Palin demands Lear jet, deluxe hotel suite, bottled water with bendable straws

Started by ., Apr 15, 2010, 01:43 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Mr. X

[...] NONE vetted the two books WRITTEN BY THE PRESIDENT. If anybody should be vetted its THE PRESIDENT not some minor league player.

Why it wasn't vetted, then? aren't there numerous think tanks like the Cato Institute which have the (well) funded brain power to do so?

Actually conservatives have read the book but aren't considered main stream media. AP is supposed to be an unbiased media outlet. Also the Cato institute won't vet such a book because they aren't a conservative outlet. Perhaps you refer to the Heritage Foundation.
Feminists - "Verbally beating men like dumb animals or ignoring them is all we know and its not working."

neoteny

Doesn't matter whether the Cato Institute a conservative outfit or not; they're certainly not a 'progressive' or left-leaning bunch. According to them, they are about "[p]romoting public policy based on individual liberty, limited government, free markets, and peaceful international relations."

I repeat my question: why it is that no one took on the vetting of the President's book? I'm positive that it isn't because the lack of money to pay the researchers; there are plenty of non-leftist think tanks and organizations which have the funds. Is it against the law to check on the factual accuracies of something written by the President? would the Secret Service harass the researchers?

Why is it that in "The Land Of The Free" no one does a serious, sober check on something written by the top executive branch official of the country?
The spreading of information about the [quantum] system through the [classical] environment is ultimately responsible for the emergence of "objective reality." 

Wojciech Hubert Zurek: Decoherence, einselection, and the quantum origins of the classical

Gungerassa

During her book signing tours, has she ridiculed restrictive gun laws in left leaning states she went through?

During her time as Governor, she was instrumental in prohibiting municpalities from putting restrictions on firearms that contravened and Susperseded state law.

Let me add that while Palin was running for VP, I called her office three times and wrote several emails asking what Palin's stand is on illegal immigration.  I got NO replies!  None!  We have a serious drug problem directly related to open borders and the illegal aliens bring those nasty drugs into our country.  Thousands of people per year are murdered by illegal aliens, yet I have not heard her say Americans in all states need to have liberal access to fire arms to protect themselves.

That's right, even though she has mocked people about being a "bitter Clinger", been shown firing an assault rifle, enacted laws as governor to expand gun rights, enacted laws as governor to curb illegal immigration and access of same to state services  - She didn't respond personally to your letter out of millions, or say in so many words your script - which no other politician has, either - so she's a raving bitch.

Want to move the goalposts again?  Or do you just want to admit you don't WANT to like Sarah Palin?

Thanks for the information about Alaska gun laws.  Does she take credit for those laws?  Other than "During her time as Governor, she was instrumental in prohibiting municpalities from putting restrictions on firearms that contravened and Susperseded state law" what ever that means....Got a link?

Palin's staff wouldn't even answer the phones and I do expect a relpy when I get an email address with something like, "If you have questions or concerns, please email us at____________________"

"Enacted laws to curb illegal immigration....."???  Did you know Anchorage and Fairbanks are sancuary cities and Alaska is one of the three sancuary states?  How can that be? 

SANCTUARY CITIES AND STATES INFORMATION RESOURCE
http://sanctuarycities.info/sanctuary_state_alaska.htm

'Sanctuary Cities' Embrace Illegal Immigrants
http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=20547

McCain didn't get elected because voters knew he would be just as tenacious and aggressive as Bush about forcing millions upon millions of third world criminals down our throats.  Do you really think McCain would pick an anti-amnesty running mate?  I truly believe that just like Bush, Palin is hiding who she really is.  I truly believe she would do everything she could to force illegal immigration down our throats, just like Bush and McCain if elected. 

The Gonzman

And you don't understand that "Governor" and "Dictator" aren't synonymous.  When the law was passed curbing the ability of municipalities to override state Gun ;aws, it was done because absent such specific laws to the contrary, Alaska is a "Home Rule" state.

Palin had an "R" after her name, but got elected despite being opposed by the Alaskan Go-Along-To-Get-Along.

