Dad fighting for kids kidnapped and taken to Egypt by ex-wife

Started by The Biscuit Queen, Sep 21, 2010, 06:00 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

The Biscuit Queen

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/39293268/ns/today-parenting

BOSTON -- The Massachusetts father who says his ex-wife kidnapped their two sons and took them home to Egypt visited his boys on Monday.

"I come back to the U.S. determined," said Colin Bower.

Fighting to get his boys back, Bower arrived back in Boston from Egypt on Tuesday morning, returning after meeting with 7-year old Ramsay and 9-year old Noor for 25 minutes on Monday. It was the first time he got the chance to see them in 13 months.

"It was a very emotional moment for me. It was something that I very much looked forward to, and it was very sad in many ways," said Bower.

..It's sad because Bower was awarded sole custody of the children following a divorce from his wife, Mirvat El-Nady, in 2008. A year later, his ex-wife fled to Egypt with the boys using fake passports.

Bower said it has been a living nightmare.

"When you see your children, the worst nightmare is when they're abducted, and then you wonder about their safety, and then you see them again for the first time and you realize they're not as healthy as they were when they left, and that's very sad. It's the worst thing a parent can see," said Bower.

Sen. John Kerry has sent three letters to senior government officials in Egypt over the past year.

"I hope that the involvement of the U.S. government can help bring this tragedy to its rightful conclusion by reuniting these boys with their father," wrote Sen. Kerry.

Dad returns to Boston after seeing kids in Egypt
..Bower, wrestling with a mix of emotions a day after finally seeing his boys, had a message for them.

"Noor, if you're watching, Daddy does not blame you. He does not blame Ramsey for any of this. Daddy loves you very much," said Bower.

Bower said a custody hearing is scheduled in Egypt next month, and he remains confident that he will eventually bring his boys back home.

he Biscuit Queen
www.thebiscuitqueen.blogspot.com

There are always two extremes....the truth lies in the middle.

The Gonzman

If you know Islam, you know that as a kaffir, you cannot be cheated or sinned against.  You only have limited rights, if you are one of the people of the book, as a dhimmi, paying the jizya.  If you are not that, you are an infidel, and harming you is no sin.  (And while a Muslim, through taqquiya, may protest that as people of the book you are protected, it bears repeating that you have to be a Dhimmi, paying the jizya - if you are not, you are kaffir.)

Knowing this, anyone who has any kind of relationship with a Muslim, personal, business, or whatever - is an idiot.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am the MEANEST son-of-a-bitch in the valley.

outdoors

And while a Muslim, through taqquiya, may protest that as people of the book you are protected, it bears repeating that you have to be a Dhimmi, paying the jizya - if you are not, you are kaffir.)

what?

The Gonzman

And while a Muslim, through taqquiya, may protest that as people of the book you are protected, it bears repeating that you have to be a Dhimmi, paying the jizya - if you are not, you are kaffir.)

what?

I used to work with a guy name of Ghalib, who had moved from the middle east, and left Islam.

It was a real eye opener, because he explained, in great detail, what Islam was about, and why we in the west were fools for not fearing it.

There is the Dar-al-Islam, and the Dar-al-Kafr, or the World of Islam, and the world of the Pagans.

Anyone not muslim is a pagan.  However, if you are one of the "People of the book"  (Jew or Christian) living in the Dar-al-Islam, and you pay the tax of the unbeliever, the Jizya, you can become an official second class citizen, or Dhimmi.  Which means you can practice your faith in secret like the dirty little secret it is.

All others - submit, convert, or die.  You are Kaffir.  Heathens.  Unbelievers.  Infidels.  You are unpersons, and a sin against you is no sin at all if it furthers Islam.  This is also true for anyone in the Dar-al-Kafr, Christian or Jew alike.

Atheist?  Hindu?  Pagan?  Buddhist? Shinto? - Pagans.  Kaffir.  Not worthy to even become Dhimmi.

Then there is Taqquiyah, or "Dissimullitude."  Basically stated, you are allowed to lie, evade, or even eat pork and deny Mohammed to the Kaffir for the greater glory of Islam.

So - that's what you are dealing with if you choose to deal with a Muslim.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am the MEANEST son-of-a-bitch in the valley.

outdoors

holy shit.

