Misandrist buttons

Started by Amber, Nov 30, 2003, 05:56 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Amber

I don't know why I'm posting these other than to shed light.

All courtesy of Nikki Craft at http://www.nostatusquo.com/ACLU/marketplace/buttons/index.html

<--- This one really irritates me

<--- Just in case you can't see it, "What I'm saying is that everyone of us has the responsibility to be the womean that Marc Lepine wanted to murder.--Andrea Dworkin"

<---"Whatever Intercourse is, it is not freedom; and if it cannot exist without objectification, it will never be.--Andrea Dworkin"

And the only that explains all of this ...

he men's movement is a hate movement.  

What feminism is to men; the men's rights movement is to women.

Men's rights activists blame misandry for all their problems in the same way that feminists blame the patriarchy.

The only thing men's rights activists are good at is abusing women.  

And you can quote me on that.  :D

Peter

Try replacing those men with women, African-Americans, Mexicans, Chinese...
BM-NByw7VE2PwjfTtsVdeE5ipuqx1AqkEv1

Peter

So much pussy, so little love.

What I'm saying is that everyone of us has the responsibility to be the sweet, modest woman that Andrea Dworkin failed to be.
BM-NByw7VE2PwjfTtsVdeE5ipuqx1AqkEv1

Murphy

I don't see why she is posting them either, I have yet to see one IRL. But I guess there are many ways to keep the hightened level of false security and discontent with the female population going strong, and this is just one of them.  :roll:

neoteny

Quote from: "Murphy"
[...] discontent with the female population [...]

Since when is Nikki Craft and her misandrist ilk equals "the female population"?
The spreading of information about the [quantum] system through the [classical] environment is ultimately responsible for the emergence of "objective reality." 

Wojciech Hubert Zurek: Decoherence, einselection, and the quantum origins of the classical

Amber

Craft says the purpose of these buttons is to (paraphrase) "push the bounds of free speech ... so people will understand why some speech needs monitored."

Clever.  :roll:
he men's movement is a hate movement.  

What feminism is to men; the men's rights movement is to women.

Men's rights activists blame misandry for all their problems in the same way that feminists blame the patriarchy.

The only thing men's rights activists are good at is abusing women.  

And you can quote me on that.  :D

Murphy

Since when is she the sponsor for all women and when have you ever seen of these in real life? Who cares what that bunch does, do you hide under your covers with a flashlight at night just because there are a handful of buttons out there with nasty little sayings on them. Gaaawwwd, get a hold of yourselves. :shock:

neoteny

Since when is she the sponsor for all women and when have you ever seen of these in real life? Who cares what that bunch does, do you hide under your covers with a flashlight at night just because there are a handful of buttons out there with nasty little sayings on them. Gaaawwwd, get a hold of yourselves. :shock:

To paraphrase Gertrude Stein: "a nag is a nag is a nag..." ;-)
The spreading of information about the [quantum] system through the [classical] environment is ultimately responsible for the emergence of "objective reality." 

Wojciech Hubert Zurek: Decoherence, einselection, and the quantum origins of the classical

InternetDevil

But given that no one takes Craft seriously, all that misandry is not dangerous.  Someone who is not in touch with reality can not hurt real people.

REALLY DANGEROUS misandry is holding men to higher moral expectation then women and expecting men to stick by their traditional roles while women change theirs.

NealGold

REALLY DANGEROUS misandry is holding men to higher moral expectation then women and expecting men to stick by their traditional roles while women change theirs.

You have no idea, Dev, just how perfectly you summated the causative demise of my marriage.
A man conscious of his strength, observes Nietzsche, need have no fear of women. It is only the man who finds himself utterly helpless in the face of feminine cajolery that must cry, "Get thee behind me, Satan!" and flee. The normal, healthy man...still keeps a level head. He is strong enough to weather the sexual storm. But the man who cannot do this, who experiences no normal reaction in the direction of guardedness and caution and reason, must either abandon himself utterly as a helpless slave to woman's instinct of race-preservation, and so become a bestial voluptuary, or avoid temptation altogether and so become a celibate." -- H.L. Mencken on Nietzsche's philosophy of women

closetrightyNYC

Do you read people's threads just to bitch, or what?  You seemed real cool when you responded to my posts--what happened? If you don't like a thread, don't respond--might help you feel better.  Just a thought.

Those buttons are a sad story. Much like the "Boys are stupid--Throw rocks at them" that teenage girls are encouraged to wear.  Replace that with "blacks," 'jews" etc, and you'd get yourself thrown out of school.
acist, Sexist, Anti-Straight
Left-wing Freaks, Stop your Hate!

Murphy

I don't feel bad, I responded the way I felt like responding, There is no way you are going to pass off to me that *I* am some sort of over reactionary with the likes of, well, you know, posting here.  :roll:

Gawwwwddd...I see the back door open people, but I'm not leaving until I'm pushed, ok? I could do just fine if the partisan anti Murphy prejiduce wasn't so damned obvious. I have been doing just as others do, don't dis me because those around me single me out. :?

closetrightyNYC

I don't feel bad, I responded the way I felt like responding, There is no way you are going to pass off to me that *I* am some sort of over reactionary with the likes of, well, you know, posting here.  :roll:

Gawwwwddd...I see the back door open people, but I'm not leaving until I'm pushed, ok? I could do just fine if the partisan anti Murphy prejiduce wasn't so damned obvious. I have been doing just as others do, don't dis me because those around me single me out. :?

Well from my end, it wasn't an attack--all I was saying is that if reading/posting here stresses you out so, then why read/post?  My comment was more for you than for me. *shrug*
acist, Sexist, Anti-Straight
Left-wing Freaks, Stop your Hate!

Murphy

Oh now I get it, if I try to post here and get my ass rode like a bucking bronco for stating my opinion like everyone else, I have to sign off before I post in a way that makes it seem to you that I am stressed out?  And you just wanted to point that out for my sake.

Yea, ok, I'll keep that in mind. :roll:

Daymar

All I can say is, ignore is a kick ass option and I wish you guys would stop quoting muphy's posts.

Go Up