I am a Man

Started by K9, Dec 03, 2010, 10:53 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

K9

I am a man.
I don't have to Step Up to be a man.
I don't have to Man Up to be a man.
I don't have to grow a pair to be a man.
I don't have to hit a woman to be a man,
Nor do I have to take crap from a woman to be a man.
I don't have to kill to be a man, but
I refuse to be expendable to be a man.
If you and I disagree, that doesn't make you less,
It just means you're part of the problem.
Explaining misandry to a feminist is like explaining "wet" to a fish.

Mr. X

You bring up a point. You ever notice how men have to earn their manhood while its assumed women have womanhood and have to do something pretty rotten to lose it.

We men have to compete to gain our manhood. Women can just stand there and they get their womanhood.
Feminists - "Verbally beating men like dumb animals or ignoring them is all we know and its not working."

Dec 03, 2010, 03:13 PM Last Edit: Dec 03, 2010, 03:22 PM by John Dias
men have to compete to gain our manhood. Women can just stand there and they get their womanhood.

(A) "Men attain manhood through a rite of passage."
I think this is an accurate statement.

(B) "Women attain womanhood by aging into it."
I don't necessarily agree that this statement is accurate.  What is womanhood?  Isn't it the demonstration of nurturing and feminine qualities?  Feminists try to undermine any clear definitions for both male uniqueness AND female uniqueness.  How can we legitimately claim that the feminization of men is a negative thing if we too -- just like the feminists -- fail to acknowledge sexual uniqueness?  I realize that the social definition of sexual uniqueness can be used as a tool to manipulate and coerce either of the sexes, but there is hope because we can combat such manipulation or coercion by appealing to the better judgment of each individual.  Still, in my opinion it does no one any good if we tell them that there's nothing unique or special about them as males or as females.  In truth, there IS something special about them which is sex-determined, and they can tap into those qualities and emulate them once they realize that they even have them.

BRIAN

We have allowed women to tell us what we should be and how we should act for far too long. It is way past time to tell women that since they don't have a Y chromosome they don't have a say in defining what a man is. After all the RADFEMS told us that we had mere men had no right to say what defined women years ago. 
You may sleep soundly at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence upon those who seek to harm you.

PaulGuelph

Dec 03, 2010, 09:40 PM Last Edit: Dec 03, 2010, 09:43 PM by PaulGuelph
The young knight must prove himself in battle to win the favour of the fair maiden. What must the fair maiden do?  Nothing.  She just sits there and passes judgment on the young knight.

I many fairy tales, such as The Beauty and the Beast, young men compete for the female's approval.  She sits in judgment of the men.  No one judges her and no one questions her judgment of the men.  If either man fails to please her, that man is considered to be in the wrong and even a bad man, just because he did not please her.

I believe that some men have a form of mental illness where they accept such a paradigm for their lives, because this is what they have been taught.  They believe that the only purpose of a man is to please women.  These men are very chivalrous.  They spend much time working out in the gym, they fully support women-only shelters and think it exciting to lay their coat over a mud puddle for a woman.

Also, they must have as many girlfriends as possible to prove to themselves that they are pleasing women.  They then become the classic cheating husband.  They didn't mean to hurt their wives, but they seem to be driven to please as many women as possible, so that they can feel self worth and prove that they are 'real men'.
Men's Movie Guide:  http://www.mensmovieguide.com   The Healing Tomb: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081N1X145

wractor

We men have to compete to gain our manhood. Women can just stand there and they get their womanhood.

That resonated with me...the notion that we have to compete to gain our manhood.

I've always thought the definition of manhood was first and foremost, self-reliance. That means employment, and unfortunately we do have to compete for jobs, unless/until we become self-employed or run our own enterprises.

But to compete in any other area, as natural and pervasive as it may seem...how do we gain our manhood by doing that? You can say we have to compete for mates as well, but priests are men, and they don't have to compete.

I think--although I can't provide evidence, unfortunately--that maybe our lives, and everyone else's, would be a lot easier without all this competition we're obliged to enter into.
"If you're going through Hell...Keep Going."--Winston Churchill.
(Sites by KK: www.RockHerWorld.Net, www.Focusgroup.ning.com)

neoteny

You can say we have to compete for mates as well, but priests are men, and they don't have to compete.

Indeed; and (Catholic) priests don't get mates, either.
The spreading of information about the [quantum] system through the [classical] environment is ultimately responsible for the emergence of "objective reality." 

Wojciech Hubert Zurek: Decoherence, einselection, and the quantum origins of the classical

wractor

I believe that some men have a form of mental illness where they accept such a paradigm for their lives, because this is what they have been taught.  They believe that the only purpose of a man is to please women.  These men are very chivalrous.  They spend much time working out in the gym, they fully support women-only shelters and think it exciting to lay their coat over a mud puddle for a woman.

