College Girl's PowerPoint "Fuck List" Goes Viral

Started by PowerMan72, Oct 05, 2010, 03:22 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

PowerMan72

:yikes:

College Girl's PowerPoint "Fuck List" Goes Viral

Duke is in an uproar about a highly detailed "fuck list" that a recent female graduate made -- in PowerPoint, complete with penis-size evaluations and dirty talk transcripts. We've got that document, and spoke exclusively to the now-contrite author.

The full document begins at the bottom of the page.

Upon graduating, the author decided to pass on the wisdom she had learned, in thesis format. The subject: "An education beyond the classroom: excelling in the realm of horizontal academics." The thirteen subjects are each preceded by a tableau of photos of the men, most of which seem to be pulled from Facebook and athletic action shots. (There are lots of athletes on the list, including many players from Duke's lacrosse team, whose behavior has come under scrutiny in the past, though they were cleared of wrongdoing.)

*** LONG ARTICLE - Click here to read the whole thing. ***
Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan: "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."

Captain Courageous

(There are lots of athletes on the list, including many players from Duke's lacrosse team, whose behavior has come under scrutiny in the past, though they were cleared of wrongdoing.)

"Under scrutiny" is a link to Wikipedia's synopsis of The Duke LaCrosse Case. "Has come under scrutiny in the past" implies there was no trial and acquittal. This Jezebel article is a feminist-inspired canard.*

*ca·nard   
1.a false or baseless, usually derogatory story, report, or rumor.

... from Fr. canard "a hoax,"

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/canard

PowerMan72

:rolle:
*** LINK TO ARTICLE ***

Excited HarperCollins Editor Says "Fuck List" Author Is "Female Tucker Max"

It's surprising that it took more than 12 hours for these emails to arrive regarding the PowerPoint Fuck List out of Duke -- but arrived they have. The first one is courtesy of the Ari Golds at William Morris Endeavor:

"This article that you've written is captivating! There are many people at our agency that would be interested in speaking with [the student]. Do you have any contact info for her by any chance? Thanks so much ahead of time for any help you can provide!"

Meanwhile, from an editor at HarperCollins:

"I'm an editor at HarperCollins publishers, where I specialize in pop culture and entertainment books. I'm intrigued and entertained by [the writer]'s PowerPoint "f*ck list," which is making the rounds online and am wondering if you could give me her email address or forward my note of interest to her. Even though I'm sure she's horrified that her, uh, presentation, which was intended for a small group of friends, has gone viral, she's a very good, funny writer, and I'm wondering if she has any interest in writing a book. She's like the female equivalent of Tucker Max, and I admire his sense of self-empowerment!"
Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan: "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."

Captain Courageous

Yeah! Tucker Max-i-pad.

neoteny

she's a very good, funny writer, and I'm wondering if she has any interest in writing a book

I recall a Salon.com article with a young female author sometimes in the early '00s: her book was about how much she drank & fucked (sorry, "hooked up") while in college. The subject isn't particularly fresh...
The spreading of information about the [quantum] system through the [classical] environment is ultimately responsible for the emergence of "objective reality." 

Wojciech Hubert Zurek: Decoherence, einselection, and the quantum origins of the classical

LSBeene

I have absolutely no problem with this - but here is the one thing: HAD A GUY DONE THIS HE'D BE BEING CRUCIFIED BY THE CAMPUS FEMINISTS.
'Watch our backs at home, we'll guard the wall over here. You can sleep safe tonight, we'll guard the door."

Isaiah 6:8
"Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"

FP

I have absolutely no problem with this - but here is the one thing: HAD A GUY DONE THIS HE'D BE BEING CRUCIFIED BY THE CAMPUS FEMINISTS.

Hope none of the guys named decide to jump off a bridge.

CG9603

Oct 06, 2010, 06:39 AM Last Edit: Oct 06, 2010, 06:45 AM by CG9603
Well, in some ways this just reinforces some of the most negative stereotypes about women.  This young woman is shallow, materialistic, and very conceited, and selfish.  Also note that she did this only to guys who were the absolute highest of high status - there are no "regular Joe" students in this list.  She is in one of those categories of women who wouldn't give a regular guy, a "good guy," the time of day because he wasn't an athlete, or drive a BMW, or "humorous."

If anything, she will get what she deserves when her looks (if she even has any worth looking at) fade away as she becomes older.  With age comes invisibility in regards to men.  This young woman is a conceited, arrogant, snobby young woman.
"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
-- General Dwight D.  Eisenhower. 

"Be bold and courageous.  When you look back on your life, you'll regret the things you didn't do more than the ones you did."
-- Unknown.

The Biscuit Queen

Oh, I don't know. While I don't think this sort of behavior is healthy, she is no different than millions of college boys....at least what they wish their experience would be, and probably no different than many college girls, if they were honest about it.

I have sat around with enough guys and talked shop....this is no more or less disrespectful than what many men dish out. 

Sure, she wants the cred (sports, money, etc) but is that any different than wanting a hot, big boobs, suck the peanut butter off a banana (with no teeth marks) nympho who likes loud cars and cooks you a good breakfast in the morning?  We all have things we want, and men are no different at that stage in the game.  Most college kids are selfish and think too much of themselves.

I certainly agree that modern adult women (25+) are in it for many wrong reasons compared to guys, but I think in college they are not so different.
he Biscuit Queen
www.thebiscuitqueen.blogspot.com

There are always two extremes....the truth lies in the middle.

Pacman7331

Loser culture. A civilization this toxic simply cannot last.

BRIAN

She is strong and empowered and this is how she asserts her personhood.
You may sleep soundly at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence upon those who seek to harm you.

Go Up