education wife abuse

Started by outdoors, Jul 15, 2010, 12:35 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

outdoors

Jul 15, 2010, 12:35 AM Last Edit: Jul 15, 2010, 01:14 AM by outdoors
 after being on Canadacourtwatch website and following some links about cas - misandry is overwhelmingly promoted by the cas

a couple of examples of shit i found

Woman Abuse: Dispelling the Myths;

Myth 7: Men are abused by their partners as often as women are.

Fact: Research in Scotland has found that wife assault constitutes the largest proportion of family violence, almost 76%, as opposed to 1.1% for husband assault8.  Furthermore, more than 93% of charges related to spousal assault in Ontario, Canada are laid against men.9 Most charges laid against women are counter-charges laid by an assaultive partner or stem from acts of self-defense.

http://www.womanabuseprevention.com/html/myths.html

intimate femicides;

To better understand intimate femicides, a binary model is proposed.  Within this model, intimate femicide is understood as having two different origins: one involves the murder of an oppressed woman who attempted to emancipate herself and the other is an actual or attempted murder/suicide in which a socially inept and dependent man kills his liberated and independent partner.  This model thus divides intimate murders into those who attempted or committed suicide immediately after killing their partner and those who did not.

http://www.womanabuseprevention.com/html/intimate_femicide.html

abuse signs

aah nevermind...i can't go on anymore

outdoors

well...then there is this...

http://www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov.on.ca/english/family/violence.asp

pretty well stays gender nuetral untill you read a little bit....then as usual...

Stopping Abuse
If you are physically or emotionally abusing your spouse/partner, you can do something to stop. You can:

•talk to a counsellor about your violent behaviour;
•find out about groups that help men who abuse their wives or partners;
•call your doctor, a community information centre, a community health centre, the Victim Support Line (VSL) or a counselling service to get the telephone number of a group in your community;
•talk to an Employee Assistance Program counsellor who may be able to help; and
•accept responsibility for what you say and do.

Emergency Checklist for Assaulted Women in Crisis-but none for men

i will be getting some e-mails sent tommorrow when i have more time

The Biscuit Queen

They forgot a third ...tertiary.....women who kill their lesbian partners. That is still intimate femicide.
he Biscuit Queen
www.thebiscuitqueen.blogspot.com

There are always two extremes....the truth lies in the middle.

CaptDMO

They forgot a third ...tertiary.....women who kill their lesbian partners. That is still intimate femicide.

Some might say the termination of ones unborn daughter, is also "intimate femicide".

The Biscuit Queen

Good point.

he Biscuit Queen
www.thebiscuitqueen.blogspot.com

There are always two extremes....the truth lies in the middle.

Go Up