The MRA's Court: "Bridesmaidzillas" (Don't-Turn-Yer-Back-When-Ya-Say-"I do.")

Started by Captain Courageous, Jun 19, 2010, 12:47 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Captain Courageous

Looks as though they've managed to turn weddings into war zones, not just the marriages themselves!         :angryfire:

Attack of the Bridesmaidzillas

Grinding with the father of the bride, ruining toasts, even ditching the wedding: You've never seen attendants like these.

Let's face it -- being a bridesmaid can be a pain in the neck. The awful dresses, the endless showers, the obligation to write the perfect, funny but teary-eyed toast -- not to mention the cost. Until recently, though, a girlfriend just bucked up and did it, because that's what bridesmaids -- and friends -- do.

Unless they don't. A new generation of bridesmaids -- let's call them bridesmaidzillas -- is in revolt. One such girl grabbed a terrified father of the bride on the dance floor at an outdoor wedding on the North Shore of Massachusetts and started grinding with him. Another bridesmaid gone bad, in the middle of toasts at a barbecue-themed rehearsal dinner in Austin, Texas, called her cable company and got into a shouting match over the bill. One attention-seeking bridesmaid had a tummy tuck and boob job just before a wedding in Pasadena, California, and showed up with bandages and scars, and another clingy BFF used her toast to dis the groom.

There was the artistic attendant at a California wine-country wedding who scribbled on the couple's engagement portraits with a Sharpie, and three more at a swanky Boston hotel who got so trashed at the reception, they cut off the bottom third of their $300 gowns. One girl, a ticked-off sister of the groom at a seaside Rhode Island wedding, screamed at her brother to back out of the marriage -- 10 minutes before the ceremony and in front of the bride-to-be.  [ ... ]

The bridesmaidzilla, a lethal mix of frenemy and Mean Girl wrapped in a sash, is popping up at weddings across the country, leaving a trail of bulldozed brides and apoplectic planners. It used to be crazy-eyed brides, caricatured in movies, sitcoms, and on reality TV, who scared everyone silly. Now bridesmaids, the faithful friends who've been paying, planning, and keeping their mouths shut since the dawn of taffeta, are digging in their dyed-to-match heels and making a fuss.

:bawl: :sad2:    http://lifestyle.msn.com/relationships/article.aspx?cp-documentid=24375081&Gt1=32023

neoteny

The bridesmaidzilla, a lethal mix of frenemy and Mean Girl wrapped in a sash, is popping up at weddings across the country, leaving a trail of bulldozed brides

I thought it is legal for the bride to shoot anyone who messes up her "very special day".
The spreading of information about the [quantum] system through the [classical] environment is ultimately responsible for the emergence of "objective reality." 

Wojciech Hubert Zurek: Decoherence, einselection, and the quantum origins of the classical

neoteny

Resentment of the bride is another factor. A friend's jealousy of the big ring, the bigger party, or the cute groom can boil over, and bad behavior and passive-aggressive tactics pop up.

Showing resentment/jealousy of a friend's possessions/good fortune used to be shameful behaviour; now it is a question of pride to do it.
The spreading of information about the [quantum] system through the [classical] environment is ultimately responsible for the emergence of "objective reality." 

Wojciech Hubert Zurek: Decoherence, einselection, and the quantum origins of the classical

Captain Courageous

Man, they eat their own, don't they?   :cwm10:

Now I know why the French have that expression,"Cherchez la femme!" ("Look for the woman!").

neoteny

Oh they do that only because of their false consciousness of being committed to the evil males; lesbians never hurt their sisters.  :rolle:

Mr. X

Now I know why the French have that expression,"Cherchez la femme!" ("Look for the woman!").

Yeah and the guys are probably just sitting about drinking and having a good time. Every wedding I've been to its exactly that way. Guys are cool and calm and its the girls who flake out and have tantrums and drama queen shows in front of everyone.
Feminists - "Verbally beating men like dumb animals or ignoring them is all we know and its not working."

Captain Courageous

Do Black, Latina and Asian women pull this kind of crapola ... or is this mostly White women?

Mr. X

I think it has no borders. More like do American women pull this vs women from more traditional countries.

One thing to note is these are all extravagant weddings in hotels etc. Not those simple get together weddings. I never see those things work out good and I don't know why anyone bothers with them to begin with other than young girls.
Feminists - "Verbally beating men like dumb animals or ignoring them is all we know and its not working."

LSBeene

Honestly, and without snark - if you raise a generation, male or female, to know tha outrageous behavior is not punished, socially or legally, and you give them an escape hatch in the law, and finally you raise a generation in situational eithics and moral equivalicy (?sp) - well, this is what you get.

Steven
'Watch our backs at home, we'll guard the wall over here. You can sleep safe tonight, we'll guard the door."

Isaiah 6:8
"Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"

Captain Courageous

If I paid fifty to a hundred thousand bucks for a stupid wedding (that will probably fall apart in a relatively short time), I would demand bouncers as part of the package deal
(preferably ones recently released from a maximum-security prison).

Go Up