Palin resigns

Started by Mr. X, Jul 04, 2009, 11:34 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Mr. X

Jul 04, 2009, 11:34 PM Last Edit: Jul 04, 2009, 11:38 PM by Mr. X
I'm extremely livid because as far as I am concerned Palin left because of the attacks, attacks FAR WORSE than done to males.

But here's the real sad thing. Now women will be extra scared of running for office. What happened to Hillary? Ferraro? Carline Kennedy? Condi Rice? Palin? If I were a woman I would be seriously frightened of ever running.

What happened to Palin is equivalent to putting a burning cross on a black man's lawn to scare blacks from ever running for office.

I'm pretty damn livid. This is a huge step backwards for people in general. I may have my disagreements with women in general but I do not favor an environment of fear and intimidation and attacks against a gender to the point where they will never consider running for office.

Imagine going to a school and telling young girls "hey look what happened to the other women in politics, still want to be a politician?"

Also sad is a BBQ I went to today in which the liberal women there nearly applauded that Palin resigned. Here is a few lines

"You know she was just pulling that cutsie act"
"What a stupid bimbo"
"That woman is so dumb?
"Stupid slut"

And this from liberal woman. Great solidarity there ladies.

Women have a long way to go. Only sad thing is its themselves who are the bad guy and now girls will be a hell of a lot more scared to ever run for office. If I were a woman I would be screaming mad that the people who claim to be against misogyny and objectifying women have now made politics so fightening women won't run. Women should be screaming mad about this. But instead They'll probably sit back and listen to a gay man like Perez Hilton tell them they are fat, dumb sluts.
Feminists - "Verbally beating men like dumb animals or ignoring them is all we know and its not working."

SIAM

What attacks? You surely don't mean the ones back in October/November 2008 during the election campaigns? According to my calendar we're in July 2009 now.  Seriously, what recent attacks are you talking about?

Men's Rights Activist

Jul 05, 2009, 01:48 AM Last Edit: Jul 05, 2009, 04:55 AM by Men's Rights Activist
Nasty, "get Palin" rumors abound in leftist circles.

http://www.adn.com/palin/story/853746.html
They've resurfaced on many Web sites this weekend following her abrupt announcement she will resign from office in three weeks.

and

Gov. Sarah Palin's personal attorney issued a statement Saturday denouncing rumors that Palin resigned because she is under criminal investigation and threatening legal action for publishing "defamatory" material about the governor.  "I can say definitively I am aware of no criminal investigation whatsoever involving Sarah Palin. Zero," Palin's attorney, Thomas Van Flein, said in a phone interview as he attended the Fourth of July festivities on the Delaney Park Strip in Anchorage.

and

Earlier in the day, Palin's personal spokeswoman, Meg Stapleton, sent out a statement from Van Flein attacking "false and defamatory allegations that the 'real' reasons for Governor Palin's resignation stem from an alleged criminal investigation pertaining to the construction of the Wasilla Sports Complex."

Rumors that Palin steered contracts for the 2003 construction of the Wasilla Sports Complex before leaving office as Wasilla mayor the previous fall, in return for work building her home about the same time, have been around at least since the vice presidential campaign last fall.

and

Van Flein wrote in his Saturday letter that the Palin family built the Lake Lucille house using Palin's husband, Todd, as general contractor. It said Todd "is no stranger to construction."

"The Palins used a combination of personal savings, equity from the sale of their private home, and conventional bank financing to build the house, like millions of American families" Van Flein wrote.

IMO, I think George W. took a lot more heat throughout his time in offce, than did Palin.  Palin's family has received unprecedented attack, IMO.  The Letterman flap of a couple of weeks ago is notable and may have been the final straw for Palin, IMO.

Politics is dirty business.  Given that women have different traits and habits than men, it may seem sexist, when controversial comments arise, but perhaps the comments are more political than, sexist, or even personal, IMO.

Given how little has been said about Obama, and even Biden, when an abundance of material is available on them, indicates the great leftist political bias that exists in our mass media, IMO.
Life, Liberty, & Pursuit of Happiness are fundamental rights for all (including males), & not contingent on gender feminist approval or denial. Consider my "Independence" from all tyrannical gender feminist ideology "Declared" - Here & Now!

