CNN/Time double teaming

Started by Sorry Isnt Good Enough, Oct 20, 2009, 09:19 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Sorry Isnt Good Enough

so I'm enjoying a few days off in beautiful Encinitas, CA.  I don't get cable in my apartment, and I wake up in my hotel to "A Woman's Nation", some kind of panel discussion show on CNN, where they are seriously discussing topics such as women getting less sleep lately and reporting more depression.  I don't think anything of it until I am walking along the shore later that day to get some water in the 7/11 and see the cover of TIME, "THE STATE OF THE AMERICAN WOMAN", MORE POWERFUL, LESS HAPPY, with a morose b/w image of a female gripping her forehead in distress.

random event, or a cooridinated media agenda?  I report, you decide.....
"To my considerable chagrin, we found that at least 60 percent of all the rape allegations were false." --Dr. Charles P. McDowell, Supervisory Special Agent, U.S. Air Force, Office of Special Investigations.

Mr. X

Wow we men must be all happy and satisfied cause they NEVER run a story about us guys being so depressed we want to eat a gun.
Feminists - "Verbally beating men like dumb animals or ignoring them is all we know and its not working."

SIAM

And the funny thing is, Dr E warns us on these boards when WE generalise about women!  :occasion18:

Quentin0352

This relates to a new study out and even Rush was talking about it. I saw on the new where women were complaining about it and how if men would just step up and do more work around the house without beinasked it would solve everything. Three women sat around complaining and joking how men just need to be given directions, we are lazy around the house and all the rest.

In other words, women are unhappy because of men pretty much summed up what these women were saying.

Virtue

And the funny thing is, Dr E warns us on these boards when WE generalise about women! 

Thats because Dr E holds those who post here to a higher standard.....Just like (in theory) how police are held to a higher standard.

Imagine waking up tomorrow to find
that unbelievably rape is now legal.

You would be freaking out, telling everyone you ran into this is crazy- something needs to be done... now!!! And then every man you told this to just very smugly and condescendingly says...

"Hey... not all men are 'like that.'"

FP

This is all about a new report from Maria Shriver and Center for American Progress on women, "The Women's Nation" or whatever. It hit the sunday news show meet the press this week (I posted about it sunday) so its all hitting the news networks. I saw a bit of a panel discussion on CNN with Anderson Cooper (maybe what you saw). He had Suze Orman, Huffington and some other gal all spouting the typical "women have it so hard" deal.

Men's Rights Activist

Oct 21, 2009, 10:52 AM Last Edit: Oct 21, 2009, 10:55 AM by Men's Rights Activist
I was having breakfast and the restaurant had a TV on CNN.  Yep, woman's nation started playing.  Ironically, a woman customer in the restaurant complained.   We had a discussion and I said, "It's not news.  It's an agenda disguised as news.  It's really propaganda."  The woman customer agreed and said, "Yes, and I'm sick of hearing it."

Of course, it likely all stems from Maria's (and Arnold's) big Long Beach, CA event.
http://www.californiawomen.org/the-womens-conference/

If America is a woman's nation, what does that say about the status of men, or more accurately a lack of any status for men.  Oh, that's right there's no Commission on the Status of Men, in the U.S., unless that one in New Hampshire is still around.  But women have had a Commission on the Status of Women, since Elenore Roosevelt and John Kennedy started the first one back in the 60's.  I've heard Maria brag about Uncle Jack and the first commission for women before.
http://www.gwu.edu/~erpapers/teachinger/images/er-jfk.jpg

http://www.wgbhalumni.org/_images/zebra/jfk-er_1.jpg
Life, Liberty, & Pursuit of Happiness are fundamental rights for all (including males), & not contingent on gender feminist approval or denial. Consider my "Independence" from all tyrannical gender feminist ideology "Declared" - Here & Now!

wractor

What's interesting is that so many women are desperate to get married, but once they ARE, studies reveal that their happiness in all areas declines (and why? They've got a protector, roommate, handyman, concierge, etc) ...meanwhile, the happiness of married MEN goes UP, which I can't understand for the life of me.
"If you're going through Hell...Keep Going."--Winston Churchill.
(Sites by KK: www.RockHerWorld.Net, www.Focusgroup.ning.com)

Galt

Oct 21, 2009, 12:05 PM Last Edit: Oct 21, 2009, 12:15 PM by Galt

What's interesting is that so many women are desperate to get married, but once they ARE, studies reveal that their happiness in all areas declines (and why? They've got a protector, roommate, handyman, concierge, etc) ...meanwhile, the happiness of married MEN goes UP, which I can't understand for the life of me.

I've wondered that too, but ...

1. A lot (really, a surprising amount) of men want to be in the harness. They go to work for 9 hours a day, get told what to do by the boss, and then come home and get told what to do by the more draconian boss.

2. People with agendas are mostly looking into social issues today. I would absolutely not believe everything I read on a social issue.

Even some scientists occasionally fake their results to prove their pet theories. They are mostly caught because science is very objective and you just repeat the experiment (like cold fusion). Social sciences are too touchy-feely for that. A lot of "researchers" won't even reveal their raw data - and I wouldn't believe it anyway.

Sorry Isnt Good Enough

Leave it to Angry Harry to have a spot on article posted on his front page explaining both "Woman's Nation" and the TIME piece that buttressed it:

http://mensnewsdaily.com/2009/10/17/maria-shriver-alimony-terminator/
"To my considerable chagrin, we found that at least 60 percent of all the rape allegations were false." --Dr. Charles P. McDowell, Supervisory Special Agent, U.S. Air Force, Office of Special Investigations.

dr e

Speaking for my self, life is much more enjoyable when I have a loving partner at my side.  I can understand the male response very well but the female response of feeling worse is a bit more interesting.  I think it is related to the cultural expectation that women should "have it all."  It you drill into a group that they should have everything they will, by necessity, feel deprived since no one can have it all.  In some ways I think women are being set up and they are falling for it hook, line, and sinker.
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

Galt

Speaking for my self, life is much more enjoyable when I have a loving partner at my side. 

I don't think anyone would disagree with that. The problem is that there are trade-offs to get that. As a matter of personal taste, some feel that what you have to give up, and accept, and do for that situation is not worth it, others feel that it is worth it. It also depends on the particular woman - if you get constantly nagged, it's not worth it.

I believe you when you say that you have a very good relationship. I also think there are other good marriages out there. But the divorce rate doesn't tell the whole story about the misery index in marriage. I know that lots and lots of men are unhappy and trapped, and they didn't see it coming.

Galt

Many (most?) marriages I see have kind of turned into a low-level bickering, uneasy truce after enough years of marriage.

Galt

Another negative aspect to marriage is that no man - no matter how much of a Donna Reed catch he has at the moment - can say, even after 25 years of marriage - that she will not change. Maybe she'll get a brain tumor that changes her personality, maybe she'll go through menopause and change.

But the problem is that if that happens, men then have a disproportionate burden - I don't think I have to go through the litany of legal and social problems that men may face.

Gungerassa

I saw on the new where women were complaining about it and how if men would just step up and do more work around the house without beinasked it would solve everything.

We know that if men did do more around the house, they would find something else to bitch about.  NONE of those feminazis are even considering conprimising....I haven't heard anything about women helping men in the garage.  

Feminist activists are making careers out of bashing men, so it doesn't matter what we do.  We coould give them all private jets, just like Michelle Obama, but they would still find something to bitch about.  Hussein Obama is president of the United States and he STILL plays the race card!!!

I'm not talking about normal women and African-Americans....I'm talking activists who are nothing more than attention whores, making careers out of stiring people up!

Go Up