Why this guy can't stand women

Started by Amber, Dec 15, 2003, 11:34 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Amber

Well to set this up ... this guy said in the topic line of this post that I wasn't supposed to read this thread.  He IMd me once and said I was the only girl he's met who has a clue, so I am assuming me meant I was an exception.  Anyway, this guy and I also got into it because he was saying sex was free and fun, and hey ... live it up! in response to my article about "damaging the goods."  This was my response to him.

Quote from: "rhino"
-They are a sweet, friendly, caring person until you disagree with them
(then they turn into a raging bitch)

-They manipulate their way through life using their "sexuality"

-They do anything they can to win your heart until you you marry them
(and then they get fat, nasty, and refuse to give blow jobs)

-They act as if you criticize them, it is a crime against humanity
(but they can criticize "pig guys" all day long and it's cool)

-They are your soul mate and one and only until your first fight
(then you must kiss their ass to get them back even though they are
 half the reason for the fight!)

-Many many more examples....what would you include?

Ok well I know I wasn't supposed to read this but I caved.

I have a relatively crazy idea.  Perhaps, maybe ... JUST MAYBE THOUGH... oh, and I was told I have to start saying things are "JUST MY OPINION" too .... but, anyway, just maybe if you looked for a quality girl, one who knows she is worth marrying and actually prepares for a solid marriage, instead of, oh I don't know ... going in and out of the hook-up scene, thereby blinding you to look for sex parts not quality character... maybe, just maybe .... it would be condusive to finding a better wife?

One, you know, that will give the blowjobs after not before marriage?  I'm guessing giving after and for then on perhaps is a little more preferable ... no?
he men's movement is a hate movement.  

What feminism is to men; the men's rights movement is to women.

Men's rights activists blame misandry for all their problems in the same way that feminists blame the patriarchy.

The only thing men's rights activists are good at is abusing women.  

And you can quote me on that.  :D

Daymar

A good writer doesn't just stir up discontent and express opinions, a good writer changes the way their readers think. You shouldn't add in statements like "in my opinion" or "I think" because those statements don't belong in serious literature. What you have to do is write what explains exactly what you're trying to say and only that. You shouldn't leave unexplained areas that are open for translation because people will fill in the blanks with whatever it is they're thinking at that point in time. If you don't have a solid argument in an area of your piece, don't write anything, because baseless opinions deserve a life as toilet paper and that's what your readers will think they are when they read them.

I think maybe you're writing these guys off a little too easily. If you're not persuading them then you're not doing a good enough job as a writer. Instead of getting upset about it try to increase your skill as a writer. That doesn't mean changing the premise of your articles it just means changing the way you explain them.

You also said once you thought all people were good people and if you just sit them down and explain things to them they'll come around, but you don't seem to be doing that very much. Some people are hard to work with but that just means if you win them over you've done an even more impressive job.

MortalMan

That didn't seem to hurt TOO much, did it?
ember and Grand Poobah of Patriarchy Secret Society Lodge Local #303....

Amber

Quote from: "Daymar"
A good writer doesn't just stir up discontent and express opinions, a good writer changes the way their readers think. You shouldn't add in statements like "in my opinion" or "I think" because those statements don't belong in serious literature.

Oh ya?  :D

I think maybe you're writing these guys off a little too easily. If you're not persuading them then you're not doing a good enough job as a writer. Instead of getting upset about it try to increase your skill as a writer.

OK.

You also said once you thought all people were good people and if you just sit them down and explain things to them they'll come around, but you don't seem to be doing that very much.

I said this????

Some people are hard to work with but that just means if you win them over you've done an even more impressive job.

Mm, well, I've debated often about at what point to cut off the line.  There comes a certain point where if you start explaining things too much, it ruins the quality of your piece or the argument you are presenting.  You start thinking of the most absurd, illogical reactions to your article, and try to rebut them, and therefore go in "defensive" mode.  I refer to it as catering to the lowest common denominator.  Sometimes I slip and start doing this but I quickly stop myself anymore.  Well, I just try to present my concept as clear as possible and try to present positive ideologies ... it usually gets through.  But I can't get through to everyone.  There are 5 million different irrational paths people can take and only one rational one.  I can't go in and think of all bad paths and show people why they are irrational/wrong. My guiding principle is to counter any argument against my argument that is likely to "endure."  The major, mainstream arguments that might start getting spread around about me or my arguments ... of which calling me a "feminist apologist" won't be.    

You're right though, I've done very little explaining about my position on MRA in the past round of posts.  It's largely because I've done a lot of explaining through all my articles already.  I would have to go through all of my experiences, all the hate mails I've gotten from these men, all the nasty comments, all of their articles I find contemptible ... and on and on.  There are very clear patterns in all of them, from Fred Reed to random posters on internet forums - men who hate engagement rings, who make snide comments about women especially attractive women, and on and on.  No, I do not think it is just a "2%" thing of  mens rights activists.  Just about all of them, including Objectivists on this board, exhibit the type of traits I see in these men that I simply do not like.  

Well, anyway, I mostly stopped explaining because I decided to can them and their movement awhile ago.  I just don't care; they don't have much influence anyway.  They just popped up to make (try to) make my life a little more miserable recently.  But, it doesn't really matter.  I have lots of things in my treasure chest; I'm just getting started.  I have enemies before I have even really taken off.  Ha!

Men's rights activists blame misandry for all their problems in the same way that feminists blame the patriarchy.

Amber

I was being sarcastic.  Saying things are "just your opinion" implies that it has no merit or weight whatsoever.  It's just, you know ... a preference.  It's ridiculous.  Our cult of subjectivism .. the cult of treating everyone's nonsense ideas equally; the cult where 4 airhead women can have a morning talk show and we're supposed to care about their "View;" the cult that says there are no standards in art - it's some people's "VIEW" that Jackson Pollack throwing paint on canvas is not objectively any worse than Leonardo da Vinci; that I'm supposed to listen to some radical feminist nutjob on OReilly and take "HER VIEW" seriously; that I can't morally judge anything - drug use, sexual promiscuity, etc. - because, hey it's some people's 'VIEW' that these things are Ok, and on and on ... is destroying us from the inside out.  It's a fundamental assault on man's mind.  Men can never know anything; they can never judge anything; ... who ARE we to judge???  Well, anyway, I'm getting everyone on the SYG forum copies of "Introduction to Objectivist Epistemology" for Christmas.

Go Up