A little cartoon to make your arguing easier...

Started by Factory, Sep 11, 2010, 01:08 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Factory

Pacman7331

Lol. Thats great.

Hey Factory have you canceled the MRm magazine series in preference to Menz Magazine?
Is it all going to be online or are there downloadable pdfs as before?

Factory

MrM! has indeed been supplanted.  Really, it's a name change and a bit of editorial fat-cutting...more a sharper focus than before...sort of.

I'm looking into a better way of distributing the mag but it's going to involve a cash outlay I just don't have, so I'm hoping to get the circulation high enough to make buying the demographic data worth it (ie, sell advertising to pay for the fees).

It's sort of a vicious circle.  On the bright side, it seems to be pretty popular so far (3000 or so views in a month, with no way to find the mag except via links on sites like this).  A few people who have stumbled on it have emailed me (one of whom was a YuDu employee) to tell me it's opened their eyes to a lot of stuff, and they couldn't put it down.  I'm confident there will be enough men and women out there like that to make this a viable commercial product with VERY wide distribution.

YuDu offers 2 additional levels of service, a paid 'Pro' version, which allows offline viewing, full printing, etc to the end-user, and a host of info to the publisher, as well as the ability to have subscriptions (paid or not). 

The next level is an iPad app.

And that's where I intend to take this thing.  Yes folks, I fully intend to 'mainstream' these articles, and I fully intend to be able to pay the authors for their work, as well as designers and such.  It'll take a while, but there's a path opening in the trees, so to speak.

It's going to take a lot of work from me and a few others, so don't count on it happening next week or anything, but it's a goal.

In the meantime, while I would like to make full PDFs available, it'll mess with the data I need to time this properly.  But if you bear with it for a few more issues (tops), it'll pay off, I promise.

julie

That is cool. Well done.
Ignorance is the Oppressor, Vigilance the Liberator.

dr e

Great cartoon!  Funny that he says "Miss."  Did you do that one factory?  Maybe you should sign it somehow and the sig could point to your mag?
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

outdoors

lol-good one

Factory

Yeah, I actually took that pic of some friends while we were getting drunk at Smitty's.  The sig might be a good idea though...

Go Up