Young man falsely accused of sexual assault requests assistance

Started by mens_issues, Nov 01, 2010, 07:54 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down


The following letter is from a young man who is being falsely accused of sexual

The Story of My Alleged Charges

In December 2009 I went to a party and made-out with a girl. A couple of days
later I found out that she claimed I raped her. She was the sister of my
roommate, who told me to move out. I moved back in with my parents. Several days
later I received a protection order to stay away from her and her family. At the
court hearing, she agreed to let the protection order drop after 90 days and I
agreed to stay away from them forever.

Three months after the protection order was dropped, my lawyer tells me that the
State has filed charges against me for four counts of Felony Sex Assault. An
arrest warrant was issued and I voluntarily surrendered myself; my family posted
bail. I have since run out of money for a privet lawyer and am now working with
a Public Defender who is not interested in my innocence, just shoving me thought
the system. I did not do these things that they allege, they have no evidence;
she even went to the doctor and they found nothing conclusive. It is my word
against hers as the people that were there remember nothing. The woman can't
even remember when exactly it was that this supposedly happened.

My arraignment is coming up soon; I'm fighting with my Public Defender to take
this to trial. He is only interested in arranging a plea barging. I'm not
interested in a plea as I didn't do these things and will not say I did for any

I am in desperate need of an advocate to help me protect my rights from the
courts and my Public Defender. I currently don't have a lot of money, so any and
all help is welcome.

As I don't want to reveal the name of this young man on the
internet, I thought I'd act as a go-between for him for anyone wanting to
contact him directly. You can email me at [email protected] and I'll
forward your email to him.

Men's Issues Online - a voice for men's advocacy

Follow Male Positive Media on Twitter -


The Biscuit Queen

Please tell him he is in our prayers. This is so sad.
he Biscuit Queen

There are always two extremes....the truth lies in the middle.


email sent



He must stick to his guns. His PD must go to trial if he won't take a plea though.
You may sleep soundly at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence upon those who seek to harm you.


Thanks to those who replied.  I've passed Quentin's message on to the young man.

Men's Issues Online - a voice for men's advocacy

Follow Male Positive Media on Twitter -


 why charges on 4 counts if he only had sex with her once?

is he located in the states,canada....?

dr e

Man this really sucks.  It's one thing to know on a theoretical level that men are being screwed by false accusations but to hear a young man in trouble like this brings it home on a very personal level.  I wonder about getting his story to the media?  Yeah, I know, snowballs chance in hades.
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.


Some more information on the case:  I have spoken to the young man on the phone and actually met him Sunday at Chuck Corry's Equal Justice Foundation meeting (rather fortunate timing).  I plan to attend his arraignment next week as it's in the area. 

So far the advice seems to be in agreement - don't take the plea bargain!

Men's Issues Online - a voice for men's advocacy

Follow Male Positive Media on Twitter -

Captain Courageous

Nov 02, 2010, 07:21 PM Last Edit: Nov 02, 2010, 07:27 PM by Captain Courageous
Apparently, only your lawyer can ask exactly what the police based their arrest on, or what the DA's office is basing its case on.

Network: Contact online firms that advertise false rape defense (we've posted a few threads on them here) ask them to recommend some firm in your area. Contact your local chapter of the Bar Association for information on firms it will recommend for your type of case.

Ask for free consultations. Take any consults that are cheap enough for you to afford.
Work out a payment plan with any firm that will accept it. Ask your relatives, close and distant, for any money they will give or loan you. Pawn something. Cash something in.
Take out a loan if you have to. It's horrible to have to do it, but not a quarter as horrible as prison will be!!! Raise enough money with which to put a down payment on your new lawyer.

Check into the background of your accuser and her sister. Online sources like will show your their credit and criminal background. Just the number of previous addresses they have can show them to be possible deadbeats or fugitives skipping out on the law.

Lastly, plea bargains are meant specifically to cover the court's and the DA's assholes from subsequent prosecution for f--king you over and malpracticing their profession. Don't cave in!


wow-that is some really good info

Go Up