If it's a paradigm for their lives, it could be construed as a mental illness, if there was no benefit in it. I think pleasing women, especially sexually, can be viewed as an art form, and/or a skill. It's just my two cents, but it ought to be an ability you can use at will, rather than something you feel you have to do constantly.
"If you're going through Hell...Keep Going."--Winston Churchill.
(Sites by KK: www.RockHerWorld.Net, www.Focusgroup.ning.com)

no2fembots

.... and nothing human is alien to me.
"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give."  - Winston Churchill

"Get Angry...Get Loud... GET UP off your KNEES!"

The Biscuit Queen

Men have to earn respect, women have to accept what the genetic lottery passed out. In fairy tales, the princess was always beautiful. Ugly women were only mentioned if they were evil. So I would amend your theory to pretty women, as ugly women have to earn their respect as well. Probably why ugly women are nicer and harder working in general.
he Biscuit Queen
www.thebiscuitqueen.blogspot.com

There are always two extremes....the truth lies in the middle.

K9

Men have to earn respect, women have to accept what the genetic lottery passed out. In fairy tales, the princess was always beautiful. Ugly women were only mentioned if they were evil. So I would amend your theory to pretty women, as ugly women have to earn their respect as well. Probably why ugly women are nicer and harder working in general.

But women don't have to PROVE themselves worthy. Men's appearance can get them Alpha status, but the even the smallest or most unattractive men are considered social outcasts if they fail to respond as expected. The only social stigma that women face is that of being a bad mother, and that's fading fast, while  being a deadbeat dad can land a man in prison.

I understand your point, and agree with it, but don't think it's on topic here.
Explaining misandry to a feminist is like explaining "wet" to a fish.

The Biscuit Queen

But they do have to 'earn' respect, in the form of beauty. Why do you think women go though such insane lengths to look good? I will fully admit that much of that pressure comes from other women, but much of male pressure comes from other men as well.

It is very relevant. Ugly and small men can overcome their problems through wealth. The toadiest guy can get women if he is rich. An ugly woman is just ugly. Even money often doesn't help. She can find a man among the lower 'caste', but will never elevate above that no matter what she does.

I am not saying that women have it worse than men. I am saying that all women don't necessarily live free and easy all the time.

It is on topic because several posters here made it sound as if all women got a free pass for being women. That is not true. Not recognizing that is not seeing the whole picture and defeats our position.
he Biscuit Queen

Mr. X

Hmm I disagree BQ. Yes I would concede that a pretty woman will get respect right off because she's pretty but I have never seen ugly women told they are not women because they did not do X,Y or Z.

With men, you can be a pretty boy and still lose your manhood. I've seen women in bars rip on pretty men saying they were gay for example. If a guy does not perform properly his manhood is denied him by women even IF he's attractive though a lot of attractive men do get more of a slide than ugly men.

Ugly women can still get favor by simply being women. I've seen some pretty ugly women hooked up with some rather nice looking guys. The only time I see ugly guys hooked up is when they are rich or powerful or popular.

Like you said, ugly women are not on easy street but I think an ugly woman has a better chance than an ugly man.
Feminists - "Verbally beating men like dumb animals or ignoring them is all we know and its not working."

The Biscuit Queen

Well, we can agree to disagree then. I have had several friends who are really overweight, as in 300+ pounds. My one friend Renee was the sweetest woman you could ever meet. She was a college English teacher and a creative writer, was always positive with a big smile and always willing to go out of her way to help people. She lived within her means, had a small yet very tidy apartment and a couple of cats. She had never been on a date. Ever. Never been kissed, never had a man interested enough in her to get past her weight, and she was in her late 20's when I knew her. She would have made an amazing partner, yet no one would give her a chance. I know there are also men out there in the same boat. Renee got no advantage from being a women in the dating scene.

I have seen how men rip into ugly women, in fact I have seen it here. Both genders are capable of cruelty, and do indeed apply that cruelty on a regular basis.

he Biscuit Queen

PaulGuelph

Dec 06, 2010, 11:06 PM Last Edit: Dec 07, 2010, 12:24 AM by PaulGuelph
You are very wise BQ.  I envy your ability to cut through the nonsense.

But on the other hand...

"She would have made an amazing partner" Could I take her skiing, hiking, dancing, biking?  Probably none of those activities. In fact, only activities that involve sitting perfectly still.  That sounds horrible.  :sad2:

Can't go to the beach with her, because she is self conscious and she thinks you are looking at thinner women.  Can't go to the beach alone or she will be angry.  You will never go to the beach again in your lifetime.

Always talking about food and weight and diets.

Even though she is friendly, her husband would have to abandon the physical pleasures and would likely start to gain weight himself.
Men's Movie Guide:  http://www.mensmovieguide.com   The Healing Tomb: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081N1X145

Go Up