Article about P.A. and deletion of comments at HuffPo

Started by Men's Rights Activist, Nov 17, 2010, 07:31 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Men's Rights Activist

This article covers a lot of areas and appears to go off the rails at some points, still the comments about censorship at the factually challenged HuffPo ring true, IMO.

http://tinyurl.com/382uds9

HuffPo's Divorce Section: No Room for Reason on Domestic Violence?

While a few posts remained, most, in our supposition, were deleted because they disagreed with the author. One advocate was banned. Apparently, this is not the first time people have complained about the comment section of the Huffington Post.
Life, Liberty, & Pursuit of Happiness are fundamental rights for all (including males), & not contingent on gender feminist approval or denial. Consider my "Independence" from all tyrannical gender feminist ideology "Declared" - Here & Now!

Quentin0352

Interesting some of those I am going against there. At least one seems to have the ability to be well reasoned to a degree though others seem more interested in following the strict belief it is just a tool for abusive men to gain custody.

Quentin0352

Well croweeps was a good debate but Petunia showed up as soon as her name was mentioned which someone else noted as suspicious. The debate in general is good though since it shows how major movers in the industry like Trish are more interested in ideology and hate than anything else as well as how they try to silence opposition by telling them to leave, insulting them and calling them liars instead of actually debating or countering their arguments.

Sometimes it is good to expose these types on the net when there is a good chance someone doing a google search could hit on the thread and see just exactly how they are.

The Biscuit Queen

Here is a response by croweps, who I have argued with before. She makes outrageous claims which are not backed by ANY actual statistics, nor can be. She makes sweeping generalizations demonizing men and cannonizing women. She is using black and white terms to catagorize behaviors which at best are differing shades of grey. She minimizes the importance of fatherhood for children, then compare that to the death of the children and mother as if that is an outcome which happens in more than a tiny fraction of cases; in fact she ignores the fact (citable) that it is more likely the kids will die in moms care. I really could rip this to shreds and it isn't even 6am yet.

I see, professionally, cases where the mother is trying to severe the bonds between the children and the father unreasonably, and agree that, yes, this is sometimes a real problem.  It is exceedingly rare, however, particularly since those unhealthy psychological traits are present BEFORE the relationship starts and men with intelligence don't have children with women who are mentally ill.  It is certainly nowhere NEAR as common as cases where abusive men are trying to control the children in order to control the mother.

Your post assumes there is some equivalency, implies that perhaps half the cases are 'bad mommy' and seems to urge that all abuse accusations be greeted skeptically, when that is definitely NOT what is reflected in actual research.  My estimate would be perhaps 96% 'bad daddy' and at most 4% 'bad mommy'.  In addition, a success by 'bad mommy' at cutting Daddy out of the kids' lives leads to the kids TEMPORARILY losing contact with Daddy for a few years.  A success by a 'bad daddy' leads to -- dead Mommy, dead children.  Those outcomes aren't equivalent either.

Many, many children don't want anything to do with Daddy because Daddy isolates the family from others, routinely calls the children and Mommy nasty names, is a dictator, beats Mommy, beats the children, rapes Mommy, rapes the children, and threatens to kill everybody in the family if he doesn't get his own way 100%.  Their reluctance to be around Daddy is justified because that was Daddy's behavior in the past, Daddy's behavior in the past is the best indicator of Daddy's future behavior, and in case after case that's exactly what Daddy DOES DO as soon as he can con the courts into giving him unsupervised time with the kids.

he Biscuit Queen
www.thebiscuitqueen.blogspot.com

There are always two extremes....the truth lies in the middle.

Men's Rights Activist

Yep, I posted stuff ripping their lies to shreds and now I can't post there.  They obviously censor not just conversation, but the truth.
Life, Liberty, & Pursuit of Happiness are fundamental rights for all (including males), & not contingent on gender feminist approval or denial. Consider my "Independence" from all tyrannical gender feminist ideology "Declared" - Here & Now!

Quentin0352

I had created a new account since they killed my first one. If you look at their arguments, it is DV by men is more severe and that overall DV is also unequal to try and show it. It is a round argument since when you show DV is equal, they move to it being more severe and when you admit that and point out DV is about CONTROL so it is equal beyond the physical, they then try to excuse female violence and claim to be for equal treatment to then argue again only women really need the help.

Usual methods of arguing they use and of course they excuse Petunia's stalking and harassment or all the censorship they can on their end and complain if others do it to them.

Lee R.

This article covers a lot of areas and appears to go off the rails at some points, still the comments about censorship at the factually challenged HuffPo ring true, IMO.

http://tinyurl.com/382uds9

HuffPo's Divorce Section: No Room for Reason on Domestic Violence?

While a few posts remained, most, in our supposition, were deleted because they disagreed with the author. One advocate was banned. Apparently, this is not the first time people have complained about the comment section of the Huffington Post.

I don't know why you guys even argue about this anymore or bring it up.

At this point, censorship on Feminist threads and blogs, of MRA viewpoints, should be a given.

Assumed in all cases, like we assume that Air exists.

They only want free speech for those whose opinions agree with theirs. Disagree or post outside of their ideological comfort zone and you will see comments, comment threads, even entire debates, deleted.

Just a quick mention of 'More MRA Opinion Censorship at HuffPo' would suffice. We all know what that means.

Go Up