Off to Valhalla

Started by The Gonzman, Jul 24, 2009, 03:40 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

The Gonzman

Well, my annual vacation in Valhalla is upon me; though I will have my wireless card with me, battery life will be dear.

Though I might spend a few minutes on ya'll, worthless schmucks that you are.  If I am not too busy cracking some skulls, and throwing down some whoopass.  Not to mention the drinking and wenching.

God, it's a rough life.  So hard to be me.

People are about to be Gonzified.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am the MEANEST son-of-a-bitch in the valley.

PowerMan72

:notworthy:

Mongol General: Hao! Dai ye! We won again! This is good, but what is best in life?

Mongol: The open steppe, fleet horse, falcons at your wrist, and the wind in your hair.

Mongol General: Wrong! Conan! What is best in life?

Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

Mongol General: That is good! That is good.
Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan: "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."

Virtue

Mnnnn Drinking and wenching !
Imagine waking up tomorrow to find
that unbelievably rape is now legal.

You would be freaking out, telling everyone you ran into this is crazy- something needs to be done... now!!! And then every man you told this to just very smugly and condescendingly says...

"Hey... not all men are 'like that.'"

CaptDMO

Pictures!!!!!
I could care less about ones of Gonz, but... about those generally immodest
"cheerleaders"....;-)

Find out what would the organizers think concerning um..liability...with a "mechanical gauntlet" type amusement much similar to the one seen in "First Knight"!

It's GOT to be more fun, and certainly supply more bragging scars, than a "Mechanical Bull" or a May Pole.   

PowerMan72

Hmmm, I just re-imagined that scene that Conan was describing with some of the more prominent feminazis fleeing before the horses. Yes indeed that would be fun. Especially if Biden were among them!
Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan: "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."

SouthernGuy

Gonz, you seem like an awesome guy and I like your attitudes and opinions on almost every MRA issue. That being said, the whole renaissance fair thing seems like Dungeons & Dragons for adults. I just don't know about that...

CaptDMO

That being said, the whole renaissance fair thing seems like Dungeons & Dragons for adults. I just don't know about that...

As opposed to...
working out at the gym?
watching college volley ball on Tee Vee?
spending Sunday morning in bed with the NYT Book Review?
4 hours scowering Daily Kos, Huffington, F****isting, You Tube, Face book, Twitter,.....

While I'm too much of a pussy for the Anacronism scene etc., I'm jealous of the whole
actually doing something physical thing. I never even got so much as a paper cut from D and D. The stuff Gonz (well, and Assault, in a different venue)is doing generally requires cold packs, bandages, and in the best case scenario-adult beverages with ones recent nemisis- to recover from the fun.

And there sure as hell weren't any bystanders-of-the-opposite-gender, dressed in regalia often seen in  Heavy Metal magazine,  hooting and hollering as  I rolled twenty sided dice,  and penciled in data on graph paper.

Besides, turkey legs, lamb skewers,  pork off the half carcass, and ale, beats Hot Pockets and Mountain Dew  ANY day. ;-)       

no2fembots

That being said, the whole renaissance fair thing seems like Dungeons & Dragons for adults. I just don't know about that...

As opposed to...
working out at the gym?
watching college volley ball on Tee Vee?
spending Sunday morning in bed with the NYT Book Review?
4 hours scowering Daily Kos, Huffington, F****isting, You Tube, Face book, Twitter,.....

While I'm too much of a pussy for the Anacronism scene etc., I'm jealous of the whole
actually doing something physical thing. I never even got so much as a paper cut from D and D. The stuff Gonz (well, and Assault, in a different venue)is doing generally requires cold packs, bandages, and in the best case scenario-adult beverages with ones recent nemisis- to recover from the fun.

And there sure as hell weren't any bystanders-of-the-opposite-gender, dressed in regalia often seen in  Heavy Metal magazine,  hooting and hollering as  I rolled twenty sided dice,  and penciled in data on graph paper.

Besides, turkey legs, lamb skewers,  pork off the half carcass, and ale, beats Hot Pockets and Mountain Dew  ANY day. ;-)       

Totally MANLY to boot!

Break a leg, Gonz!  (the OTHER guys leg, that is!)
"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give."  - Winston Churchill

"Get Angry...Get Loud... GET UP off your KNEES!"

Virtue

Gonz, you seem like an awesome guy and I like your attitudes and opinions on almost every MRA issue. That being said, the whole renaissance fair thing seems like Dungeons & Dragons for adults. I just don't know about that...

I am sure Gonz or any SCA member would gladly invite you to get armored up and get whacked with rattan baseball bats.

THEN come back and see if you agree with your previous statements.

You would be freaking out, telling everyone you ran into this is crazy- something needs to be done... now!!! And then every man you told this to just very smugly and condescendingly says...

The Gonzman

Well, I'm back, and besides the dislocated ankle (Duct tape braces ROCK) I had on last Monday, it was a foine, foine two weeks of drinking and feasting, and drinking, and fighting, and drinking, and wenching....

It's a good time when you can send multiple people away from your camp after rounds of home-brewed beer, mead, and hooch saying "No mas! No mas!"

Very cathartic.  I needed that.  Even Amanda Marcotte would have to work hard to piss me off right now.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am the MEANEST son-of-a-bitch in the valley.

Virtue

We need pics of the wenches !

The Gonzman

The Gonzman

Oddly enough, I used to spend summers touring Ren Faires on the weekends as a combat performer; stage combat as opposed to the stuff I do now, which is its own martial art.  Not bad money, and fun - theatre in the round, and on duty and in character at all times - but it is a different thing.

Well, until the corporations came along and sucked the joy out of it, as armies of pencil pushers, bean counters, and lawyers are wont to do.

CaptDMO

SOoooo...where are the cheerleaders?
I KNOW you stingy bastards are thick as thieves when it comes to event photo sharing.
What's the link to  "09"

Mr. Bad

That's a hellatious game of Whack-a-Mole you've got going on there Gonz!  :yikes:

Better him than me...
"Men in teams... got the human species from caves to palaces. When we watch men's teams at work, we pay homage to 10,000 years of male achievements; a record of vision, ingenuity and Herculean labor that feminism has been too mean-spirited to acknowledge."  Camille Paglia

Go Up