What do men want?

Started by The Gonzman, Nov 25, 2003, 07:39 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

The Gonzman

Much is made on what men want.  Frankly, it's over analyzed.

We men are generally fairly straightforward creatures, and prone to being all business when it comes to the details of life (Which are no fun) and that gives us more time to devote to the business of living life.

So, here's "The Care and Feeding of your Male."

1)  He doesn't like to play bullshit emotional games.  The male feels something, he feels it.  He accepts and deals.  It's pointless to analyze a gut reaction.  He prefers to think about how he reacts to it, not the deep and hidden meanings, which usually are neither anyway.

2)  It's been said that men think about sex 7 times per minute.  That's bunk.  A male thinks about sex only once in his life.  That thought occurs at the onset of puberty, and rarely ends.  Yes, this means that all of your male "friends" have at one time or another thought about getting you in the sack.  Probably many times.  In fact, if you haven't been the object of at least one masturbatory fantasy, you're probably either physically repulsive, or an unspeakable bitch.  Yes, he is looking at your tits and checking out your ass

3) No, men don't want "Hero Worship" because the pedestal is just as uncomfortable for them.  He wants to be useful and wanted.  Both.  If he's wanted without being useful he feels like a kept man, and arm candy.  If he's useful without being wanted, he feels used and taken for granted.  Either way, count on him boinking your best friend.

4)  Your man is a problem solver.  To him, a person who talks about their problems and doesn't want to solve them is just a whiner.

5) Your man will not wish, upon his dying day, that he had done a better job of picking up his socks off the bedroom floor.  With that in mind, he will not give it a second thought while he lives.  Consider this carefully ladies - know any neat-freak men who aren't either control freaks or gay?

6) Make life a chore and soon the "relationship" will be a chore too.

7) Since men are better able to detatch and compartmentalize parts of ther life due to their brain structure, it often takes them a bit of time to shut one part of the grey matter off and start another one up.  This is referred to in the vernacular as "unwinding."  Respect it.  

8)  No, you're not being ignored.  Thousands of years of evolution and adaptation have turned your hunter male into a creature able to shut out all other external stimuli and concentrate on one thing to the exclusion of all else.  To the hunter after the deer, the birds flying overhead are registered as "not deer" and dismissed and forgotton without even conscious volition.  You will have to accept that you have to get his attention first.  Those thousands of yeaars of evolution will not be undone because Oprah and Dr. Phil say it should be in the latter half on the 20th century.

9)  Your male has to compete with other males, and is totally disinterested in competing with you in the slightest.  He doesn't even want to play tic-tac-toe with you.  If you force him to compete with you, he will regard you as one of the guys, because he plays to win, and you aren't supposed to "beat up" on girls.  He can only play, then, if he regards you as "not-girl."

10) Your male regards crying as emotional extortion.  Abuse it and expect to be regarded and treated as a criminal.

11) If you use sex as a medium of exchange to get what you want, you will be regarded as a prostitute

12)  Humans are hunter-gatherers.  The male is the hunter half of this equation.  This makes him a predator.  This is a profound truth.

13)  Laugh at male-bonding all you want.  By bonding with other males, he makes them part of his tribe, and he can then kick the competition instinct down.  This means he has to have time with them, without the presence of the female.

14) Males possess a strong fight or flight instinct.  If he moves to leave, let him.  He is leaving because he is stomping his "fight" instinct into the ground.  If you don't let him retreat, you are inviting him to fight.  And as politically incorrect as it is, it does mean you are asking for it.

15)  Words are cheap to a man, just sounds, just tools.  Things like saying "I love you" or "I'm sorry" don't impress him to utter or hear uttered.  Any schmuck can say words.  Show him and let him show you.

16) And finally, it is the nature of competition that one uses all of his opponent's weaknesses against him.  This means that your male cannot fathom at all why you would ever confess your weaknesses to your girlfriends.  This is why men keep certain parts of their lives from even their close friends - IT'S NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS.  He won't appreciate you sharing his secrets with your girlfriends, your mother, your sister, or the hens at the coffee klatch.  If he shares with you it is because he feels safe.  There are fewer betrayals to a man more unforgivable than to use what he shares with you as a weapon later, or if he finds out you've betrayed the husband-wife confidence.  At best, he will just clam up on you from that point on.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am the MEANEST son-of-a-bitch in the valley.

Murphy

That was a very profound post Gonzo! By the way,  did you mean to say 'He will just clam up on you' and not ' never clam up on you from that point on?'
Thank you for that post, it was a good read.

Setaseba

5) Your man will not wish, upon his dying day, that he had done a better job of picking up his socks off the bedroom floor. With that in mind, he will not give it a second thought while he lives. Consider this carefully ladies - know any neat-freak men who aren't either control freaks or gay?

