More crap on date-rape

Started by Beste, Dec 17, 2003, 05:05 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Beste

Sir Jessy of Anti

It amazes me how often feminists and their useful idiots can trot out false statistics.  Don't they know that the methodology/findings of the Koss study have been discredited numerous times?   Have they been living under a rock?  The thing was funded by Ms. Andrist Maggotzine fer Pete's sake.

Oh well, I've said before that feminists never really could count.
"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master." -- Ayn Rand<br /><br />

Bilbo

At the risk of sounding indelicate, I have to question this passage.

""I was drunk and I blacked out at a party at his house," she recalls. "When I woke up in the morning, I was bleeding -- he was a big person, in every way, and when he had sex with me I wasn't ready -- I wasn't wet." In the morning, she took a shower in his bathroom, reality still dawning on her, while Van Morrison's "Moondance" played on the radio, a song that to this day makes her leave the room. "I was in incredible pain, and I confronted him and said, 'What did you do?' He said, 'Oh, I'm sorry, we were both drunk.'"

Now, I understand what it means to be really drunk, and, while I'm not proud of it, I do have to admit that I have blacked out.  Couldn't he have blacked out, too?  I don't know what her sexual history is, but couldn't she have, even if in a blacked out state, been amenable to sex?  If they were both drunk, how is he more accountable than she?
It is impossible to reason a man out of something he was never reasoned into in the first place- Swift

"The cardinal principle of judicial restraint--if it is not necessary to decide more, it is necessary not to decide more."

Bilbo

This one was interesting, too.

"Consider its epic effects on the culture: Without Koss, Desiree Washington might have slinked meekly back to her family after Mike Tyson raped her in his hotel room; women pilots might still be running the gauntlet of groping men at annual Tailhook conventions; William Kennedy Smith's name might have stayed on the society pages. And nobody would be accusing Kobe Bryant of anything worse than unnecessary roughness -- or adultery."

Don't know too much about the Tyson case.
Follow up to Tailhook has revealed a lot of cover up and complicity on the part of the victims, with many innocent men scapegoated.
William Kennedy Smith was acquitted.  That, my feminist friends(I actually have a few) means that he was wrongfully accused.
Kobe Bryant will likely be acquitted.  While his adultery is despicable, I don't believ he is guilty of rape.
And these are just examples of famous men.

Epic effects, indeed.
It is impossible to reason a man out of something he was never reasoned into in the first place- Swift

"The cardinal principle of judicial restraint--if it is not necessary to decide more, it is necessary not to decide more."

Bilbo

"And "If verbal coercion constitutes rape, then the word rape itself expands to include any kind of sex a woman experiences as negative." (Actually, it's Roiphe who got it wrong: Neither Koss nor Warshaw called verbal coercion rape. They called it coercion.)"

....and they called coercion, "date rape".
duh

Daymar

I've blacked out a couple of times I think, at least once. The one time that I did I was sitting on my bathroom counter talking to 2 other guys about how they were my best friends in whole WORLD etc. anyway, all of a sudden I'm waking up and crawling out of my bed and I don't remember anything between sitting on the counter and waking up. Do people walk around and do stuff and they just don't remember doing that or something? Actually come to think of it I remember blacking out another time while I was sitting on a couch and I was in a bad mood so I've always kind of wondered about what I did between then and falling asleep because some girl was giving me weird looks the next day.

Bilbo

I really hate to sound so cynical about date rape.  I know it does happen.  It's just that I had a friend who got really screwed over in just such a situation- dated a girl a few times, they went out one night and had sex, he broke things off a few days later and then, a week later, was accused of rape.
He went through a lot of mental and emotional anguish with friends and family, not to mention becoming a social pariah, only to have this woman finally admit that she was just trying to get back at him for breaking things off.  I really didn't feel that that punishment fit his "crime".

FEMINAZIHATEMARTYR

http://www.laweekly.com/ink/03/53/features-lewis.php

From the same article;
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It all started with Mary Koss. In 1985, after conducting interviews with more than 6,000 college women and men over a three-year period, the University of Arizona psychiatry professor published a report in Ms. magazine on the prevalence of sexual assault on campus. The results startled everyone: One in four women had been victims of rape or of attempted rape; another one in four had been verbally coerced into having sex or had been touched sexually without their consent. Most jarring of all, 84 percent of women who had been raped knew their attackers. Well over half the assaults happened on dates."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh look!! Its a report from the world reknowned and authoritative MSMAGGOTZINE!! Wow now I know its a real story based upon unbiased and quantatative reporting! That just makes me feel all warm inside!! After all examine the irrefutable "startling" statistics; one quarter of all college coeds raped or assaulted and coerced by the evil android conspiracy! Why, Im going to be on guard now that I know the Holy Coven Rag is on the watch now!   :yikes:
What good fortune for government that people do not think."
                         Adolph Hitler

"Where madness rules the absurd is not far away."

We must not make the mistake of thinking that all those who eat the bread of dictatorship are evil from the first; but they must necessarily become evil....The curse of a system of terror is that there is no turning back; neither in the large realm of policies nor the 'smaller' realm of everyday human relationships is it possible for men to retrace their steps."
- Dr. Hans Bernd Gisevius
(1904-1974)

LSBeene

Oh boy, you know I GOTTA Chime in on this one.

You guys ready to read some stuff that will blow you away?  Cool.  As the resident "been falsely accused of this sh*t and aint takin it no more", I feel I should add to this discussion.

