Stephen Baskerville On The "Carceral State".

Started by Captain Courageous, Oct 11, 2010, 01:16 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Captain Courageous

Prof. Baskerville is another man I would nominate to represent the MRM. If an anthology of MRM writings were to be published, his work would be included. Here is an excerpt from "Feminist Gulag". (Remember those Manhating Vagina Warrior Gender Stalinistas?)

Feminist Gulag: No Prosecution Necessary   
Written by Stephen Baskerville

[ ... ] But traditionalists upholding law and order were not an innovation of the 1970s. A newer and more militant force helped create the "carceral state." In The Prison and the Gallows (2006), feminist scholar Marie Gottschalk points out that traditional conservatives were not the prime instigators, and blames "interest groups and social movements not usually associated with penal conservatism." Yet she names only one: "the women's movement."

While America's criminalization may have a number of contributing causes, it coincides precisely with the rise of organized feminism.
"The women's movement became a vanguard of conservative law-and-order politics," Gottschalk writes. "Women's organizations played a central role in the consolidation of this conservative victims' rights movement that emerged in the 1970s."

Gottschalk then twists her counterintuitive finding to condemn "conservatives" for the influx, portraying feminists as passive victims without responsibility. "Feminists prosecuting the war on rape and domestic violence" were somehow "captured and co-opted by the law-and-order agenda of politicians, state officials, and conservative groups." Yet nothing indicates that feminists offered the slightest resistance to this political abduction.

Feminists, despite Gottschalk's muted admission of guilt, did lead the charge toward wholesale incarceration. Feminist ideology has radicalized criminal justice and eroded centuries-old constitutional protections: New crimes have been created; old crimes have been redefined politically; the distinction between crime and private behavior has been erased; the presumption of innocence has been eliminated; false accusations go unpunished; patently innocent people are jailed without trial. "The new feminist jurisprudence hammers away at some of the most basic foundations of our criminal law system," Michael Weiss and Cathy Young write in a Cato Institute paper. "Chief among them is the presumption that the accused is innocent until proven guilty."

Feminists and other sexual radicals have even managed to influence the law to target conservative groups themselves. Racketeering statutes are marshaled to punish non-violent abortion demonstrators, and "hate crimes" laws attempt to silence critics of the homosexual agenda. Both are supported by "civil liberties" groups. And these are only the most notorious; there are others.

Feminists have been the most authoritarian pressure group throughout much of American history. "It is striking what an uncritical stance earlier women reformers took toward the state," Gottschalk observes. "They have played central roles in ... uncritically pushing for more enhanced policing powers."

What Gottschalk is describing is feminism's version of Stalinism: the process whereby radical movements commandeer the instruments of state repression as they trade ideological purity for power.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php/culture/family/2705-feminist-gulag-no-prosecution-necessary   

Captain Courageous

By comparison, here's a video by ABC News on women and "Obedience to Authority". Chilling!

http://www.youtube.com/v/TMSAwekYxrA?fs=1&hl=en_US

LibertarianDad

Stephen Baskerville is astute as ever. Thanks for posting this.

wractor

What's just as bad--or maybe worse--is that the police seem to GROOVE on making all these busts. Railroading and locking up their fellow men when they must know a huge percentage of the time they're being used as 'muscle'...it's like they're getting commissions on the number of arrests they make. The ones I've met are like paid sadists. As soon as I find a country with the fewest number of police officers, I'm there.

Fortunately at least one police organization in FL has said "Enough is enough" with the false rape claims. Hopefully more cops will gradually wake up over time.

We need a pamphlet to give to the police: "Are you being USED?" With a metric ton of false rape and false DV stats...
"If you're going through Hell...Keep Going."--Winston Churchill.
(Sites by KK: www.RockHerWorld.Net, www.Focusgroup.ning.com)

Captain Courageous

Good post! I've seen what you're talking about, and I very much agree. Letters to the Commissioner (especially in bulk) might have a stronger impact than pamphlets. No offense, but distributing pamphlets is more likely to get you targetted in some nasty way.

wractor

No offense taken, I concur...the commissioner would be 'one-stop shopping', too.
"If you're going through Hell...Keep Going."--Winston Churchill.
(Sites by KK: www.RockHerWorld.Net, www.Focusgroup.ning.com)

Go Up