Tony Ananda

>attacks FAR WORSE than done to males.<

Excuse me Mr. X, but you're just plain full of it here.  Vanity Fair, for example, did the same kind of hit piece on Bill Clinton about a year ago, all about how unhinged he had become.

I didn't see a thread about that article here.  You weren't outraged about that.  So you can just STFU now.
When the going gets weird, the wierd turn pro.

Gungerassa

We need a president with guts, so if Palin can't stand the heat, it's better for her to get out of the fire now.

User 0

Excuse me Mr. X, but you're just plain full of it here.  Vanity Fair, for example, did the same kind of hit piece on Bill Clinton about a year ago, all about how unhinged he had become.

Excellent logic.  Compare a single article on a has been to a pervasive offensive by the media on someone who actually has a future.

I didn't see a thread about that article here.  You weren't outraged about that.  So you can just STFU now.

Oh.  Oh, excuse me.  I apologize.  I take back what I said.  The overwhelming power of your closing arguement has crushed any thoughts of disagreeing with you.

OR

No, u!

Pick whichever you like better.

Mr. X

Yeah lke USer said. One article is not constant attacks. MSNBC's whole line up revolves around ridiculing Palin on the lamest of stuff. I don't recall anyone making jokes about Obama's daughters especially about them getting knocked up in center field during a baseball game. No one accuses Obama of porking his own daughters.

Also Bill Clinton did have affairs in the white house. He opened that door.

So NO I won't STFU. Thanks to this more women will think twice before ever running for office.
Feminists - "Verbally beating men like dumb animals or ignoring them is all we know and its not working."

Men's Rights Activist

We need a president with guts, so if Palin can't stand the heat, it's better for her to get out of the fire now.

Not only that, but in the last presidential election cycle she acquiesced badly to several radical feminist myths;  the glass ceiling, and the wage gap myth are examples.  I do not see Palin's election to higher office in any way helping to correct the misandrist laws and policies used to persecute American males.  I recall her using the term "good old boys network" in one of her speeches as well.  With other comments she made she made it sound as if there were male privilege being extended to males in this misandrist country, instead of the rampant persecution that we all know is the modus operandi of many laws and policies in man-hating AmeriKa.

As much as I despise the man-hating left for overwhelmingly being the primary force destroying the lives of American males, Palin is far from a solution to that problem, IMO.
Life, Liberty, & Pursuit of Happiness are fundamental rights for all (including males), & not contingent on gender feminist approval or denial. Consider my "Independence" from all tyrannical gender feminist ideology "Declared" - Here & Now!

Gungerassa

MRA, you are probably right. 

My biggest issue right now it illegal immigration.  I asked Palin's stand at her web site, the local and national RNC headquarters....I did not get an answer, so I conclude she is pro-illegal and hiding it. 

That means she could very well be hiding a pro-feminist agenda too.

fratstar

Some of the low points in palin coverage: 
Getting the 18 yr ex-boyfriend on Larry King and asking him if he did "it" in the governers mansion.
The hack piece on huffington post about "palin going to run for president on a pro retard message"
The statutory rape joke about the 14 year old on D.Letterman

Rember the outrage when rush limbaugh compared chelsie clinton to a dog?   

Mr. X

Has anyone ever found a clip of Rush comparing Chelsie to a dog?

Oh and don't forget:
Todd porking Bristol and that's where Trigg came from.
Palin having an affair.
The clothing-gate. Gee not like anyone questioned Hillary's outfits or Michelle Obama. I wonder how much Michelle's stuff costs being the new fashion queen.

And these were in the mainstream media.... not some crap posted on a blog though that's where it got started.

Cordell Walker

I just heard somethin that makes me feel sorry for sarah palin.
I dont have a lin, but someone on another site was saying that this levi guy, the baby's daddy, is going around saying he heard her say somethin about taking the money from a book deal and runnin
what a punk
like someone else mentioned, hoebama had book deals before he was ever in office
IMO takin the money from a book deal is the smartest thing she can do
elected office on a national level isnt in her future I dont think, but she will be a kinda red state america jessie or al
"how can you kill women and children?"---private joker
"Easy, ya just dont lead em as much" ---Animal Mother

Go Up