Palin demands Lear jet, deluxe hotel suite, bottled water with bendable straws

Started by ., Apr 15, 2010, 01:43 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

The Gonzman

The thing that gets me about Palin is that no one is criticizing what she did while in office. Maybe the rape kit nonsense but that is far from a notable criticism.  If you really have a good look at her accomplishments in the offices she held it is hard to not admire her.  At least that is the way I see it.  All of the BS is about her kids or something other than her performance in office.  I remember reading two long articles about exactly what she accomplished in office and continue to admire what she did. 

Most the BS I have seen, at least in this movement, can be boiled down to "Ewwwww... icky girl." I've seen no evidence presented to me that convinces me that if she was a man, she'd get the same criticism.

For a movement founded in opposition to a "Good Old Girls" type of mindset, and the product of such a poisonous, my gender first right or wrong, philosophy - it's pathetic.

I agree with you on this point. Same goes for Bachman and that O'Donnel woman. Bill Clinton did a little pot in college and he's a hero. O'Donnell, like lots of teen girls, goofed around with witchcraft... which is supposed to be hip with liberals... and she's a wack job.

But I think Palin screwed herself when she quit the governorship. She should have stuck it out. Male candidates have also faced harrassing lawsuits and redundant ethics charges and didn't run away.

Any asshat in Alaska can file ethics complaints against the governor which HAVE to be investigated, and answered, and none of the latter done on the public dime.

Those complaints came from a campaign designed to paralyze Palin's administration.  And which cost her a great deal of money, hence, her seeking money afterwards.

Another thing the Liberal Media and the He-Man Women Haters Club "forgot" to tell you.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am the MEANEST son-of-a-bitch in the valley.

Mr. X

The thing that gets me about Palin is that no one is criticizing what she did while in office. Maybe the rape kit nonsense but that is far from a notable criticism.  If you really have a good look at her accomplishments in the offices she held it is hard to not admire her.  At least that is the way I see it.  All of the BS is about her kids or something other than her performance in office.  I remember reading two long articles about exactly what she accomplished in office and continue to admire what she did. 

Most the BS I have seen, at least in this movement, can be boiled down to "Ewwwww... icky girl." I've seen no evidence presented to me that convinces me that if she was a man, she'd get the same criticism.

For a movement founded in opposition to a "Good Old Girls" type of mindset, and the product of such a poisonous, my gender first right or wrong, philosophy - it's pathetic.

I agree with you on this point. Same goes for Bachman and that O'Donnel woman. Bill Clinton did a little pot in college and he's a hero. O'Donnell, like lots of teen girls, goofed around with witchcraft... which is supposed to be hip with liberals... and she's a wack job.

But I think Palin screwed herself when she quit the governorship. She should have stuck it out. Male candidates have also faced harrassing lawsuits and redundant ethics charges and didn't run away.

Any asshat in Alaska can file ethics complaints against the governor which HAVE to be investigated, and answered, and none of the latter done on the public dime.

Those complaints came from a campaign designed to paralyze Palin's administration.  And which cost her a great deal of money, hence, her seeking money afterwards.

Another thing the Liberal Media and the He-Man Women Haters Club "forgot" to tell you.

Oh I knew about the method by which someone could file ethics charges. But the fact is that flaw exists for both men and women. Any male governor could also face the same issue. Yes its dirty pool. I'm also convinced this was done to Palin BECAUSE she was a woman and the left is pretty much a bunch of misogynist pigs.

But again politicians have faced such trials in the past and didn't quit half way through term. She was two years out. Some of these charges could have been pushed out till after her term ran out when they would mean nothing. Also this doesn't mean she could not have garnered support to help pay for these ethics trials.

Now why don't dems attack the current governor in the same way even though he's republican? I think that goes again to the misogynist angle. But quitting was not a good idea regardless of the reason. So what happens when Medeved or Putin or the used car salesman in Iran give her a hard time? She going to quit being president then?
Feminists - "Verbally beating men like dumb animals or ignoring them is all we know and its not working."

The Gonzman

When your administration is paralyzed because you are the target....
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am the MEANEST son-of-a-bitch in the valley.

Go Up