Men's Rights Activist

That kind of explains Obama's abusive attitude toward American citizens, doesn't it?
Life, Liberty, & Pursuit of Happiness are fundamental rights for all (including males), & not contingent on gender feminist approval or denial. Consider my "Independence" from all tyrannical gender feminist ideology "Declared" - Here & Now!

TheManOnTheStreet

That kind of explains Obama's abusive attitude toward American citizens, doesn't it?

Nawwww we just be gun-grabbing, bible thumping, intolerant bigots!

TMOTS
The Man On The Street is on the street for a reason.......

The Gonzman

Nawwww we just be gun-grabbing, bible thumping, intolerant bigots!

TMOTS

Bitter Clingers.

LSBeene

Gonzo is correct about the status of kaffir and Dhimmi under Islam.

In fact allow me expand what he said.

Under Dhimmitude a Dhimmi must give give up his seat if a Muslim needs it - in a restaurant, on a bus, in a job, and must defer to the Muslim in most, if not all, matters.

Meaning, if you and your wife are at a restaurant, just enjoying the evening, and a Muslim comes in and there is no place to sit - out you go.

If you are working in a Muslim country and the next promotion is open and it's between you and a Muslim, you will probably be on the short end of the stick, regardless of talent.

Housing - same thing - non-muslims will be relegated to the ghettos while only Muslims in good standing will be allowed in the more "posh" living areas.

As a "non-believer" your word against a Muslim in a Sharia court is not valid, unless vouched for by a Muslim or you have (this is from memory, so feel free to correct me) witnessess that can back you up.

You may not build nor repair a non-muslim place of worship - nor prosletyze (?sp) to Muslims, but they can build a church, repair a church, and share their faith with you.

You may not marry a Muslim unless you convert, and they cannot convert to your religion.  To do so is to invite at LEAST complete social/business/political/financial ostraciszation - if not beatings, vandalism, and, in some cases, yes, death.

Specifically to Egypt - Christians and  used to comprise about 15% of Egypt's population, but due to the methods described above it has dwindled to about 9%.  It is not unheard of for their churches to be shut down, and vandalized, and for the police to do NOTHING about it.  Also, some Christian girls in Egypt are kidnapped and then turn up weeks later "having converted to Islam" married to a Muslim man - many of these girls are underage.

The list goes on - but Gonzo is spot on.

The "warm and fuzzy" Islam presented to the U.S. is often a sham.  They know they cannot force Sharia onto us due to numbers, so they use our own tolerance and views on "fairness" against us - meanwhile, were we to go over to an Islamic country we would receive none of that understanding.

Under Islam a Muslim may lie without penalty to "non-believers" to accomplish his goals, without penalty.  This is written into their LAW.  Breaking a contract with a non-believer - legal.  Stealing from a non-believer - legal. 

The precedent was set in the Hadith - or traditions from Muhammed's life.  Once a Muslim has tried to convert you, and you have refused, as long as he gave you a chance - then you are in the "unbeliver" catagory.

I know my post is rambling - and I apologize - but I have seen so much about Islam.  When I see "warm and fuzzy" descriptions that only present the best parts and the best believers - a consideration Christians certainly never recieve.

What we consider a separation of church and state (that's another topic) is completely alien to them - to them, according to Islam, gov't is an extension of the church - it's there to enforce the Sharia and must defer to it.

Steven
'Watch our backs at home, we'll guard the wall over here. You can sleep safe tonight, we'll guard the door."

Isaiah 6:8
"Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"

FP

The moderate Muslim is mostly a myth. By traditional Islamic standards any moderate Muslim in the west is an apostate. I have no doubt they exist but they're either lying to fit in or will be moderate until sharia starts breathing down their neck and then they're all about being faithful Muslims. You can't seperate faith and government in Islam. It is a theocracy. It is everything the liberals complain about modern Christianity being.

There was actually a decent program on PBS awhile back on Spain and Islam from 711-1492. It has its PC tropes of wonderful multiculturalism but one point they somewhat glossed over was how it fractured and then 200 or so years later finally fell back into Christian control.

Check out http://gatesofvienna.blogspot.com/

Go Up