A bill banning drivers' licenses for illegals passed the Alaska state senate in 2003 [before Palin was elected governor]: "JUNEAU (AP)--The state Senate approved a bill that tightens the standards for getting a driver's license by requiring applicants prove they are in the country legally and by placing time limits on licenses for legal aliens."

The measure did not pass into law. In any event, Palin's DMV subsequently tightened the administrative regulations on drivers' licenses, thereby giving rise to a lawsuit by some folks who found the new restrictions inconvenient.

The new restrictions were not, however, enough for at least some members of the legislature, who tried again recently to enact a ban into the statutory law: "Despite two unsuccessful pushes, [a new bill] addresses the rights of illegal immigrants in Alaska: to require applicants to show proof of residency before they can get a driver's license."

Source: As reported on lafrontera.mojo4m.com Sep 5, 2006

She's been on Laura Ingraham, Hannity, and other shows and has repeatedly made statements against Illegal Immigration and "Comprehensive" reform.

You need to know more about Realpolitik in Alaska. Here are a few things we do know. Alaska has a 1,500-mile border with Canada, but immigration is not a major issue. The Pew Hispanic Center estimated that the state has one of the smallest number of illegal immigrants, with fewer than 10,000 as of a few years ago, and one of the slowest growth rates in the illegal population. The total immigrant population isn't much bigger -- the Center for Immigration Studies recently estimated that in 2007, there were only 39,000 foreign-born people in Alaska, legal and illegal combined, representing about 6 percent of the state population, less than half the immigrant share in the nation's population as a whole. Data from the 2000 Census showing that Filipinos are by far the single biggest immigrant group in Alaska. According to the Congressional Research Service, the legislature in 2003 ( BEFORE Sarah Palin became governor)   declared Alaska a sanctuary state, "prohibiting state agencies from using resources or institutions for the purpose of enforcing federal immigration laws." Alaska is also one of the few states that gives driver's licenses to illegal aliens, but in September of 2006 Sarah Palin instructed the BMV to crack down on verification of identity, which resulted in lawsuits, since she couldn't get such bills to be enacted by the legislature.

So, what o we have?  Alaska is probably the most gun friendly state, so much that Vermont actually copied them by beginning to issue licenses for reciprocity purposes; That Sarah Palin has on the speaking trail been openly contemptuous of Gun-Grabbing, and that while her positions on immigration as mayor and governor- since Alaska isn't a big destination for illegals - is small, she is on the record as opposing comprehensive reform, and in taking steps within her authority of opposing illegal immigration.

So - where do you want to move the goalposts to now?
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am the MEANEST son-of-a-bitch in the valley.

Mr. X

But but but she didn't cure cancer and she reused a postage stamp in 1975 and that purse does not go with that dress!!  :toothy9:
Feminists - "Verbally beating men like dumb animals or ignoring them is all we know and its not working."

Mr. Bad

As for any first class accommodations, can we look at Al Gore's flight arrangements or Bill Clinton's? I guarantee they demand private jets and all sorts of amenities. Bottled water is nothing. Wanting passage big enough for her family and security isn't unreasonable.

Have you guys seen the bar tab from just one flight on the public tab for Nancy Pelosi and crew?  Check it out:  http://www.wnd.com/index.php?pageId=123472

She makes Palin seem like a piker.  At least Palin is earning her dough instead of bilking the taxpayer for it, yet we don't hear about Pelosi's excesses in the MSM - they're too busy skewering Palin. 
"Men in teams... got the human species from caves to palaces. When we watch men's teams at work, we pay homage to 10,000 years of male achievements; a record of vision, ingenuity and Herculean labor that feminism has been too mean-spirited to acknowledge."  Camille Paglia

Gungerassa

And you don't understand that "Governor" and "Dictator" aren't synonymous.  When the law was passed curbing the ability of municipalities to override state Gun ;aws, it was done because absent such specific laws to the contrary, Alaska is a "Home Rule" state.

Palin had an "R" after her name, but got elected despite being opposed by the Alaskan Go-Along-To-Get-Along.

A bill banning drivers' licenses for illegals passed the Alaska state senate in 2003 [before Palin was elected governor]: "JUNEAU (AP)--The state Senate approved a bill that tightens the standards for getting a driver's license by requiring applicants prove they are in the country legally and by placing time limits on licenses for legal aliens."

