Chilean Miners

Started by The Biscuit Queen, Oct 13, 2010, 03:12 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Men's Rights Activist

Oct 13, 2010, 06:02 PM Last Edit: Oct 13, 2010, 06:05 PM by Men's Rights Activist
The 33rd MAN is out.  That's all the miners who were trapped for 69 days.

Viva la masculinity!
Life, Liberty, & Pursuit of Happiness are fundamental rights for all (including males), & not contingent on gender feminist approval or denial. Consider my "Independence" from all tyrannical gender feminist ideology "Declared" - Here & Now!

Men's Rights Activist

If they are able to keep on this schedule, they should have #33 out (plus two volunteers who went down) by roughly 7 p.m. tonight, Pacific time.  Keep praying that the little elevator that can keeps chugging along, getting those men out.

Well, the last trapped miner came out at a little after 6 p.m. (Pacific time), right on schedule.  I'm not sure when the two volunteers came out, or if they're still down there and about to come up.  Oh, okay, they're now saying on the news that there are still five volunteers, paramedics, etc. who are still to come up.  They had earlier reported just two volunteer medics.
Life, Liberty, & Pursuit of Happiness are fundamental rights for all (including males), & not contingent on gender feminist approval or denial. Consider my "Independence" from all tyrannical gender feminist ideology "Declared" - Here & Now!

The Gonzman

Chile!  Chile!  Chile!

Um ..Yeah, NASA helped out with the project, the rescue capsule was built in Pennsylvania, and an American headed up the Drilling Operation.

Just saying.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am the MEANEST son-of-a-bitch in the valley.

neoteny

The spreading of information about the [quantum] system through the [classical] environment is ultimately responsible for the emergence of "objective reality." 

Wojciech Hubert Zurek: Decoherence, einselection, and the quantum origins of the classical

PaulGuelph

I think Paul was being sarcastic.

You are a smart one Biscuit Queen.   :notworthy:

We all talk so much about the same stuff, so I didn't think anyone would misunderstand me.  On the other hand, people noticed my message.

You can catch more flies with vinegar?   :yikes:

It's all cool.   :sunny:

Men's Movie Guide:  http://www.mensmovieguide.com   The Healing Tomb: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081N1X145

Our hearts go out to all the men and women who must work below ground.

I think Paul was being sarcastic.

Agreed, Paul was being sarcastic.  He was mockingly echoing the tendency within mainstream media outlets to gloss over male suffering by referring to it in gender-neutral terms.  If 900 male soldiers die in a military battle, and 9 female soldiers also die, it is still accurate to acknowledge the fact that the vast majority of casualties are male.  But it would be politically incorrect to make such an acknowledgment.

Men's Rights Activist

I'm sorry Paul.  I missed your sarcasm.  We could use a  sarcazer emoticon.

The Biscuit Queen

Or a font....
he Biscuit Queen
www.thebiscuitqueen.blogspot.com

There are always two extremes....the truth lies in the middle.

The Gonzman

the rescue capsule was built in Pennsylvania

The capsule , the biggest of three built by Chilean navy engineers, was named Phoenix I for the mythical bird that rises from ashes and is painted in the white, blue and red of the Chilean flag.

What I get for watching MSNBC.  It was the very drill bits themselves (http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2010-10-14-chileside14_ST_N.htm) that made the rescue possible that did it, as well as a US Firm feeding them.

Once again, the Great World Satan is the lynchpin on which a humanitarian effort rests.

Damn those capitalist American pigs!
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am the MEANEST son-of-a-bitch in the valley.

Mr. X

Why are they called miners. Why not men. If it were 23 women you can bet we'd damn well know they were women.
Feminists - "Verbally beating men like dumb animals or ignoring them is all we know and its not working."

rph3664

Why are they called miners. Why not men. If it were 23 women you can bet we'd damn well know they were women.

When firefighters die, it's a pretty safe bet they were men unless they were forest firefighters, which seem to be about 50/50 men and women.

dr e

When firefighters die, it's a pretty safe bet they were men unless they were forest firefighters, which seem to be about 50/50 men and women.

50/50?  How bout some proof for that claim?  Link?
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

Captain Courageous

Even the dykes don't want to work as miners.

slayton

Mines cave-in in China and Ecuador
Malaysia Sun
Sunday 17th October, 2010

20 miners are dead and another 17 are missing underground in a Chinese mine accident.

The mine in the city of Yuzhou in the central province of Henan collapsed during a sudden coal and gas outburst according to officials.

276 miners were at work below ground when the accident occurred.

While most made it to the surface, rescuers have been held up in looking for the others due to high gas levels in the mine.

Meanwhile, in scenes reminiscent from those in neighbouring Chile, emergency teams headed underground at a gold mine in Ecuador only to find miners had died in a rockfall.

Hoping to rescue the four workers who had become trapped, the rescuers dug through debris closest to the men.

Three of the four workers at the Casa Negra mine, near the town of Portavelo, were found dead on Saturday, while the status of the fourth man is still unknown.

The Ecuadoran miners were trapped early on Friday, shortly after Chile completed its historic, successful rescue of 33 miners who had been stuck underground in the San Jose mine for a record period of nearly 10 weeks.

Go Up