previous topic - next topic
Go Down

outdoors

Lesson for entitlements

The late Dr. Adrian Rogers, 1931 - 2005

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy
out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another
person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to
anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work
because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other
half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is
going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of
any nation."

Captain Courageous

You are right about one major thing ... what we call entitlements were originally conceived to give someone who is down and out a break ... a boost up. I can remember offering job assistance to people who made more money off-the-books, in illegal pursuits, than the salaries offered for entry-level employment.
As one of them put it to me, "I make more money in a month than you make in a whole year." I say entitlements should be kept for those who really experience serious or severe misfortune. Graft, incompetence and nepotism ruin the overall picture.

Mr. X

I say entitlements should be kept for those who really experience serious or severe misfortune.
That is a paradox though because people like that dig themselves out of poverty by themselves because they won't take assistance. We have such stories here on this board. I believe Mr. LSBeene has done this with his life. So the irony is anyone who truly is honorable will dig themselves out of poverty through hard work... at least as long as we have a country that supports this concept. Put as the quote says, as soon as 51% figure out they can vote 49% to support them we are doomed.
Feminists - "Verbally beating men like dumb animals or ignoring them is all we know and its not working."

BRIAN

Bottom Line:

The leach class has no "Right" to the wealth I work hard to produce.
You may sleep soundly at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence upon those who seek to harm you.

Pat Kibbon

"The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money."

Alexis de Tocqueville
"We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paper work is overwhelming."

dr e

"The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money."

Alexis de Tocqueville

Great quote.  Damn.
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

Go Up