Deleted

Started by Amber, Dec 19, 2003, 03:29 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Amber

No, you assholes don't get to see my work before it is printed.
he men's movement is a hate movement.  

What feminism is to men; the men's rights movement is to women.

Men's rights activists blame misandry for all their problems in the same way that feminists blame the patriarchy.

The only thing men's rights activists are good at is abusing women.  

And you can quote me on that.  :D

Amber

he men's movement is a hate movement.  

What feminism is to men; the men's rights movement is to women.

Men's rights activists blame misandry for all their problems in the same way that feminists blame the patriarchy.

The only thing men's rights activists are good at is abusing women.  

And you can quote me on that.  :D

Synic

Can't....Move....Her....Ego....Too....Big....

neoteny

Quote from: "Amber"
No, you assholes don't get to see my work before it is printed.

But we get to see your .sig file and that's plenty enough.
The spreading of information about the [quantum] system through the [classical] environment is ultimately responsible for the emergence of "objective reality." 

Wojciech Hubert Zurek: Decoherence, einselection, and the quantum origins of the classical

Daymar

Amber, don't you think it's a bit of a generalization to say all MRAs are part of a hate movement? I don't think you can even call the 'men's movement' a movement at all. The MRAs are all doing their own thing, they aren't part of a group like the feminists with a central agenda. When they say they're an MRA they mean they're simply an activist with male oriented issues on their personal agendas. They're not part of a movement, because there is no movement. They're all pretty much operating independantly.

With a real movement they would have conventions, meetings, and most importantly, leaders. They would all get together and hash out a plan of action. What you have with the so called 'men's movement' is just a bunch of guys speaking out on their own accord. Glenn Sacks' radio show is the closest thing I can think of that resembles a men's movement because he has listeners and he can influence them to do things but really, he's just an independant guy with a radio station and he's just speaking out, like all the rest of them.

NealGold

To quote Daymar:

I don't think you can even call the 'men's movement' a movement at all. The MRAs are all doing their own thing, they aren't part of a group like the feminists with a central agenda. When they say they're an MRA they mean they're simply an activist with male oriented issues on their personal agendas. They're not part of a movement, because there is no movement. They're all pretty much operating independantly.

Contrary to how we've been conditioned to associate accomplishing goals through "movements," throughout history the most effective change occurs when the will of the people, having been tested, snaps back with rage.  Using a system to fix a system never brings lasting change.  Using traditional methods to examine and improve the methods has the same disappointing affect.

That there are so many men at large operating as guerillas should be frightening to governments, judiciaries, FemBorg sacred cows and law enforcement entities.  Success stories are even beginning to leech through the monolith known as the media; success stories bolster courage.  Courage + motive + nothing left to lose = getting even time.

Since there is no single organization or leader to target, any law enforcement attempt to catch men's-activist guerillas will become a 24/7 job...unless all nations to stop the madness by reversing laws legalizing sex discrimination and to begin prosecuting those who intentionally falsely accuse others (as a few examples).
A man conscious of his strength, observes Nietzsche, need have no fear of women. It is only the man who finds himself utterly helpless in the face of feminine cajolery that must cry, "Get thee behind me, Satan!" and flee. The normal, healthy man...still keeps a level head. He is strong enough to weather the sexual storm. But the man who cannot do this, who experiences no normal reaction in the direction of guardedness and caution and reason, must either abandon himself utterly as a helpless slave to woman's instinct of race-preservation, and so become a bestial voluptuary, or avoid temptation altogether and so become a celibate." -- H.L. Mencken on Nietzsche's philosophy of women

Daymar

I wasn't trying to put the MRAs down. I was just pointing out that it's not a movement so it's pretty stupid to label all MRAs as being part of a hate movement just because she got some disparaging comments from some men who happen to call themselves MRAs. In fact, I'd guess she's including the comments from people who don't call themselves MRAs. She's decided the agenda of the men's movement is to hate women, when there isn't an agenda.

Go Up