The measure did not pass into law. In any event, Palin's DMV subsequently tightened the administrative regulations on drivers' licenses, thereby giving rise to a lawsuit by some folks who found the new restrictions inconvenient.

The new restrictions were not, however, enough for at least some members of the legislature, who tried again recently to enact a ban into the statutory law: "Despite two unsuccessful pushes, [a new bill] addresses the rights of illegal immigrants in Alaska: to require applicants to show proof of residency before they can get a driver's license."

Source: As reported on lafrontera.mojo4m.com Sep 5, 2006

She's been on Laura Ingraham, Hannity, and other shows and has repeatedly made statements against Illegal Immigration and "Comprehensive" reform.

You need to know more about Realpolitik in Alaska. Here are a few things we do know. Alaska has a 1,500-mile border with Canada, but immigration is not a major issue. The Pew Hispanic Center estimated that the state has one of the smallest number of illegal immigrants, with fewer than 10,000 as of a few years ago, and one of the slowest growth rates in the illegal population. The total immigrant population isn't much bigger -- the Center for Immigration Studies recently estimated that in 2007, there were only 39,000 foreign-born people in Alaska, legal and illegal combined, representing about 6 percent of the state population, less than half the immigrant share in the nation's population as a whole. Data from the 2000 Census showing that Filipinos are by far the single biggest immigrant group in Alaska. According to the Congressional Research Service, the legislature in 2003 ( BEFORE Sarah Palin became governor)   declared Alaska a sanctuary state, "prohibiting state agencies from using resources or institutions for the purpose of enforcing federal immigration laws." Alaska is also one of the few states that gives driver's licenses to illegal aliens, but in September of 2006 Sarah Palin instructed the BMV to crack down on verification of identity, which resulted in lawsuits, since she couldn't get such bills to be enacted by the legislature.

So, what o we have?  Alaska is probably the most gun friendly state, so much that Vermont actually copied them by beginning to issue licenses for reciprocity purposes; That Sarah Palin has on the speaking trail been openly contemptuous of Gun-Grabbing, and that while her positions on immigration as mayor and governor- since Alaska isn't a big destination for illegals - is small, she is on the record as opposing comprehensive reform, and in taking steps within her authority of opposing illegal immigration.

A

s tenacious as McCain is about forcing millions of criminal aliens down our throats, do you really think he would pick a running mate who is not the same?  McCain doesn't give a damn about the fact that our country has 5% of the world population, yet consumes TWO-THIRDS of the illegal drugs in thw world.  I don't hear Palin making demands that the borders be shut to those drugs that are runing the lives of our people, including innocent children! 

We have serious drug wars going on at the border.  Those thugs are armed with machine guns, but I don't hear Palin demanding that our citizens near the border and everywhere else for that matter, can also have machine guns, armor pearching ammo and other weapons to protect themselves.  We know the Second Amendment includes, but goes far beyond hunting and self protection.  I'm not going to allow Palin to hang on to the coat tails of existing legislation in Alaska.  She had the opportunity to do far more that she did as governor  A lot of politicians do just enough to think they are appeasing their constitiuents and I believe she is one of them.

There are politicians who are making passionate demands that illeal aliens be deported and SERIOUS punishments for those who hire them but Palin isn't one of them.  And she needs to do more than make token statements.  If millions of criminal aliens have come accross our borders with countless tons of illegal drugs, don't you think terrorists carrying tons of weapons of mass destruction are also coming over?  Where is Palin on that issue?

The Biscuit Queen

I am just guessing here, but since over 70% of all agricultural workers are illegal immigrants, I don't think the majorty are here to bring drugs. I could be wrong.

I do not agree with supporting illegal aliens. However there is a huge need here in the US for their labor, and so it seems to me a lot of this could have been alieviated by making the process more speedy and accessable for them to be here legally.

Either that or our teenagers need to get off their asses and start milking cows and picking strawberries.
he Biscuit Queen
www.thebiscuitqueen.blogspot.com

There are always two extremes....the truth lies in the middle.

Gungerassa

Either that or our teenagers need to get off their asses and start milking cows and picking strawberries.

