructed situations or with odd-ball justifications.

What is implicit in the guy calling for Real-Man-Ness is that he himself is a Real Man.

And he can beam with pride.

-----------

Men should help men and women - out of common courtesy, not chivalry. Women should also help men and women.

Galt

Frankly, I DO see lots of men helping women - I was just outside, and saw some guy helping a woman with her car.

I see less in the way of women helping men - even in situations where women could unarguably help.

Women help children. Men help women and children. Men - they can figure it out themselves.

BRIAN

Fuck that.

I will gladly stop and help such women as I know who have demonstrated their worthiness to be treated like "ladies" by fucking acting like ladies.  First.  Without the expectation of treatment as such.

The rest of them have pissed that away by their silent assent to feminism speaking for them.  That's right, your birthright is gone. 

Want it back?  Earn it.  Until then, you're equal.  Which includes the equal right to kneel down in your good clothes at the side of the road in the dark and the rain and the cold, changing your own fucking tire.

AMEN.

Let me add to that when men don't have to worry about false rape and sexual misconduct charges just for getting involved with a woman maybe more men will stop and give a female a hand.
You may sleep soundly at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence upon those who seek to harm you.

Galt

Most people on that forum seem to think the guy's an idiot.

It's encouraging that society seems to be changing.

The Gonzman

Most people on that forum seem to think the guy's an idiot.

It's encouraging that society seems to be changing.

Look through there, though, and it is evident the guy pulled an Andy Usher and spammed that list with a series of "You're an Asshole!" posts to anyone who disagreed with him.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am the MEANEST son-of-a-bitch in the valley.

Men's Rights Activist

Denise Hubner would be alive today if a decent man had stopped to help her with her flat tire.

And what about all those women in the domestic violence industry (women's industries) who've made decent men wise enough not to stop and fall into some scam perpetrated by a woman, that will destroy a decent man?  Denise Hubner might well be alive today if decent women ran the taxpayer funded domestic violence industry in the western world.  I suspect decent men will continue to wisely drive by women needing assistance, and in growing numbers as long as radical gender feminists are free to witch-hunt all men and blame the misdeeds of a few on the many who are decent.
Life, Liberty, & Pursuit of Happiness are fundamental rights for all (including males), & not contingent on gender feminist approval or denial. Consider my "Independence" from all tyrannical gender feminist ideology "Declared" - Here & Now!

Quentin0352

I help men and women equally when I can so that would mean I am more of a man than him, right? Also i don't care what gender they are, I always ask they do the same for 2 others in return instead of any morey or etc even though many older people offer me some cash. Even if all they can do is make a call for someone, let them sit in a warm car on a cold day in winter or etc, that is all I ask they do in return. I also am teachign my daughter to do her own repairs so she won't have to rely on others if she has a problem. That is why I am saving up for that site that has the salvage cars from insurance companies or hitting a junk yard and she gets to BUILD the mustang she wants!

Men's Rights Activist

"I have pulled over and changed countless flat tires for women, gotten gas for them, even installed a new radiator hose."

Suckkkkeeer!!!!
  Clearly, a guy not aware of the danger he's in, and who's well on his way to being fodder for the gender feminist false accusation machine.
Life, Liberty, & Pursuit of Happiness are fundamental rights for all (including males), & not contingent on gender feminist approval or denial. Consider my "Independence" from all tyrannical gender feminist ideology "Declared" - Here & Now!

Mr. X

"I have pulled over and changed countless flat tires for women, gotten gas for them, even installed a new radiator hose."

Yes and your angel wings are in the mail... promise  :angel4: :angel4: :angel4:
Feminists - "Verbally beating men like dumb animals or ignoring them is all we know and its not working."

Cordell Walker

stop on the side of the road to help a female, so when you stick your head under her hood, her boyfriend can stick his 9 milli in your back and relieve you of yoru wealth
be a man
"how can you kill women and children?"---private joker
"Easy, ya just dont lead em as much" ---Animal Mother

Men's Rights Activist

stop on the side of the road to help a female, so when you stick your head under her hood, her boyfriend can stick his 9 milli in your back and relieve you of yoru wealth
be a man.

Here in Los Angeles, I stopped in a parking garage and was immediately approached by a very sad looking female.   She proceeded to panhandle me for gas money and actually had tears in her eyes.  Of course, Hollywood is only minutes away, and this is arguably the acting capitol of the world.  I moved away from her and said I'd send a security guard to help her and had one in sight.  He saw her and approached her as I walked away.

I saw the guard again after I finished my business and headed for my car.  I asked him what she was up to.  "Yea, he said, "She said she was out of gas so I asked her to show me her car.  She did, but when I went to telephone my boss, she AND HER BOYFRIEND, fled."

Yes, there's one more female I'm really, really glad I didn't help.  I could have easily gotten my head caved in on that one.  I doubt that she would have done time if apprehended.  She's just a helpless female. :dontknow:

Galt

The original poster on that Web site could have been a woman (posing as a man?).

You just don't know on the Internet.

In real life, I am running into fewer and fewer Real Men - like the original poster thinks he is - but a fair number of women who think that men are going to fulfill their traditional duties (or they are going to scream until they do, I guess).

Tony Ananda

>I have pulled over and changed countless flat tires for women, gotten gas for them, even installed a new radiator hose.<

I doubt that very much.  Countless, meaning more than one can count, strikes me as hyperbole.

Let's do some figuring.  If one drives every day and keeps ones eyes peeled for Women Needing Help, how many tires would one change in, say, a year?  I live in a densely populated area and I would say it would be one or two a year at most.  Probably more like one a year. 

This guy is fibbing with his countless angels in distress story.  It just doesn't have face validity.
When the going gets weird, the wierd turn pro.

Go Up