Feminism Is Only About Maintaining A Fantasy

Started by SIAM, Apr 08, 2010, 10:07 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

SIAM

Feminism is not about solving problems.  It's about creating and maintaining myths.  Feminism's energies are spent throwing spotlights onto supposed problems that only women face, but such energies never truly even attempt to redress those problems.  Why?

Two-fold:

1. the problems don't really exist in the severity (or even outright!) feminism claims they do (wage gap, rape, domestic violence);

2. feminism's life support depends on these problems.  Solving the very problems, or let's be honest - admitting the problems are not as big as feminism sells them as - would be the death of feminism.  And the death of feminism would mean billions in government funding washed away, salaried jobs, the power transfer from chivalrous men (government) to women would be cut off.

So feminism will report without fail, year in year out, that western women are in real danger of rape, of being ripped off at work because they have a vagina and their boss hates that fact and pays them less because of that fact, and that only women are in danger of living with a violent partner.   And the general public will believe it.

Mr. X

Modern feminism is the supporting of patriarchies. As you pointed out feminists don't solve problems, they merely perpetuate that women are victims and that men owe women - a patriarchy.

Without chivalry these women cannot survive. They nurture this dichotomy. You would think the next step of feminism after pointing out injustices to women would be to start with women and drive them to not be victims. To make them independent. Instead modern feminism keeps women down while supporting a patriarchy that gives women entitlements.

Feminism will never strive for solutions since the solution means an end to the victim gravy train.
Feminists - "Verbally beating men like dumb animals or ignoring them is all we know and its not working."

Captain Courageous

I saw your point proven on the RH Reality Check Marcotte article last night.

When backed into a corner about the irrelevance of misogyny to Late Term Abortion opposition, they slid right into posting about "street harassment" in major cities, in two seconds flat. One of them posted "keep it going, kids".

By the time I logged off, they were whipping out the referencs to racism, KKK and using a post from a bikers' blog to prove their new assertion that misogyny is about "feeling better than some". The guys on this forum are correct ... it's Saul Alyinsky's Rules for Radicals up the wazzoo!

neoteny

it's Saul Alyinsky's Rules for Radicals up the wazzoo!

They're pretty retro, aren't they?  :toothy9:
The spreading of information about the [quantum] system through the [classical] environment is ultimately responsible for the emergence of "objective reality." 

Wojciech Hubert Zurek: Decoherence, einselection, and the quantum origins of the classical

bachelor tom

Feminism is not about solving problems.  It's about creating and maintaining myths.  Feminism's energies are spent throwing spotlights onto supposed problems that only women face, but such energies never truly even attempt to redress those problems.  Why?

Feminism actually seems to be about displaying the worst traits of female psychology and calling it wisdom.  Fear, ignorance, dishonesty, misdirection, self-absorption - not strictly feminine vices of course but perhaps more likely to manifest in unhealthy women. 

Guys may have different ugliness, like mindless violence or extreme anti-social habits.
political correctness = patriarchal chivalry + matriarchal victimology

Captain Courageous

My impression is that feminism is the guise under which alpha females intend to reverse the roles about which they complain. They want "Leave It To Beaver", with June coming home to Ward's baked cookies.

SIAM

Without chivalry these women cannot survive. They nurture this dichotomy. You would think the next step of feminism after pointing out injustices to women would be to start with women and drive them to not be victims. To make them independent. Instead modern feminism keeps women down while supporting a patriarchy that gives women entitlements.

Spot on Mr X.  Feminism requires its own patriarchy to survive - that of strong government support and interventions.  By doing so, it basically categorises women as incapable of being free, responsible citizens who can make their own way in life.  Feminism is strongly opposed to ambition and responsibility.  It is all for heavy-handed government support and rights.  

It's like wrapping up a child in cotton wool and telling them the world is a horrible place and that they should NEVER walk to the shops by themselves - instead daddy will drive you there.  In fact, never leave the house.  And so the child never develops a sense of self-sufficiency and independence.  You would feel sorry for such a child.  And that's how feminism treats women.  It condascends to women - makes them look like inadequates who can't do anything without massive support from the government.  And this helps women how?

To be a success in this life, you have to just get on with it.  There are many successful women in this world, but they didn't do it by playing the victim (and by success, I mean they actually did something for themselves, created a successful business through their own skills and ingenuity).  

Have you ever seen a success story posted on a feminist website? What about female role models? Feminism only sees "heroines" as those who have lobbyed and won more rights for women.  They never see a heroine as a woman who simply went it alone and succeeded all by herself.  

neoteny

Have you ever seen a success story posted on a feminist website? What about female role models? Feminism only sees "heroines" as those who have lobbyed and won more rights for women.  They never see a heroine as a woman who simply went it alone and succeeded all by herself.

Very good point; thank you for making it.
The spreading of information about the [quantum] system through the [classical] environment is ultimately responsible for the emergence of "objective reality." 

Wojciech Hubert Zurek: Decoherence, einselection, and the quantum origins of the classical

bachelor tom

My impression is that feminism is the guise under which alpha females intend to reverse the roles about which they complain. They want "Leave It To Beaver", with June coming home to Ward's baked cookies.

But it's still related to the traditional roles.  Feminists haven't really invented a new way of life have they?  Just flipping the old pattern isn't especially clever.  Faust's Mephistopheles was the same, simply denying everything 'good' by reflex.  But nihilism leads to desolation afaics.

It's similar to the reversal of aesthetic values over the last century: ugly is now beautiful, dissonant is now euphonious, but the old reference points are still there.
political correctness = patriarchal chivalry + matriarchal victimology

Mr. X

Exactly. I've pointed that out for years. Go to NOW's website. Do they have some list of accomplished women? "Here girls. Here are women who have made it. Learn from them!" Nope. Instead its a constant list of victims.
Feminists - "Verbally beating men like dumb animals or ignoring them is all we know and its not working."

The Biscuit Queen

Let them have it. I think they will quickly find out it was a privilage for June to be able to stay home full time, and not so fun to be the sole breadwinner.
he Biscuit Queen
www.thebiscuitqueen.blogspot.com

There are always two extremes....the truth lies in the middle.

Mr. X

You know I'm thinking this is one way we men can fight back... promote a list of women who have succeeded. Seriously have like a list with some bios of women who have succeeded and not through inheritance or marrying into money. So Oprah or JK Rowlings would be on the list but Huffington would not. And make it clear "See ladies, you too can succeed and not be victims".

neoteny

Ada, Countess of Lovelace... whose mother was the perfect control freak, so much so that she put into the divorce agreement that Lord Byron had to leave the British Isles. Ada wasn't allowed to see a painting of her father until age 18. Yet she became a coworker of Charles Babbage and started to write programs for the Analytical Engine -- which was never built, unfortunately (the design called for technology which simply wasn't available at that time).

The Biscuit Queen

That is an interesting thought. I think it is a great idea to showcase women who have made it through their own devices.

I do think, however, that many, many women were perfectlywilling to spend their entire lives dedicated to their families, supporting their husband to be successful in his endeavors, who I would also consider very successful. I think that being a helpmate to one's husband is a role that while unpaid is important. Many of these hardworking men would not have been able to have families without someone caring for them. I know some consider that a woman living off the man, but I consider it being a partner, so long as it is done with a loving intent and not resentment.

I think feminists discount these women as unimportant, unmotivated, and backwards. That is a shame. They are no less valuable than Oprah; if you talk to their husbands and kids, they would say far more important than Oprah.
he Biscuit Queen
www.thebiscuitqueen.blogspot.com

There are always two extremes....the truth lies in the middle.

Go Up