Yeah, me. Just 'cause you're a slob don't lump the rest of us in with you :lol:

The Gonzman

Quote from: "Murphy"
That was a very profound post Gonzo! By the way,  did you mean to say 'He will just clam up on you' and not ' never clam up on you from that point on?'
Thank you for that post, it was a good read.

Yeah, that's what I did mean to say.  Graci.  Now changing.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am the MEANEST son-of-a-bitch in the valley.

The Gonzman

Quote from: "Jimbo"
5) Your man will not wish, upon his dying day, that he had done a better job of picking up his socks off the bedroom floor. With that in mind, he will not give it a second thought while he lives. Consider this carefully ladies - know any neat-freak men who aren't either control freaks or gay?

Yeah, me. Just 'cause you're a slob don't lump the rest of us in with you :lol:

Jimbo, ever consider that it might be maybe you are a control-freak? :evillaugh:

Setaseba

<<Jimbo, ever consider that it might be maybe you are a control-freak? :evillaugh:>>

Nope, never even once :lol: Incidently, I don't think you should be allowed to say things like that.

The Gonzman

:dropsocks:

So there. :jump2:

Setaseba

I was raised mostly by my grandmother. A woman who believed that throwing ANYTHING away was an act of sacriledge second only to taking a whiz in the baptismal font. That woman had letters that dated back to the pony express era. Living in a sea of useless crap made me the neat-freak I am today.

nebulousone

I was raised mostly by my grandmother. A woman who believed that throwing ANYTHING away was an act of sacriledge second only to taking a whiz in the baptismal font.

You too?  My grandmother was the same way...especially with food.  I think it comes from having lived through the depression and having had to go without.  Throwing food away was Grandma's sacriledge.

Oh, that and don't you dare eat anything from the cabinet or fridge without clearing it with her first.  If she goes to get that item and it's gone....there will be hell to pay.
i]Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be.[/i]
~Abraham Lincoln

Setaseba

Quote from: "nebulousone"
You too?  My grandmother was the same way...especially with food.  I think it comes from having lived through the depression and having had to go without.  Throwing food away was Grandma's sacriledge.

Yeah, food was often scarce and I was raised to clean every last bit off my plate. She used to give me a slice of bread with every meal so that I could literally clean my plate with it. :lol: Oddly enough, it completely fries me when I see someone leave a plate half full. Don't these people know there are children starving in Africa? :wink:

Murphy

A plate that is properly served will always be cleaned. My grandfather always said he didn't care how much we ate but we had BETTER eat WHAT we take.

Setaseba

Quote from: "Murphy"
A plate that is properly served will always be cleaned. My grandfather always said he didn't care how much we ate but we had BETTER eat WHAT we take.

A good approach. My approach with the kids was that they didn't have to eat everything but they had to eat some of everything. Balanced diet and all that. Believe it or not it actually worked. I never had any trouble getting them to eat stuff they found obnoxious because they knew they didn't have to eat it all. As it turns out, they now enjoy brussel sprouts, liver and lots of other things that most kids won't touch.

Nichov

Why does everyone constantly try to decide what 'men' want or what 'women' want... hey, they don't all want the same thing... GOD!  WHEN WILL WE GET BEYOND CATAGORIZATION?!?!?

Ohh, let me just give you the stupid answer:  Men just want sex.

Happy now?  You've solved the great mystery of the universe.  

Seriously though, you can't begin a true sentence with "Men want."  Whatever your answer, you will probably find atleast one man who doesn't want it.  On the other hand, technically men only necessarily means more than one man, and by that understanding you could say, but by if you mean to say all men, or men in general, it's just silly to try.
Society does not have the right to discriminate against victims of domestic violence because of their gender."  - www.amen.ie

Daymar

How about "what the vast majority of men in America want", would that work?

Here's your degenderization thing again. By your logic we should depolarize everything for a minority. Sure, in the population there's 0.0000001% or less of men out there that wish they were women but would you choose to please 20,000 people or 1?

Setaseba

Quote from: "Nichov"
Why does everyone constantly try to decide what 'men' want or what 'women' want... hey, they don't all want the same thing... GOD!  WHEN WILL WE GET BEYOND CATAGORIZATION?!?!?

Ohh, let me just give you the stupid answer:  Men just want sex.

Happy now?  You've solved the great mystery of the universe.  

Seriously though, you can't begin a true sentence with "Men want."  Whatever your answer, you will probably find atleast one man who doesn't want it.  On the other hand, technically men only necessarily means more than one man, and by that understanding you could say, but by if you mean to say all men, or men in general, it's just silly to try.

I think we're all aware of that Nic - oh g-d! Did I just generalise? :shock: Sorry! Sorry!

You can't have a discussion about what men want without discussing what men want. Of course it's not universal - we're not a bunch of dummys you know.

Go Up