Along with welfare people, inmates and people who need some extra money.  I do know that every time a packing plant is raided and illegal aliens are caught, MANY, MANY American citizens apply for those positions.  This is about corporations BRIBING our politicians to supply them with cheap labor.  Meanwhile, my health care premiums quadroupled over the past 15 years.  Rates went up that fast to pay for the health care of illegals.  Taxes have gone up too.  That ain't cheap labor.

I lived near the Mexican border for 30 years, so I can tell you that there is a serious drug problem there and everywhere.  A lot of illegal aliens use illegal drugs for money to get started here without regard for the lives they destroy.  Once those illegal aliens get into Hispanic neighborhoods, none of their fellow Hispanics will report them to the cops, so they are safe and the others are in effect aiding and abetting the dealers.

CaptDMO

Palin demands Lear jet, deluxe hotel suite, bottled water with bendable straws

Aaaaaaand, what would happen if she didn't get em?
Where did the Freedom Of Information Act figure into the wastebasket?
Are these the same folks that seem to have no other reason to hang around Alaska "reporting" on the players in the illegal access to Ms. Palin's private correspondence-gate case?

Nancy Pelosi (amongst others)"demand" private, ELITE  class,  travel accommodations from the Armed Forces, on ALL taxpayers dime,  for her California "public" job.
What would happen if she was denied?

How does "...for the women and  children" fit into that?
How is Commerce Clause... appear on the invoice for THAT request?

The Biscuit Queen

Up here in NY it is difficult to find people willing to work 10-12 hours a day, 6-7 days a week (as it should be, no one should have to work that long). It is difficult to find people willing to get up at 3am to milk, and it is hard to find folks willing to stoop all day picking strawberries, or tie grapes. The immigrants are willing to do these jobs, legal or not, and they work very hard.

I am sure it is not the same situation closer to the border. Up here the drugs are not an immigrant problem, meth is the big one and it is locals cooking that stuff up.
he Biscuit Queen
www.thebiscuitqueen.blogspot.com

There are always two extremes....the truth lies in the middle.

LSBeene

I am just guessing here, but since over 70% of all agricultural workers are illegal immigrants, I don't think the majorty are here to bring drugs. I could be wrong.

I do not agree with supporting illegal aliens. However there is a huge need here in the US for their labor, and so it seems to me a lot of this could have been alieviated by making the process more speedy and accessable for them to be here legally.

Actually Jen, as much as I dislike to disagree with you Jen, before illegals began DISPLACING agro workers it was mostly low income AMERICANS who did it.

And, since we got our produce cheaper most people did not mind.

But it was not "work that Americans can't do" - it's "work Americans won't do at that rate of pay".

I know some illegals who are working "low end" jobs and are great people.  Honest God fearing hard working contributors to society.  My problem is not with any of them - but the 15 MILLION of them.

Individually they must be judged on their own merit, just as I would want to be.  But, again, it's teh 15 MILLION of them that makes the problem.

And I love the hispanic crowds crowing about "racial profiling" crap - near the Mexico border .... ummm, who, praytell, do we supoose is coming across?  Nigerian Immigrants!?  (to be fair, in some cases yes) - but the majority of them are Hispanic.

----------------------

Oh, and very important - Mexico's immigration laws are INSANELY tough.  Here's an excerpt:

Mexico has a single, streamlined law that ensures that foreign visitors and immigrants are:
• in the country legally;
• have the means to sustain themselves economically;
• not destined to be burdens on society;
• of economic and social benefit to society;
• of good character and have no criminal records; and
• contributors to the general well-being of the nation.

The Mexican law also ensures that:

• immigration authorities have a record of each foreign visitor;
• foreign visitors do not violate their visa status;
• foreign visitors are banned from interfering in the country's internal politics;
• foreign visitors who enter under false pretenses are imprisoned or deported;
• foreign visitors violating the terms of their entry are imprisoned or deported;
• those who aid in illegal immigration will be sent to prison.

