Mom, boyfriend arrested for taping toddler to wall

Started by wractor, Oct 01, 2010, 01:22 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

wractor

I agree with one of the commenters: there ought to be birth control in the water supply, and you have to apply for the antidote by passing a battery of parenting tests...

http://gawker.com/5652804/mom-boyfriend-sentenced-to-jail-for-taping-toddler-to-wall
"If you're going through Hell...Keep Going."--Winston Churchill.
(Sites by KK: www.RockHerWorld.Net, www.Focusgroup.ning.com)

The Biscuit Queen

She still has custody of her son.

I don't know what to say.
he Biscuit Queen
www.thebiscuitqueen.blogspot.com

There are always two extremes....the truth lies in the middle.

Pernicious

The mother, Jayla Hamm, 18, was sentence to 10 days in jail and two years' probation, while her boyfriend, 19-year-old Corde Honea, received a sentence of 36 to 60 months in prison--as well as separate sentences for burglary and possession of a firearm.

Gender based punishment
- Female: 10 days
- Male: 36-60 months.
 do what I need to do to protect my loved ones, friends, and family. This is what men do.

The Biscuit Queen

I had nightmares about this case last night. Then to find out she got a fraction of the punishment for the same GD crime!?

How can a judge honestly live with himself after that? And she will get her son back, after having traumatized him?!

My cousin has tried for ten years with her husband to have children. She would make the most phenominal mother, and her husband a great dad, yet they are childless. Yet here this scumbag can pop one out without thinking, abuse him, and still keep him??

If there were any justice in the world my cousin would get this little boy.

he Biscuit Queen
www.thebiscuitqueen.blogspot.com

There are always two extremes....the truth lies in the middle.

TheManOnTheStreet

I recall a few years back a guy did more time than she did here for taping a freaking ankle-biting DOGS mouth or some such...

Nope, no discounts here!

TMOTS
The Man On The Street is on the street for a reason.......

LibertarianDad

The 800lbs gorilla;
TigerTail  10/01/10

It drives me nuts that in cases of child abuse the mom always gets off with a much lighter sentence than does the boyfriend or father. We had a case here of a boyfriend who beat his girlfriend's son so badly, the boy crawled into the oven to hide. His mother TURNED THE OVEN ON. The boyfriend was sentenced to six months in prison. The mom got probation.

Go Up