Majority of men are working 60-hour weeks that leave little time for fun

Started by slayton, Oct 05, 2010, 09:14 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

slayton

Majority of men are working 60-hour weeks that leave little time for fun
By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 7:55 AM on 4th October 2010

A survey has found that 60 per cent of men are working more than 60 hours a week. When it came to women, however, the results showed that the majority of them put in less than 37-and-a-half hours.

The research suggests that on average we have eight-and-a-half hours less free time each week than we did just five years ago.

We spend so many hours in the office or doing household chores we leave ourselves only one hour a day to do something we enjoy.

Half of us are even forced to take work home in order to complete it.

Personal relationships, family and children are the next biggest calls on our time, the study by Windows Live Hotmail found.

Despite working longer hours, men generally find 25 minutes more a day to do activities they enjoy. Women have 50 minutes of ‘me time’ each day, while men generally find one hour and 15 minutes.

Those who work in HR are the busiest, with 70 per cent taking work home every week.

Those working in science and creative media are the second and third busiest.

The study follows research last month which found that unfit men who work long hours double their risk of dying from heart disease.

Those who do not take enough exercise and work beyond 45 hours a week are more than twice as likely to die from heart disease as unfit men who work shorter hours.

Exercise seems to be the key to health, with fit men who work long hours having no increased risk of dying from heart disease.

The study, in the journal Heart, examined data for almost 5,000 men aged 40 to 59, from 14 companies, whose and fitness levels were tracked over 30 years.

Mr. X

But but... women earn 75 cents to each man's dollar.... oh NOW we see why. ;)
Feminists - "Verbally beating men like dumb animals or ignoring them is all we know and its not working."

BRIAN

There's that "male privilege" that allows a man to work like a slave to support himself.
You may sleep soundly at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence upon those who seek to harm you.

Virtue

Just looked at my timesheets for last week.

76 Hours.

Imagine waking up tomorrow to find
that unbelievably rape is now legal.

You would be freaking out, telling everyone you ran into this is crazy- something needs to be done... now!!! And then every man you told this to just very smugly and condescendingly says...

"Hey... not all men are 'like that.'"

Captain Courageous

What? No "me time" for men? No wonder we're just running around raping, pillaging and plundering dem po' wimmins!

The Biscuit Queen

I question whether women actually only have 50 minutes of "me time", or is that what they claim when not counting things like watching tv with hubby or talking on the phone. If men work over 60 hours and women work under 40, there is no way women have less time.
he Biscuit Queen
www.thebiscuitqueen.blogspot.com

There are always two extremes....the truth lies in the middle.

Virtue

If men work over 60 hours and women work under 40, there is no way women have less time.

Since when has logic, reason or the truth stopped the entitlement machine.
Imagine waking up tomorrow to find
that unbelievably rape is now legal.

You would be freaking out, telling everyone you ran into this is crazy- something needs to be done... now!!! And then every man you told this to just very smugly and condescendingly says...

"Hey... not all men are 'like that.'"

TheDude

I'd say: You damn well better work 100 hours a week if that is necessary to provide what the Princess wants. You told the Princess you'd provide for her every wish, and Real Men keep their bargains.

You are in some hefty competition with men who have inherited more than you will ever make in a lifetime. The Princess may not always be with you, so you better get on that treadmill.

My only question is: Why do you want the Princess? (and if you don't think you have one, think harder).

Obviously feminists will turn this fact around and use it as evidence to support their contention that women still don't have enough power, because they are systematically denied the same opportunities as men to work themselves into an early grave.

TheDude

Oh, and in the extremely small chance of a divorce (married men will give you various reasons why they will never get divorced - the chance is less than half a percent, in fact zero for them), she will get some of the proceeds of your hard work. Plus maybe some of the future proceeds, because a quirk of the American "justice" system is that the harder you work, and the less she worked, the more she gets. Cool.

And what really happens in divorces that is not recorded in statistics: She may get a 10% fee from the IRS for whistleblowing on all of your unreported income (that basically went to her). You may not only pay a negligence fee (and interest), if it is big enough you go to jail. She gets the reward. // She may get an undisclosed "settlement", if you have any interest in keeping a public reputation, in not writing an article for a magazine or a book or otherwise publicizing your sex habits and your penis size. // She will poison your relationships with her manipulation. // She will feel absolutely entitled to every penny you have, to the extent that you question yourself - because she is so sure of herself. // A common occurrence is that you may end up paying not only for her but for her biker bad-boy boyfriend that she moved in, who will also live off you. You never even expected that one. She's just not like that.

But keep working and working and working under your illusion.

TheDude

You think I'm kidding about whistleblowing of husbands to the IRS?

http://www.irs.gov/compliance/article/0,,id=180171,00.html

You can make 15-30% for a case over 2 million.

There are entire law firms that make a very good living from IRS whistleblower cases (just search the Internet). The number of credible threats that result in "settlements" from the husband before the wife actually carries it out are unknown. But also very high, I assume.

That's romance. Love. Amore. Liebe.

So many stupid men, so little time.

Captain Courageous

This appears to be one helluva thread derailment, Howdy Dudey.

Go Up