------------------------------------------------------

Specifics of the law:
• Foreigners are admitted into Mexico "according to their possibilities of contributing to national progress." (Article 32)

• Immigration officials must "ensure" that "immigrants will be useful elements for the country and that they have the necessary funds for their sustenance" and for their dependents. (Article 34)

• Foreigners may be barred from the country if their presence upsets "the equilibrium of the national demographics," when foreigners are deemed detrimental to "economic or national interests," when they do not behave like good citizens in their own country, when they have broken Mexican laws, and when "they are not found to be physically or mentally healthy." (Article 37)

• The Secretary of Governance may "suspend or prohibit the admission of foreigners when he determines it to be in the national interest."(Article 38)

Mexican authorities must keep track of every single person in the country:

• Federal, local and municipal police must cooperate with federal immigration authorities upon request, i.e., to assist in the arrests of illegal immigrants. (Article 73)

• A National Population Registry keeps track of "every single individual who comprises the population of the country," and verifies each individual's identity. (Articles 85 and 86)

• A national Catalog of Foreigners tracks foreign tourists and immigrants (Article 87), and assigns each individual with a unique tracking number (Article 91).

Foreigners with fake papers, or who enter the country under false pretenses, may be imprisoned:

• Foreigners with fake immigration papers may be fined or imprisoned. (Article 116)

• Foreigners who sign government documents "with a signature that is false or different from that which he normally uses" are subject to fine and imprisonment. (Article 116)

Foreigners who fail to obey the rules will be fined, deported, and/or imprisoned as felons:

• Foreigners who fail to obey a deportation order are to be punished. (Article 117)

• Foreigners who are deported from Mexico and attempt to re-enter the countrywithout authorization can be imprisoned for up to 10 years. (Article 118)

• Foreigners who violate the terms of their visa may be sentenced to up to six years in prison (Articles 119, 120 and 121). Foreigners who misrepresent the terms of their visa while in Mexico - such as working with out a permit - can also be imprisoned.

Under Mexican law, illegal immigration is a felony. The General Law on Population says,

• "A penalty of up to two years in prison and a fine of three hundred to five
thousand pesos will be imposed on the foreigner who enters the country
illegally." (Article 123)

• Foreigners with legal immigration problems may be deported from Mexico
instead of being imprisoned. (Article 125)

• Foreigners who "attempt against national sovereignty or security" will be
deported. (Article 126)

Mexicans who help illegal aliens enter the country are themselves considered
criminals under the law:

• A Mexican who marries a foreigner with the sole objective of helping the
foreigner live in the country is subject to up to five years in prison. (Article 127)

• Shipping and airline companies that bring undocumented foreigners into Mexico will be fined. (Article 132)

Also - and this will crack you up - Mexico asked us for money to beef up southern border security - THEIR southern border (too many illegals crossing into Mexico)

Link 

--------------------------------------------

I know this thread is not about immigration - and I do not intend to derail it.

My wife is an immigrant - we went about it LEGALLY.

That's me living my life the way I demand others do.

Steven
'Watch our backs at home, we'll guard the wall over here. You can sleep safe tonight, we'll guard the door."

Isaiah 6:8
"Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"

Mr. X

I know Mexico shoots people coming across their southern borders.

Mr. X

Nancy Pelosi (amongst others)"demand" private, ELITE  class,  travel accommodations from the Armed Forces, on ALL taxpayers dime,  for her California "public" job.
What would happen if she was denied?

True. We have to pay for Pelosis's plane through tax dollars. I believe she is the first secretary of state to get a gov plane. And its way larger than a lear.

Gungerassa

Up here in NY it is difficult to find people willing to work 10-12 hours a day, 6-7 days a week (as it should be, no one should have to work that long). It is difficult to find people willing to get up at 3am to milk, and it is hard to find folks willing to stoop all day picking strawberries, or tie grapes. The immigrants are willing to do these jobs, legal or not, and they work very hard.

Legal or illegal, I don't think people should be treated like that and we do have labor laws, but they are not being enforced.  This whole thing is being done to get the cheapest labor by bribing our politicians.

I am sure it is not the same situation closer to the border. Up here the drugs are not an immigrant problem, meth is the big one and it is locals cooking that stuff up.

A local police officer was telling me that illegal aliens bring the ingredients here from Mexico to make meth...You see, we have a law here in Iowa that make people sign for cold medication, which is the key ingredient, so they circumvent the law by bringing in mass quantities from Mexico.  For your own piece of mind, I encourage you to consult your local police about it. 

Go Up