O/T- going to a concert...

Started by The Biscuit Queen, Jan 08, 2011, 08:02 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

The Biscuit Queen

OK, this is totally off topic, but I am psyched so I'll spill the beans.

Our oldest is in college, and our youngest is 15, so we won't have many years left together as a family. So we decided to take the youngest to his first real concert as a family vacation.

http://www.downloadfestival.co.uk/2011/

:greener: :greener: :greener:

We'll be flying to the UK for 5 days to go to the Download Festival, which is one of the worlds top metal fests. I am particularly excited because System of a Down is playing, and they just rock my world. So far SoaD, Avenged Sevenfold, Rob Zombie and Linkin Park are the headliners, and we should be getting more of the lineup at the end of the month.  Almost 300 bands will be playing over 3 days. Soad is only getting back together for the month of June in Europe, so this may be the only time we will ever see them again. (I am hoping they stay together but there is no guarantee.)   

We have never taken an official family vacation that didn't involve camping with the inlaws or a cheezy resort with my folks. We are a little overdue on that one. We will be camping at the concert, as the lines going in and out extend 10 miles.

I also am hoping we can get into Lionhead Studios for a tour before the concert, they make some of the boys favorite video games (that includes Dave). 
he Biscuit Queen
www.thebiscuitqueen.blogspot.com

There are always two extremes....the truth lies in the middle.

neoteny

Sounds like an excellent plan; I'm wishing all of you an excellent time!
The spreading of information about the [quantum] system through the [classical] environment is ultimately responsible for the emergence of "objective reality." 

Wojciech Hubert Zurek: Decoherence, einselection, and the quantum origins of the classical

Sir Jessy of Anti

Jan 11, 2011, 06:58 PM Last Edit: Jan 11, 2011, 07:06 PM by Sir Jessy of Anti
 :MRm3:

Hehe.   Awesome.  I am totally daring to hope this is not of the "National Lampoons variety", for your sake of course (secretly I hope to laugh vicariously at your expense  :laughing6: )

"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master." -- Ayn Rand<br /><br />

The Biscuit Queen

Nope, sorry-tickets ordered, all of us listening to Avenged Sevenfold and showing each other SoaD videos.

We have been called idiots by several for wasting a perfectly good European vacation on a metal concert, but hey....that's the way we roll :-)
he Biscuit Queen
www.thebiscuitqueen.blogspot.com

There are always two extremes....the truth lies in the middle.

neoteny

wasting a perfectly good European vacation on a metal concert

... when you could have wasted it on visiting old buildings and get ripped off by the locals in the name of tourism.
The spreading of information about the [quantum] system through the [classical] environment is ultimately responsible for the emergence of "objective reality." 

Wojciech Hubert Zurek: Decoherence, einselection, and the quantum origins of the classical

outdoors

take lots of pics for us

Go Up