previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Captain Courageous

What's a maverick or a cabella?

Cordell Walker

a maverick is a 12 gauge pump shotgun made by mossberg
very affordable, you will probably never have to pay more than $200 for it
cabella's is a sporting goods store that sells firearms, fishing equipment, camping equipment and much more
"how can you kill women and children?"---private joker
"Easy, ya just dont lead em as much" ---Animal Mother

no2fembots

cabella's is a sporting goods store that sells firearms, fishing equipment, camping equipment and much more

I love my Maverick - with superior pistol grip and folding skeletal stock gratis from Duckman.  Also have a sweet double barreled double trigger shotty from Norinco (ya, I know, the Red Chinese) that is sawed off at the factory so is legal in Canukistan!!! Go figure!

Firearms rights are men's rights!!  Boo freakin' YAAAA! :blob1:
"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give."  - Winston Churchill

"Get Angry...Get Loud... GET UP off your KNEES!"

Cordell Walker

I love my Maverick - with superior pistol grip and folding skeletal stock gratis from Duckman.  Also have a sweet double barreled double trigger shotty from Norinco (ya, I know, the Red Chinese) that is sawed off at the factory so is legal in Canukistan!!! Go figure!

Firearms rights are men's rights!!  Boo freakin' YAAAA! :blob1:

my life's dream is to have a bad ass glass case and have a mosin-nagant, a nagant m1895 revolver, a Tokarev TT-34, a PPSH-41, and an authentic order of the red banner, plus  a red army officers uniform in that son of a bitch

neoteny

my life's dream is to have a bad ass glass case and have a mosin-nagant, a nagant m1895 revolver, a Tokarev TT-34, a PPSH-41, and an authentic order of the red banner, plus  a red army officers uniform in that son of a bitch

Oh those Russians...  :laughing6:

Well, I had the opportunity to drive (and shoot) a T-55 MBT when I did my time in the Hungarian People's Army...  :greener:
The spreading of information about the [quantum] system through the [classical] environment is ultimately responsible for the emergence of "objective reality." 

Wojciech Hubert Zurek: Decoherence, einselection, and the quantum origins of the classical

Cordell Walker

Oh those Russians...  :laughing6:

Well, I had the opportunity to drive (and shoot) a T-55 MBT when I did my time in the Hungarian People's Army...  :greener:

you can say what you want about the commie ruskies, but those sons of bitches made some good simple durable firearms

neoteny

you can say what you want about the commie ruskies, but those sons of bitches made some good simple durable firearms

So true. Well, they had their share of good engineers (math/science education was an issue of "overtaking capitalism") and those people made some amazing technology -- in their Russian way.

IIRC I've read in Col. Hackworth's "About Face" how he lifted out of a wet ditch in Vietnam an AK-47 which was laying there for a year or so, cocked it and emptied the full magazine load of 30 in a long burst.
The spreading of information about the [quantum] system through the [classical] environment is ultimately responsible for the emergence of "objective reality." 

Wojciech Hubert Zurek: Decoherence, einselection, and the quantum origins of the classical

Cordell Walker

So true. Well, they had their share of good engineers (math/science education was an issue of "overtaking capitalism") and those people made some amazing technology -- in their Russian way.

IIRC I've read in Col. Hackworth's "About Face" how he lifted out of a wet ditch in Vietnam an AK-47 which was laying there for a year or so, cocked it and emptied the full magazine load of 30 in a long burst.

Mr Kalashnikov deserves his props
the AK is a design that someone with basic metal working skills, a decent blueprint and basic tools can emulate with no trouble, IE the kyhber pass

no2fembots

I had  Russo-file phase in my life, around when the Evil Empire went Nyet, Nyet, Soviet.

I owned a Lada station wagon, a Lada Niva 4x4 and a Lada Samara with fuel injection courtesy of General Motors.

I have Soviet military hats, many pins and badges and currency.  I also have two CCCP navy watches!

... and of course... my beloved TOK 7.65 x 25!
"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give."  - Winston Churchill

"Get Angry...Get Loud... GET UP off your KNEES!"

Sir Jessy of Anti

Has anyone shot the new Ruger mini 14 target?  I've been thinking of buying one.
"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master." -- Ayn Rand<br /><br />

Cordell Walker

Has anyone shot the new Ruger mini 14 target?  I've been thinking of buying one.

Ive fired a mini-14 some years ago
really liked it
plus its a sharp looking gun too
Ive seen a ton of them and it is one of the more popular rifles that people like to customize/add stuff to

Virtue

For the same amount of money get an AR 15....The Mini 14 is no where near as accurate unless you spend about 500 bucks at a gun smith accurizing the rifle and then its about as good as an AR 15
Imagine waking up tomorrow to find
that unbelievably rape is now legal.

You would be freaking out, telling everyone you ran into this is crazy- something needs to be done... now!!! And then every man you told this to just very smugly and condescendingly says...

"Hey... not all men are 'like that.'"

Sir Jessy of Anti

I think the Target version of the mini is supposed to be a lot more accurate because of the dampner than the regular mini...is that correct?
"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master." -- Ayn Rand<br /><br />

Go Up