First off: William Kennedy Smith and the false accuser PATRICIA BOWMAN.  (p.s. I watched the trial - it was kinda relevant to me)
a) Will smith and PATTY BOWMAN (screw rape-shield law, why isn't she in jail?) had sex, then he basically blew her off afterwards.  Guess what, so the hell what?  Anyone seen American Pie?  Two high school sweethearts have sex, both are virgins, next day the girl dumps him to have fun in college.  Now, simple test - reverse the genders and watch the popularity of the movie plummet.
b) ahhh, but I did say FACTS didn't I?  The jury, who's foreperson was a strong woman, took only 75 minutes to decide that Will Smith was innocent.  Think of the implications.  They KNEW they were on nationwide (and worldwide) TV.  They took 1 vote, decided that it was too quick, rehashed the case, and voted again, then returned a not guilty on all counts.  It only takes 1 person to say "not guilty", but you can get retried.  It was a unianimous vote.
c) the jury said afterwards that PATTY BOWMAN's story was so implausible that SHE was the reason they didn't convict.  They noticed that the only time she became too choked up to answer questions was when the questions tripped up her own drunken story.  Patty was wearing a shirt the night of her "attack".  It said: "I am a sexual threat".  Anyone out there hear about that?  Not important you say?  What if Will had been wearing the same shirt? It was a Madonna shirt and quite popular at the time.

Ahhhh Yesss .... the "1 in 4" "STUDY"
Ahhh, you noticed it was commisioned by MS Magazine.  Did you know that 80% of the respondants did not consider themselves to be rape victims?  I know, I know, these poor uneducated (read: non-indoctrinated) dears had no idea that they had been violated until MS magazine had the courage to tell them they were victims.  Who cares if they disagreed even after being told?  Also, and lets not forget: how you get a conclusion to a study is based upon how you ask/frame the questions, which questions you ask (and don't ask), and who is interpreting the data.  Mind if I deliniate?
a) the questions were framed in maximum victimspeak.  They were asked in they were "touched" in a way they did not want. etc etc.  They were asked if they had ever had sex while the other person provided alcohol.  Getting the picture yet?
b) Which questions were asked, and just as important, which ones were NOT asked.  Does anyone here think that these women were given questions like:
---"Have you had sex when someone provided you with alcohol?" and the corresponding question to make sure the responder was being honest and fair: " Have you had sex when YOU provided someone with alcohol?"   or lets try another example : "have you ever been pressured into sex, or said no and then had sex anyways"  and the reverse "have YOU ever pressured someone into having sex, or had them say no and then had sex anyways"    ---- you get the point.  This survey was framing the answers before the questions ever got asked.  See, if the questions had shown that the respondents OWN culpability had been on the line also the, sorry to say, natural genderthink of most women to go into "victim think" would have been evident.  ... but, let's move on...
c)  And of course - Who is interpreting the data?  Ok, this forum is a biased crowd I admit, but does ANYONE here THINK that "MS" magazine was going to PUBLISH a study that found a LOW incidence of date-rape?   And when they got back the results that 1 in 20 women had been the victim of assault they couldn't publish THAT.(1 in 4 --- minus the 80% who did not think they were raped is 1 in 20 --- or 5%)  And let's be serious, even some of the women who thought they had been raped might have answered in the affirmative on some of the "questionable" behavior catagories that got them listed as victims.  In simple speech, the women surveyed would have been guilty of "date-rape" themselves.  Guess "MS" didn't want to ask THOSE questions.  Give THAT some thought.

This post is already long, but let me help you on some things you DIDN'T read about in this article.  Where is the incidence of gay/bi/LESBIAN rape?  Wanna know why it's absent?  These people, who give out the false stats, are mostly lesbian man-haters.  Seriously.  I have friends who are lesbians.  I don't give a crap who sleeps with who, I DO care WHO IS OUT TO PUT ME IN PRISON!! The rate of lesbian DV is just as high, or higher than hetero DV.  Ever hear that stat?  No?  Why not?  Ever hear in this type of column about **1** case of a man totally falsely accused?  Ok, not in this column that was linked, but you "heard" about one?  And I don't mean on a men's forum.  Ok, but notice the DETAIL of the stories of these women.  Notice that when a man is accused of rape the step by god awful step of his ruin is not listed, catagorized, laid out, examined, and given empathy.  Hmmmm, seems that there is a DELIBERATE attempt to villify one gender.  These man hating lesbians have NO DESIRE to see date-rape end.  None.  Trust me, it would take a page or two to post it, but I could lay it out in black and white.  Everyone here knows I try very hard to write in a lot of facts.  Yes, I am very passionate about what I write and have strong opinions.  But I tell you with a strong degree of certainty that the DV and date rape (read: life-rape) industries have NO INTEREST at all in healing or helping victims.  They want to hurt men, gain power, and get more money.  As more threads come up, I will post these positions with accompanying facts.

Peace to all,
L Steven Beene
'Watch our backs at home, we'll guard the wall over here. You can sleep safe tonight, we'll guard the door."

Isaiah 6:8
"Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"

Daymar

There is something interesting that you said. Why is it considered rape when a man pressures a woman into sex but not rape when the genders are swapped? Because women like sex less or something?

LSBeene

Lol, Daymar.

You and I both know why.  No long post needed on that one.  I have asked this of a feminist: "but, but, but ... because that's different".

Steven
'Watch our backs at home, we'll guard the wall over here. You can sleep safe tonight, we'll guard the door."

Isaiah 6:8
"Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"

Go Up