264.000 Say They Will Quit Military:DADT

Started by K9, Dec 05, 2010, 06:11 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

davis2ab

I agree society (including the military) must be neutral on religion.

However, I think nearly all religions condemn basically the same things. I certainly don't claim to know what ever religion has to say on homosexuality but my guess is that every major religion condemns it (probably most "minor" religions also).  Thus, I don't see this as a religious discrimination issue. I see it as a morality issue. I understand that certain religious groups condone homosexuality but I suspect that the core doctrine of every major religion does not.

OK, let's put aside the bible.  Most of the arguments I make really aren't biblically based. I just start out that way.

User 0

User0, you are stereotyping gays as people who will bang anything that happens to be the same sex as themselves. That is not true. It may be for some, but is also true for some straights as well.

That's not what I meant.  Quentin elaborated on what I was saying already.  I could have worded my post more eloquently, in retrospect.

Mr. X

The guy says it all but I think the gays want to be able to have gay partners on bases and on shore leave for example. But he brings up a great point. Gays have a get out of jail free card. Don't like where you are... just raise your hand and say you're gay.
Feminists - "Verbally beating men like dumb animals or ignoring them is all we know and its not working."

Billy

DrinkingwihtBob
-Don't Ask Don't Tell...[/url]

Bob is intense

Did anyone mention the fact that sometimes there is a need to draw blood from soldiers in the field for the wounded.
Who wants potential HIV infected blood in their veins?

It takes time to persuade men to do even what is for their own good.
~Thomas Jefferson

Men don't need women to fulfill themselves spiritually. They only need them to realize they don't need them.
~Henry Makow

The Biscuit Queen

While gays are more likely to be HIV positive, being straight does not mean you are negative.
he Biscuit Queen
www.thebiscuitqueen.blogspot.com

There are always two extremes....the truth lies in the middle.

gunshy

Dec 08, 2010, 11:11 AM Last Edit: Dec 08, 2010, 09:56 PM by gunshy
My Brother had to lie to get into the Marines, he was allergic to bee's.
I asked him one time "what's the big deal? If you get stung can't they just
give you a shot? Why should you have to lie about being allergic to bees?"
He told me that every exception they allow makes the military more expensive
and less effective. It's true, they won't allow overly short or tall people in the military, epileptics,
diabetics, etc. The list goes on forever.

All of these people given the chance would probably make fine solders, but that's not
the point. It's in all of our interests, hetrosexual, homosexual, etc. for our military to be as efficient and cost effective as possible.

Why do homosexuals deserve exceptions to the rules that others don't get?
Isn't it a physical condition that they're born with?

Quentin0352

Exactly Gunshy. I am out on disability though I would have still been able to do my primary job. Since going to the field was out due to the inability to run, walk long distances or be bounced around in a vehicle I was pushed out. Now doing IT and computer repair would have been no problem if I was allowed in a rear unit instead where women are but being male that was out so it ended 11 years of service for me.

The military can either spend the money making things nice for everyone to allow more people in or they can spend it on things like armor, bullets and vehicles to allow the job to be done with as few casualties on us or innocent people as possible. If you want more, then plan to pay for it and those who want gays in tend to be the same ones complaining about the costs of things like the vehicles and armor to keep people safe. I guess being nice to different groups is better than keeping our military people ALIVE and the world safe to these types.

gunshy

It should go without saying, anyone that became disabled while
in the line of duty should be accommodated in any practical way so that they can
finish their career in the military.

But as far as homosexuals, midgets, older white guys like me or any other group...this isn't rainbows and butterfly kisses we're talking about, this is the real shit that effects the safety of every American
and sovereignty of our nation, normal rules don't apply.

Let's make sure that by allowing any group in it improves the military readiness of America.

The Biscuit Queen

gunshy, good point. If they do not allow asthmatics, people with severe allergies, epileptics, all people who could serve well in many capacities, all because they cost more, gays would fit into that catagory.
he Biscuit Queen

gunshy

TY BQ.

Also, can you imagine a woman apply for a job and being told that she can have that job only if she's willing
to shower and share a dressing room with her male co-workers? That's exactly what will be expected of heterosexual
male recruits.  If women think it's sexual harassment  for a man to leer at them, I guarantee you it's ten times worse
for a heterosexual male being leer at by a gay guy. 

The Biscuit Queen

Yup. And while probably ~90% of gays in the military would never do that, there will be a few who don't care and may even purposefully antagonize the other men.
he Biscuit Queen

gunshy

Yup. And while probably ~90% of gays in the military would never do that, there will be a few who don't care and may even purposefully antagonize the other men.

I don't know about the 90%, I'm a pretty respectful guy, but if I was taking a shower with a bunch of women I doubt I could control
my wandering eye or other natural reaction. :pino:

The Biscuit Queen

Lol...hadn't thought of that. 
he Biscuit Queen

Go Up