Wine-tasting

Started by Galt, Nov 27, 2003, 06:06 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Galt

I had the pleasure to renew my interest tonight in an excellent wine ... Night Train, best tasted with cheese to clean the palate.  If you can get past the screw cap and the extremely bitter, unpleasant taste, it's an excellent wine .... whether served with fish or beef, in social interaction, or just to pass the time on a long trip home.

Galt

My other personal favorites are Fuzzel, Strawberry Hill and Mad Dog.

Are there any better wines out there??

Setaseba

Quote from: "Galt"
My other personal favorites are Fuzzel, Strawberry Hill and Mad Dog.

Are there any better wines out there??

I'm strictly a beer man. I wouldn't know a good wine from a bad one. Of course, after a six-pack or two it really doesn't matter what it tastes like. 8)

Galt

<<I wouldn't know a good wine from a bad one.>>

Well, I heard some I-talian people (especially the worst ones - from Florence) talking about this Chianti stuff.  I spoze it's OK.

Galt

My personal opinion is that I'm GLAD that I can't distinguish differences in wine past about $5 .... otherwise, my lifestyle would probably get too expensive.  I'm thrilled that I can't taste anything better beyond a certain level.  I suppose that I have to admit that I DO detect a difference between Night Train and a bottle of Chianti.

nebulousone

Night train?

Why not go for gold and head straight for the cough syrup?
i]Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be.[/i]
~Abraham Lincoln

Setaseba

Quote from: "Galt"
My personal opinion is that I'm GLAD that I can't distinguish differences in wine past about $5 ....

IMO people who spend a good deal of time and money obsessing about wines, gourmet food etc probably have too much time and money.

Galt

<<Why not go for gold and head straight for the cough syrup?>>

Too expensive.  When I'm out of cash, paint thinner, hair spray and turpentine serve the purpose.

nebulousone

Well you could always switch to huffing-spray paint's still pretty cheap isn't it?
~Abraham Lincoln

Daymar

cunegund

http://www.tcsn.net/rags/bum/

There's actually a ranking of this stuff...

I love wine...but I don't obsess...I don't know anyone who obessess over wine.  Wine =  Good for me :)

The Gonzman

I'm partial to Mead myself, or what's called braggot.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am the MEANEST son-of-a-bitch in the valley.

Bilbo

I'm partial to bong water.

Chilled, bong water.
It is impossible to reason a man out of something he was never reasoned into in the first place- Swift

"The cardinal principle of judicial restraint--if it is not necessary to decide more, it is necessary not to decide more."

nebulousone

Um, ew?

:vomit3:
~Abraham Lincoln

The Gonzman

And for a real treat, Bilbo uses hot dog water for his bong.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am the MEANEST son-of-a-bitch in the valley.

Go Up